New VP

Started by glenn kangiser, June 14, 2008, 08:17:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StinkerBell

Quote from: glenn kangiser on September 01, 2008, 11:55:19 PM
With what she knew about him it could have been a conflict of interest to let him stay also - nepotism?

Darn if she did darn if she didn't. no win situation. BUt the guy was a big butt and probably felt empowered because who his SIL and felt he was beyond the law. He tasered his own child.

glenn kangiser

Now that is one brave courageous cop for you.  I wasn't aware of that.

Now I know he deserved to get fired but should have also been incarcerated and tasered.  Taser deaths are on the rise -- someone should do it to him.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

benevolance

I think that he is actually facing charges or being investigated for the alleged taser incident.Which is what is supposed to happen...

Like it or not we have to follow the legal system even if it is flawed...We cannot use our power or influence to punish others even if they are mean, angry or evil... I know we are not used to seeing any morals in our leaders and politicians...But those who would lead should be held to an even higher standard morally.

It is a clear abuse of power to use your office and standing to have someone removed because they are having relationship problems with your sister.

And yeah I know that asking for leaders that follow the rules and the law and use morality means that 99.9% of all of the people out there running for some form of office are worthless...But we have to call a duck a duck...

glenn kangiser

Possibly it was because of the kind of person he was and things he was doing and not because of the sister.  Hopefully she will use some of her power, scruples  and morals  to help right the illegal signing orders and destruction of the Constitution wrought by Dubya.  Seems she has a sense of right and wrong.  More than any of them currently holding office have.

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Mad Dog

I've got it on first hand information, that NO ONE that works in the emergency room at the local hospital here in the Valley, want that cop in there.  He is an arrogant, abusive, prick.

Whether she is using the office to  further an agenda, who knows.  I do know that Monegan, the guy she let go, serves at the "pleasure" of the Governor.  She hired him, she can fire him. I think it comes down to the "blue wall".  Most cops are going to cover the other cops asses.  So although this trooper should probably have been fired, he still has a job.
I refuse to tiptoe through life, only to arrive safely at death.

Squirl

McCain is not the only one to have children in the Military.  Biden's son is being deployed to Iraq too. 
It seems that the SHTF with the background checking.  The big news that I see people focusing on is the Alaska Independence Party.  Did Palin really speak at the 2007 convention?  Is the platform of that party really to have Alaska as a separate nation or territory?  Many people on here are homesteaders in Alaska.  Can you help me understand, is this a widely held view in that state?

StinkerBell

Squirl,

For many many years there has always been talk and some would say hope for Alaska to succeed from the rest of the US.
YOu kinda have to live in Alaska to understand it.  You also need to get separate insurance on your car in case a moose sits on it and do not forget when you come in, especially on the ALCAN you need to exchange your money.

Daddymem

I don't live there now but I went to school in Fairbanks  in '92 and hung out with a local (he was my roomie) off campus in Wasilla.  Succession came up a lot in conversations, both young and old crowds.  Then again so did MTF, even watched a moose shaped bowl cleaned out by an old timer in the middle of a family party...weird (if you don't know what that all means, you don't need to, but if you do  ;)).  But then again this was where I had a spaghetti dinner at 7:00 AM because that is when they eat dinner-it was the only time of the day the family could all be together.
Où sont passées toutes nos nuits de rêve?
Aide-moi à les retrouver.
" I'm an engineer Cap'n, not a miracle worker"

http://littlehouseonthesandpit.wordpress.com/

Squirl

Stinkerbell. 
I did not know this about Alaska.  This is very disturbing to me.  This election seems to be as much about the VP as the President.  McCain has recurring cancer/health/age issues and Obama has many people out to get him (Denver morons plot). There is an equal chance that either may not be able to serve a full term. If this is a widely held view that she supports, it is unsettling that she would want to be president of a country that she believed Alaska should secede from. I live in PA.  In many parts of this country  that had to deal with the past of the civil war, the word secession is unpatriotic.

