How's the weather

Started by Redoverfarm, December 17, 2007, 11:09:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drew

It's warm and dry enough to work (Mid 50s).  Now let's see if anyone will come with me.

If not I'll go buy some pipe and make irrigation risers.

Sassy

We got up to 59 degrees - beautiful out today - I worked in the garden for about an hour, then set out in my lawn chair on the deck & read for awhile - even took a nap for a few minutes  :)
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

sparks

I was working on the Arsenal bridge at Rock Island,IL today. Goes over the Mississippi. And it it was colder than a well digger's...........ax handle! [shocked]  The wind chill was headed down to -5 at quitting time, and expected to go down to -20 tonight.
My vessel is so small....the seas so vast......

Redoverfarm

This morning it is 6F.  Not as cold as predicted but it still has a nip in the air.  The major percipitation flew off the coast just south of us. Hear that Raleigh/Durham had 3".  Tonight is suppose to get down to 0 deg.  Have to throw another log on the fire.

Homegrown Tomatoes

-7 this morning.  Sunny, but really cold!

Drew

It's partially cloudy out here by the coast.  The clouds might not make it past noon.  I'm sitting in my home office with the door to the deck open so Henry-the-boxer-mix can go in and out. The high today is supposed to be 51 but I think it's high 50s right now.

Homegrown Tomatoes

Stayed really cold all day with more of a wind than yesterday.  Tomorrow is the warmest day on the forecast, 20degrees above 0.  :(  I hope we get another mid-winter warm-up soon!!!

glenn kangiser

We have a week of snow coming except Wednesday  which is rain. 
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Redoverfarm

Got down to -1F overnight. Not suppose to get higher than 20F this week with chance of snow off and on.

tanya

It was -15 here this morning and I think the high got up around 12.  It is already 0 degrees outside and it is only 5:30 this weather is supposed to last three days and I will be soooo glad when it is over.  The good news is that the nice sunny windows on the south side of the house let in enough free heat today to get the house up to 82 that was a nice time to lay in the sun and take my nap so I can stay up stoking the fire again tonight.  brrrrr
Peresrverance, persistance and passion, keys to the good life.

glenn kangiser

We had a bit of sleet today currently 37 out.

I brought up a load of dry Live Oak fro a dead tree by our spring -- 4WD with the Bush Hog.  Boy, is that nice burning wood.  Holds a great fire and nice hard coals.  Keeps us around 72 to 75 in the underground headquarters with a moderate to small fire.

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Redoverfarm

Partly cloudy( partly is quickly disappearing). Temp 6F earlier. Up to 13 now.  Suppose to get something falling afterbit (freezing rain or snow).  Highs predicted are 36F. Don't think it will make it there though. I am hoping as I could get some things done on the cabin today.

Drew

Looks like it will be rain through the rest of the week.  It can even rain this weekend.  I give it my permission.  We're not working but instead doing a bunch of 4H stuff.  Dan and I are also going to go see Joel Salatin speak on Saturday!  Yep, I'm the quintessential Fan Boy.

Sassy

We had some snow flakes earlier today but it's 41 now - keeps saying it's going to snow but so far nothing that you would notice.  Still could snow or just rain for the rest of the week as Drew said.  I have to work so it won't matter - only thing I don't like is fog & so far this year I haven't had to drive in much.  The worst was the other day driving from the valley to the mountains - it didn't clear up until I hit the road before our private road....   :(

There's nights I'm driving home from work where I literally can barely see one line ahead of me - this is 22 miles out into the country - all the side roads & idiots that don't bother to stop - it feels like you're driving blind.  I guess I've had one or 2 nights this year like that but not every night like it is some years.   :P  I have to open my window to listen & go about 25 mph - that's probably too fast but takes me an hour to get home & after working from 1130 am & getting off at midnite or later, I'm tired! 

ScottA

Really cold today. Went by the cabin and the floor was covered with a thin layer of ice with melted water on top of that. Tried sweeping out the water but it refroze as soon as I moved it. Got some of it out though. It's still really slick. High today was about 30. Didn't get any work done.  :(

Drew

Wow.  We're supposed to get 5" of rain on Friday or so.

I'm sure glad I got a new roof two winters ago.

Sassy

We're looking at rain/snow for the next several days - at least until Monday - I go to the valley Friday for work so will just be in rain...  I like the snow when I'm up here - don't have to worry about going anyplace really & it's nice & toasty warm in the cabin!   :)  The snow looks really pretty & usually doesn't stay very long...

sparks

Cold. Snowing. But it sounds like my neighbor is out there cleaning my drive again. He got a new snowblower for Christmas and is really getting his ya-ya's by doing all the driveways he can find! Works for me. :)
My vessel is so small....the seas so vast......

fishing_guy

-13F tonight.  I think I'll start work late tomorrow and let  it warm to 0F. :(
A bad day of fishing beats a good day at work any day, but building something with your own hands beats anything.

glenn kangiser

About 6 inches of snow currently with more through tonight. Currently 32.5 out.  I'm a 'mericun - I don't do Celsius. :)

ScottA

Currently 10 F I'm cold. BURRRRRRR!

Willy

No snow today, sunny out and 4 degs last night 6 degs right now. Nippy out but no wind to deal with which is nice. Mark

Homegrown Tomatoes

Here's our weather report for the day thus far:  DD ran downstairs before me this morning and pulled up the blind to see the thermometer outside and she yelled, "Hey Mom!  Guess what?  It's almost all the way up to zero right now!!!"  Brrrr.  And we're out of coffee.  See, we need to live in a warmer climate so I can give up my coffee addiction... it is all about a warm cup to keep your hands from freezing.

Willy

Quote from: glenn kangiser on January 24, 2008, 09:39:51 AM
About 6 inches of snow currently with more through tonight. Currently 32.5 out.  I'm a 'mericun - I don't do Celsius. :)
SNOW?? I thought you lived in Sunny California? You know that place they are allways wearing tiny bathing suits at the beach. Mark

glenn kangiser

We are near Yosemite at 3000 feet so we get a couple a year.

Yup -- you got the place right, Mark.  That's what we do here.  Would you like me to post a pix of me in my Speedo swim trunks? hmm rofl