Deer Run- 16x26 in Oklahoma

Started by ScottA, October 11, 2007, 03:41:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redoverfarm

Scott what size is your tank.  It seems that this area uses a rectangle 1000 gal.  In addition I see you installed a clean out.  Is it a sweeping 90 or "t".  I finally got my plumbing done in the crawlspace.  At the end of the main line (straight line) I installed a screw in plug to work on cleaning out the main line.  I have another sweeping  90 after it drops to the basement floor to clean out to the tank. 

ScottA

It's a 1000 gallon tank John. The cleanout is a special 2-way cleanout fitting. It's basicly a double throated sweep 90 that allows a snake to be inserted in both directions.

Redoverfarm

Cool.  It is amazing what you find that is out there but just not around here.

glenn kangiser

What do you think about the trees, Scott? 

I just repaired a leach field with no problem except that an oak tree had started roots into the start of the leach field and completely plugged both lines as well as growing into the "D" box.  Almost exactly 20 years - when I crossed the old field with the new one, it was good, clean and dry.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

ScottA

I'm keeping the trees. If need be I'll dig it up in 20 years and redo it.

glenn kangiser

Good plan - I left the culprit too but used the backhoe to remove the roots in that area.

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

ScottA

I finnished about 1/2 the siding on the west side this week. The phone guy was out today to measure and kill time it looked like. He was there for a good half hour and didn't really do anything. They'll be out next week to trench in the phone line. The power company said they put me on the schedule but didn't give me a date yet. I got an address this week as well. Progress marches on.  d*

ScottA

Just about finnished with the siding on the west side. Might get it done this weekend if it doesn't rain too much. Got the phone line in. They had to trench over 600'. Cost me $28. I thought that was fair. The phone guy gave me enough wire and jacks to do the whole house. Problem is now people can call and pester me which slows things down even more. Worked on the copper plumbing pipes some more too. The fun never ends.  d*

Homegrown Tomatoes

Very cool, Scott.  Haven't had time to check out your cabin in a while with the move and all, but it is looking great!  (Had to go back three pages to catch back up on it!)

ScottA

Here's a new pic I took this morning showing the siding progress. The power is being installed today as well.

John Raabe

None of us are as smart as all of us.

MountainDon

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

ScottA

Thanks for the kind words.

The power pole is in and the meter is set. I went shopping and got the stuff to set up a recep on the pole for temp power until I get around to digging the trench for the service.

bayview

Custom - Quality . . . You really have set the bar high!
    . . . said the focus was safety, not filling town coffers with permit money . . .

markert2523

Scott

I picked up a piece of this cedar from Lowes.  Curious how you attached it to the battens?  Finish nailer with galvanized?  Seems a little brittle.  Any problem with splits?  Also, I thought I had seen it before on this thread but what did you use for a spacer between boards and how wide is the gap?

Thanks

ScottA

I ran into a few brittle pieces but not many. I was careful to only select the best boards. There will be some degree of scrap with a job like this. The boards are attached with a HD galvanized 8 finnish nail. The boards are pre drilled and hand nailed. I doubt you could keep an air nailer set right but might be worth a try. Pre drilling prevents splits and keeps the nails in a straight line. The boards are spaced 3/8" apart. I used a drill bit as a spacer.

Opc Patrick

Scott, I have been watching this site for quite some time.    Well when I found this site you were on page 19, so I had some catching up to do.   Anyway, I wanted to say I loved the cabin / home and the way it was coming along.    I figured my first post should be Kudos to you.      Also I have just purchased some land in God's Country (Oklahoma) Near Waurika on the Red River and plan on building a cabin.  So I may will be asking a lot of questions.

Sassy

http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

ScottA

w*  Opc Patrick. This is a good place to ask questions. You couldn't have picked a better place to buy land.

glenn kangiser

Haven't seen the place in a bit, Scott, being short on time with my contract job- finally one that pays more than it costs, but I just wanted to say it is really looking good....

...and would the two of you like to get together and sing a few bars of Red River Valley? .... [waiting]

ScottA

Glad to hear you made the rent this month Glenn. I don't want anything to do with rivers ATM. The grand river looks like the mississippi today.

glenn kangiser

Thanks, Scott.  Looking to stock up on equipment supplies and pay off old bills while there is something over expenses coming in.. :)

ScottA

Good plan Glenn. I picked up a job in Tulsa for this week.

glenn kangiser