Author Topic: 20x34 2-story universal in upstate NY  (Read 88732 times)

Offline NathanS

• NY Mountains
Re: 20x34 2-story universal in upstate NY
« Reply #350 on: November 09, 2018, 05:47:44 PM »
Thanks Don. Yeah, the technology is really impressive.

Offline akwoodchuck

• Homer, AK
« Reply #351 on: November 11, 2018, 09:58:18 AM »
Beautiful work!  [cool]
"The lyf so short, the craft so long to lerne."

Offline pmichelsen

• Along the Eel River, Northern CA
« Reply #352 on: November 12, 2018, 08:45:56 AM »
When I do an addition to our place, I'll definitely be adding a mini split. Looks good.

Offline NathanS

• NY Mountains
« Reply #353 on: January 11, 2019, 07:49:05 AM »
Just wanted to say last week we passed final inspection, that's a pretty big milestone.

Still a lot of trim work left to do.

Decided to use some of the cherry on the kitchen walls. It really gives the house a warmer feeling in winter.

Hopefully I will be making doors and drawers for the kitchen soon.

Offline GaryT

• Welcome to the CP-Forum
« Reply #354 on: January 11, 2019, 08:48:29 AM »
Beautiful!  What will you be applying to the cherry backsplash to protect it?
Gary

Offline NathanS

• NY Mountains
« Reply #355 on: January 11, 2019, 09:01:26 AM »
Thanks Gary. It actually already has all it's getting - the Rubio Monocoat stuff I won't shut up about.   ;)

I have used it on everything in the house and it is holding up really well. I had to sand the upstairs bullnose when i was installing the stairs, and the spot sand + re finish completely blended in like it was supposed to.

Next to the stove I've got concrete on one side, and white oak with the rubio on the other. The rubio seems completely resistant to oil stains, while the concrete is not. That really impressed me. The kitchen table gets completely abused by our toddler and somehow all the food and juice, god knows what else, has not affected the finish yet.

The one place we have had a couple water spots is on the bathroom vanity top. I am not sure if it happened before the oil finished curing, or if it's the water mixed with soap.

I would say it took about 1 hour to finish the backsplash. And don't have to worry about off gassing. That is such a time saver, I am not sure how long it would take to do multiple coats of polyeurathane. Time is definitely at a premium these days.

Either way I love the stuff.

Templates: 5: index (default), Ads (default), Portal (default), Display (default), GenericControls (default).
Sub templates: 12: init, html_above, adsheaders_above, body_above, adsindex_above, portal_above, main, portal_below, adsindex_below, body_below, adsheaders_below, html_below.
Language files: 3: SPortal.english (default), index+Modifications.english (default), Ads.english (default).
Style sheets: 1: portal (default).
Files included: 37 - 1117KB. (show)
Cache hits: 11: 0.00213s for 40,730 bytes (show)
Queries used: 28.

[Show Queries]