ScottA

If the government was run according to the constitution no state would talk of secession. As it stands now I can't really blame the people in Alaska for talking about it. I don't think it will ever happen though.

glenn kangiser

Many people are on the verge of wanting the USA to change it's course.  If that is part of the reason she is trying to get in and can do something to fix the rudder of The USS USA, then mpre power to her.  If it will be business as usual then I don't want her or anyone else.  

Well ..... OK ... She can stay but the rest have to go....

...and Scott, I agree with you 100%

Redoverfarm

I don't really think secession has anything to do with patriotism.  I think it comes about by being abandoned or the feel of abandonment by your government.  Not getting the support, money that the state needs.  Maybe they feel that they can do better off on their own. With the truth known they probably can.

Maybe if she can shake all the adverse publicity and actually get into a position to help she very well could change her view on that issue.  It's a womens perogative isn't it.

glenn kangiser

Hawaii -also claims it was never legally made a state and many there want out.  I don't blame any of them.

ScottA

Hawaii was conquered fair and square. Remember the rule- He with the most guns gets to pick the flag.

glenn kangiser

Someone forgot to tell the natives that...

Mad Dog

Quote from: StinkerBell on September 02, 2008, 03:35:04 PM
Squirl,

For many many years there has always been talk and some would say hope for Alaska to succeed from the rest of the US.
YOu kinda have to live in Alaska to understand it.  You also need to get separate insurance on your car in case a moose sits on it and do not forget when you come in, especially on the ALCAN you need to exchange your money.

Funny/Sad thing about the money.  I was in the local gas station in Tok one day after crossing back in from Canada, and there was a guy in there that asked if we took Canadian money, American money, or Alaskan money.  Funny but pathetic the ignorance of some people.  Told him Alaska was the 49th state in the union.....he quickly paid and took off after that. d* ;D

glenn kangiser

So you mean, American  money is OK then? hmm rofl

Mad Dog

Quote from: glenn kangiser on September 02, 2008, 04:41:19 PM
So you mean, American  money is OK then? hmm rofl

..or traveler's checks if you have 'em. [slap] rofl rofl

glenn kangiser

I can hardly wait until it's gold only....wish I had some...

gandalfthegrey

Speaking of gold.  Do you remember when the cuuancy stated payable in Gold or payable in Silver????

Now it is payable in "basemetal"...    I tested this on a "copper penney". I touched my torch to ia and it------ Disappeared   ???
Bad Wolf

peternap

Quote from: gandalfthegrey on September 02, 2008, 05:39:36 PM
Speaking of gold.  Do you remember when the cuuancy stated payable in Gold or payable in Silver????

Now it is payable in "basemetal"...    I tested this on a "copper penney". I touched my torch to ia and it------ Disappeared   ???

You don't understand high finance.

A penny is really worth a quarter....but onlt after drilling a hole in it and using it as a crush washer! ???
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

StinkerBell

Squirl,

What's your position on Guam and Puerto Rico?

benevolance

After the war of the Northern Aggression did they not amend the original constitution making it illegal to suceed?

StinkerBell

Well if that is fact benevolance it wont stop people from talking or hoping about it heh
Heck I talk about declaring war on the USA all the time. I plan to let them win then demand that they pay me back and rebuild upgrade my home.

desdawg

If that happens they may want to rebuild Glenn's above ground Stink.
I was trying to watch the convention but they won't get the show on the road. I guess if the weather is bad in New Orleans you can't have a meeting in Minneapolis.  ??? I am tired of hearing all of the speculation about what it may be like. Let's get on with it. Bush seems to be ostrasized and isn't going to show up even in Texas.
I might consider voting for Palin if she could get rid of McCain. He is really going to drag her down. But then again I might vote for Biden if he could just get rid of Obama. Truth is I don't want more of the same. I want change. The lines between the choices are getting fuzzy. The Democrats were preaching change. Now Sarah is supposed to represent change. Two mules for sister Sarah. She already has one and he invited her to the party so I suppose he has to stay. I just want to hear the lady speak to some issues.
I have done so much with so little for so long that today I can do almost anything with absolutely nothing.