Ever just read someting so incorrectly?

Started by StinkerBell, February 25, 2010, 07:04:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StinkerBell

Ever just read something so incorrectly? I did yesterday. This is what I thought I read.

"Medical practice seeks Euthanasia assistant"

Instead it really read

"Medical practice seeks enthusiastic assistant"

Every now and then I just have the brain farts.

RainDog

OH, yeah. All the time. Some kind of bad connection I have upstairs somewhere causes me to not simply misread words periodically, but as you mention, to actually INSERT some bizarre replacement for it.

There's probably some term for the phenomenon. "Really weird" is what I call it.  [crz]
NE OK

MountainDon

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Redoverfarm

Might be linked to the job application problems Stink ;D

glenn kangiser

I like to repeat to Sassy the words I think she said - too much loud machinery.  [ouch]
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Homegrown Tomatoes

Funny, Stink.  Yes, I do that all the time, too.

peternap

Yep...I had some contracts with a company called assman once. I was sure I read and pronounced it correctly....... :(I didn't though.
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

pagan

I hear things incorrectly. One time my wife and I were playing putt-putt golf and she said "With a little luck you can sink this one."

I, however, heard, "With a brittle bucket of stink thumb." Too many years in the Army, I guess.

Homegrown Tomatoes

Pagancelt, I blame it on too many years of sitting in front of the drumline in band.  I mishear stuff all the time, too.  My favorite was one time in the grocery store with my mom one time and she said, "I wonder where the shortest checkout line is?" but I heard, "I wonder where they keep the frozen chicken lips?"

pagan

Sometimes I crack up when I hear something so bizarre because I know I've heard it wrong, and then I attempt to reconstruct the comment to get as close as possible to a coherent statement. I'm not always successful.

peternap

A few Minutes ago I responded to this thread:
Do you use an LCD protector?

I wrote a rather technical response about the LCD Projectors I had used.

I deleted it :(
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

RainDog

"Aphasia is condition characterized by either partial or total loss of the ability to communicate verbally or using written words. A person with aphasia may have difficulty speaking, reading, writing, recognizing the names of objects, or understanding what other people have said. Aphasia is caused by a brain injury, as may occur during a traumatic accident or when the brain is deprived of oxygen during a stroke. It may also be caused by a brain tumor, a disease such as Alzheimer's, or an infection, like encephalitis. Aphasia may be temporary or permanent. Aphasia does not include speech impediments caused by loss of muscle control."

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_g2601/is_0001/ai_2601000135/

Brain injury explains me. Been knocked out so many times I've lost count.

What's y'all's dysfunction?  ;D

NE OK

pagan

The "crimp vs. solder" thread I first read as "gimp vs. soldier." Thought it had something to do with "Pulp Fiction."

RainDog

Quote from: pagancelt on March 02, 2010, 08:47:12 AM
The "crimp vs. solder" thread I first read as "gimp vs. soldier." Thought it had something to do with "Pulp Fiction."

That's deviance. The cat's out of the bag now.
NE OK