Dan is back

Started by apaknad, February 14, 2009, 10:17:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apaknad

glen,

please feel free to put this post in a more appropriate place. mentally i am too tired to do it.
  i want to extend my thanks and humble gratefulness to homegrown and glen and michelle for e-mailing me to see if i was ok. as some of you know, i lost my 93 y.o. mother on jan. 15 and evidently it affected me more than i thought it would. this wasn't a suprise, she was diagnosed with cancer 2 years ago but after she died i felt i was utterly alone and missed her alot(like i told homey when she inquired about me in an e-mail). i have no family(missed oppotunities) and since i retired most of my friends have gone by the wayside.
  i just haven't felt like talking to anyone for the last month and the ironic thing about that is i wish with all my heart that i had someone to talk to.
  i will start posting more and monitoring the site again. i miss everybody and if i could i would give homey, glen and michelle a big hug. bless you all.
  sincerely, dan
unless we recognize who's really in charge, things aren't going to get better.

glenn kangiser

Dan, I understand how you feel as do the other members here. We are just glad that you are starting to feel a bit like talking.

It will help you to feel better to jump in here and chat bit when you feel up to it.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

StinkerBell

NM_Shooter

Quote from: glenn kangiser on February 14, 2009, 10:24:52 PM
Dan, I understand how you feel as do the other members here. We are just glad that you are starting to feel a bit like talking.

It will help you to feel better to jump in here and chat bit when you feel up to it.

Hey Dan!  Welcome back.  Glad you are here.

-f-
"Officium Vacuus Auctorita"

glenn kangiser

One thing I can say, Dan is that sometimes there are just plain not any words that will help.  Sometimes it just takes time.  

One thing I hope you understand is that many do not say anything because they don't know what to say.  Many are so busy with the day to day struggles that they fail to notice that one of our friends has slipped through the cracks, but you can rest assured that as sure as the sun sets we have all been there or will be there.  Circumstances dictate how easy or hard it will be for us and it is always different.

Rest assured that we all are here for you whenever there is something we can do to help.

Feel free to PM, write or call me day or night - I think you have my numbers but if not - message me and I'll send them again.

"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Redoverfarm

Dan sorry to hear of your loss.  I must have missed your original message. The only thing I can say is not to beat yourself up over things you should have or could have done.  I am sure she was proud of you and what you have done or you wouldn't felt the loss so deeply. What can I say but that it is just part of life that everyone will experience at sometime.  But that is why there is always someone else besides your self to help you through the difficult times like these.  God Bless.     

Homegrown Tomatoes

Glad to see you back posting here.  Have been kind of worried about you since I hadn't heard from you in a while.  Hope that things get better with some time. 

Sassy

So sorry to hear of the loss of your mom (I miss a lot of the postings when I'm at work).  We're all here for you - we're like your extended family!

This month is the 1 yr anniversary of losing my dad & 10 yrs ago I lost my mom... it's really tough when you think, "I think I'll call my mom & tell her about this" & then remember, "oh, she's not here" or I think about stopping by my dad's to see him & realize he's not here anymore.  In fact, my sister & brothers & I went over to Dad & Mom's house the other day & sorted through all the belongings, reminiscing together - it was a bittersweet day. 

I don't know what your spiritual life is like but believing that I will see my dad & mom again one day gives me a lot of comfort.  It takes time but there will always be an emptiness.  I'm just thankful that I had the time I did with them. 
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

MountainDon

Hang in there Dan. All my best wishes and thoughts to you. K & I have lost both our mothers and her Dad in the past couple-three years. Still lots of memories collide with everyday occurrences. I trust she is in peace.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

FrankInWI

Dan, welcome back..... sorry about your loss.  I have something for you....

http://www.cheriecast.com/

Check this gal out.  I think she is near you in Michigan.  Does a podcast that started soon after her husband got killed and grandaughter horrible injured.  It's a lot about life, family, grieving, and more.   This is one tough industrious lady, give her a listen. 
god helps those who help them selves

peternap

Welcome back Dan.

I'll just echo what everybody else has said. I till feel a little alone when I think of my Mother and the things I should have done and didn't, the time between visits because I was too busy and the missed telephone calls.

Then I remember the great times all through my life, when she was there.......

Like Sassy said, I'll see her again!
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!