How's the weather

Started by Redoverfarm, December 17, 2007, 11:09:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PEG688

Quote from: southernsis on February 06, 2010, 11:19:28 AM

I wonder if Obama is looking out the window at the White House and talking about global warming.

He's thinking of a way he can "Blame Bush" for the storm.   ::)
When in doubt , build it stout with something you know about .

glenn kangiser

We all know he did it, PEG.  ::)

Wet here for me --- likely more snow there for you.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

PEG688

Quote from: glenn kangiser on February 06, 2010, 11:59:44 AM

We all know he did it, PEG.  ::)

Wet here for me --- likely more snow there for you.

Nicest winter in years , warmest Jan since they've been keeping records.

If this keeps up,  and I can find the time, the early garden plants will be in the ground the first weekend in March.
:)

When in doubt , build it stout with something you know about .

glenn kangiser

That's great, PEG.

I should get after ours but jobs keep coming in so they get first priority. d*

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

peternap

These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

Redoverfarm

Peter I don't think the link was inserted corectly as the site is showing and the IMG is there but no picture.  If you look at the begining of the link the {IMG} is not seperated.  ???

peternap

Quote from: Redoverfarm on February 06, 2010, 04:01:45 PM
Peter I don't think the link was inserted corectly as the site is showing and the IMG is there but no picture.  If you look at the begining of the link the {IMG} is not seperated.  ???
Error 16 (loose nut behind the keyboard) ;D

These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

StinkerBell

Wow, that picture gives such a perspective on how tall that dog is!

RainDog

Quote from: StinkerBell on February 06, 2010, 05:47:09 PM

That or the person is wee small.  ;)
NE OK

peternap

Quote from: RainDog on February 06, 2010, 08:13:11 PM

southernsis

Snowing with about 4 inches now and more to come.
Don't worry about the horse being blind, just load the wagon.

StinkerBell

peternap

Quote from: StinkerBell on February 08, 2010, 11:20:10 AM
Quote from: peternap on February 06, 2010, 08:17:41 PM
Quote from: RainDog on February 06, 2010, 08:13:11 PM

Person...I'm 5.10 and he's a fair amount taller than me.
Dog or person?  heh

ScottA

It's been snowing here all day.

Redoverfarm

Quote from: ScottA on February 08, 2010, 01:18:22 PM
It's been snowing here all day.

Thanks Scott.  Just got a weather alert from the county officals.  7-14" possible.  Was 0 F this morning.  Getting sort of cramped to find a place to push it all.  I guess "June" will take care of it.  ;)

Redoverfarm

I was just getting use to not having snow for two days in a row and this comes up on a weather alert.

"AN UPPER LEVEL DISTURBANCE CROSSING THE AREA WILL BRING
ACCUMULATING SNOW TODAY...WITH UPSLOPE SNOW SHOWERS PERSISTING
THROUGH TONIGHT. AMOUNTS WILL RANGE FROM 3 TO 7 INCHES...MAINLY
ACROSS THE HIGHER WINDWARD...OR WEST TO NORTHWEST FACING...TERRAIN.
BECAUSE THE SNOW WILL BE OF A DRY AND FLUFFY NATURE...GUSTY WINDS
AT HIGHER ELEVATIONS LATE AFTERNOON THROUGH TONIGHT WILL BE
CAPABLE OF CAUSING SOME BLOWING AND DRIFTING."

Redoverfarm

Another 4" of snow today.  Maybe just a few flurries tonight of 1-2" by morning.  But then they are calling for snow flurries with some accumulation until at least Friday.  No school today because of Teachers Conference and no school tomorrow because of snow. 

glenn kangiser

Enjoy your time out of school, John.  All work and no play makes John a dull boy.... :)

Redoverfarm

Actually Glenn I was referring to the kids but sometimes I feel that I should go back to school to pick up on all the things that I goofed off at when I was there.  But then again I don't think I could survive with this modern age of education as it is now.

glenn kangiser

Nor would we likely learn more than they taught in the old days.  :)

Redoverfarm

Just a different way I guess.  2 + 2 is still 4 isn't it.  But my children are learning a completely different way than we did.  I hope they learn the important stuff at home and they will be good to go in life.

glenn kangiser

I  hope it is -- for a while they were teaching my sister new math- in the 60's - and 2+2 could equal any number of a bunch of convoluted answers.  I hope they got over that. :)

Redoverfarm

First time in a couple of weeks that it's hasn't flurried all day.  About 1" overnight but that is managable.  Thought I had better start Spring cleaning a little early before the ice took off my gutters.

The snow in front of the hot tub room is pushed as far as we can with the 4-wheeler.  It is about 10' closer than we first started.

rick91351

Wow talk about up side down weather.  We decided to get away and get some sun as the Boise Valley had been socked in forever or so it seemed to us. So we started looking for some place within a days drive from the Boise area.  Seattle of all places was the best option.  Drove up there and spent a couple days it was spectacular!!!  Both going and coming and while we were there.  Mount Rainer and Mount Adams were both clear of clouds.  The Olympic Mountains were so beautiful.  I think I could have just rode the ferry back and forth all day between Seattle and Bremerton.  I never remember Seattle being so clear and nice in February.  Got back here and it is clear and chilly now.             
Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

StinkerBell