14x24 1 story in Northern Arkansas

Started by Taylor, November 21, 2008, 08:06:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

soomb

Welcome back.  Seems like there have been some changes for you.  I look forward to watching your progress.
Live- Phoenix, Relax- Payson

Taylor

Thanks soomb.

I was playing around with my floorplan a little more. I am thinking a front porch would be nice added on some time.

Bill Houghton

Taylor,

I hope you don't mind my suggestion.  Would it be possible to put the laundry opening back into the kitchen and move the bathroom to the wall behind the laundry?  You could then have a door to the bathroom in the "hallway" between the kitchen and bedroom.  That way, someone could use the bathroom even if you were in bed sleeping without having to walk through the bedroom.  Also, it would cut down on plumbing runs, clustering all of the plumbing right there close together. Saves money, time and materials.

Taylor

Quote from: Bill Houghton on October 18, 2010, 07:53:11 PM
Taylor,

I hope you don't mind my suggestion.  Would it be possible to put the laundry opening back into the kitchen and move the bathroom to the wall behind the laundry?  You could then have a door to the bathroom in the "hallway" between the kitchen and bedroom.  That way, someone could use the bathroom even if you were in bed sleeping without having to walk through the bedroom.  Also, it would cut down on plumbing runs, clustering all of the plumbing right there close together. Saves money, time and materials.

I have thought about that, and I think there was decision on doing that (earlier in the topic). I would lose my closet if I did that and my power comes up in the back corner there so I would have the breaker box in the bedroom then. I am going to be the only one living here so I don't really have to worry about other people.

Taylor

I was doing some more playing around with my floor plan again, I just can't leave it alone. Here is a new idea

I might have enough wire to make it to the laundry area for my main panel or I could just buy a new service wires to make it there.

Thought and comments? I am probably going to go with a stack washer and dryer so I will have extra storage room in there and I could get a wardrobe instead of a closet.

Taylor

Here is a picture of some progress finally:

I pulled the door out of the one end hence the raw OSB and torn house wrap, I am going to replace the wrap. I added my eve and gable extensions. I decided I am going to square cut all my rafter tails.

mogie01

Quote from: Taylor on October 18, 2010, 09:18:56 PM
I was doing some more playing around with my floor plan again, I just can't leave it alone. Here is a new idea

I might have enough wire to make it to the laundry area for my main panel or I could just buy a new service wires to make it there.

Thought and comments? I am probably going to go with a stack washer and dryer so I will have extra storage room in there and I could get a wardrobe instead of a closet.

Taylor, is there any way you could combine the laundry area with the bathroom?  This would give you a nice big bathroom, you could make a closet in the bathroom for the washer/dryer and water heater. 

Taylor

Well I have been staying in my extra bedroom in my house while I have been remodeling my master and I really have not been enjoying having to walk out of the bedroom to get to the bathroom, so bathroom access would be great from the bedroom so I have came up with this plan:

mogie01

Taylor

Quote from: mogie01 on October 28, 2010, 06:48:44 PM
I like it!

Thanks mogie01

I have really been having a hard time figuring out my floor plan.

Redoverfarm

Taylor I looked at your recent photo of your eve extensions and it appears that you had shingled the roof prior to.  Maybe just an illusion but normally the shingles are weaved from the edge of the roof to the other portions. If this is the case it could cause you problems down the road with leaks or the eve and gable sagging over time seperating the two shingled areas.   ???

Taylor

On the roof. I did weave the new shingles into the old ones just like it would have been if I would have done the whole roof at once. On the gables I pulled the cut shingles out and weaved the new shingles in.

Thanks

Taylor

Taylor

I am still here...

I thought I would update this since I have been working hard to finish it up. This building has gone through lots of changes and some people may think I am crazy or nuts but life changes so the building did too. I pull the two buildings apart so I have a living area and a nice shed to store stuff in. Now time for some pictures:

My current layout:

Kitchen layout:

Outside, just need to put up fascia:

My doors:

Some drywall pictures:

I got my shower pan liner installed, just got to water test and mortar over it, but I thought I would throw down some of my floor tile to get an idea, going to have white subway tiles on the walls:

I am hoping to get the backer board up in the shower this week and hopefully finish up mudding and sanding drywall.

Taylor

I got the drywall done and textured and painted:

I am going to work on the tile in the shower next.