I Need A Name

Started by MountainDon, January 19, 2010, 03:59:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MountainDon

... or rather our Cabin / Mountain Property needs a name.   ???

It's not big enough to be a ranch, but then maybe the size doesn't matter? It's not a farm. I've referred to it as Camp Pinewood or Pinewood Camp as couple of times.   :-\    It seems the word Pinewood should be in there, not just because of all the Ponderosa Pines that surround us, but because we live on a street with the word Pinewood in it, our businesses all have included the word Pinewood; Pinewood Preschool, Pinewood Playgrounds, Pinewood Enterprises....   Or maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree.

A jar of El Pinto green chili or salsa to the name we like the best.

http://www.elpinto.com/

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

OlJarhead

Quote from: MountainDon on January 19, 2010, 03:59:12 PM
... or rather our Cabin / Mountain Property needs a name.   ???

It's not big enough to be a ranch, but then maybe the size doesn't matter? It's not a farm. I've referred to it as Camp Pinewood or Pinewood Camp as couple of times.   :-\    It seems the word Pinewood should be in there, not just because of all the Ponderosa Pines that surround us, but because we live on a street with the word Pinewood in it, our businesses all have included the word Pinewood; Pinewood Preschool, Pinewood Playgrounds, Pinewood Enterprises....   Or maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree. A jar of El Pinto green chili or salsa to the name we like the best.

We have the same issue here ;)  The Eagle Rock Ranch sounded so great but it was then pointed out that it's not a ranch...or a farm.

We refer to our land as "The property" and sometimes "the cabin site" but liked "The Double M Eagle Rock Ranch" and a few others.  (Double M becuase of our last names -- mine and my wife's kids)

MushCreek

Since you hear so much about 'McMansions' these days.... what about 'McCabin'? I've already decided to call my future build 'McCottage'.
Jay

I'm not poor- I'm financially underpowered.

StinkerBell

Pinewood Acre(s) is the place for me.
Farm livin' is the life for me.
Land spreadin' out so far and wide
Keep Manhattan, just give me that countryside.............................

ScottA

muldoon

Pinewood Haven .. or maybe .. Pinewood Trails?

Redoverfarm

Darn Stink you took my idea.  Will have to ponder this over  [hungry] supper.

RainDog

NE OK

bayview

Pine Crest Home . . . Our pine crest home.
    . . . said the focus was safety, not filling town coffers with permit money . . .

StinkerBell

Pinewood Casket and Coffe Tables.

diyfrank

Dog gone it StinkerBell, now I have that goof ball song stuck it my head.  ::)

I couldn't think of any names to suggest. 

We started calling the road into our property Ugly Bear Rd pretty much right after buying.  When we started the cabin we called it Ugly bear lodge.
Home is where you make it

NM_Shooter

Excellent!  I can win back that jar of salsa!!!  OK... I'm thinking.

Casita de Pinewood
Pinewood Crest
"Officium Vacuus Auctorita"

bayview

Quote from: NM_Shooter on January 19, 2010, 08:54:51 PM
Excellent!  I can win back that jar of salsa!!!  OK... I'm thinking.

Casita de Pinewood
Pinewood Crest

Su Casita de Jemez?

/
    . . . said the focus was safety, not filling town coffers with permit money . . .

lonelytree

Pinewood Vista

El Pinto Vista

Pinewood Lookout

Pinewood Retreat

Whitlock

I'm going to jump in here if El pinto is at stake heh

Piney Knots Estate
Pine Cone Palace
Pinewoodstock
Pine Sap Chalet
Pine Neddle Nest

Don maybe you better weld someting up and let me geuss what it is [crz]
Make Peace With Your Past So It Won't Screw Up The Present

Redoverfarm

"pin bois" de Jemez

KarDon Jemez

Kardon Pinewood

Cherokee Pinewood

Camp Pinewood

MountainDon

Quote from: Whitlock on January 19, 2010, 09:57:33 PM

Don maybe you better weld someting up and let me geuss what it is [crz]

rofl rofl rofl
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Redoverfarm

Camp Rebekka

Camp Michell

[rofl2]

Whitlock

Pinegrove
Pinecrest
Camp Pine-sol
Round pine retreat
Tall pine tavern
inewoodpay ampcay

Hey Don give us a picture 8)

considerations

MountainDon

Whitlock

rofl rofl rofl

If that is the picture how about-Pintowood

harry51

Pinewood Basin, Pinewood Ridge, Pinewood Hollow, Pinewood Hill, Pinewood Flat, Pinewood Mountain, Pinewood Canyon, Pinewood Gulch, Pinewood Ravine, Pinewood Retreat, or any of the above with Ponderosa substituted for Pinewood?
I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
Thomas Jefferson

MountainDon

Whitlock

pinepole ridge
camp little pinewood

I see in the picture a bunch of dead pines in the background looks like the bark beetles got them. If you haven't yet you need to cut them down as soon as spring comes or they will be moving to other trees.
They can kill a lot of trees in a short time.

Harry you forgot Pinewood flat