I'll keep the pics coming and try to bring you all up to speed.
The "thermal break" between the heated slab and the exterior porches. Later, 2" rigid insulation slid in this gap.
My water level. I didn't use any fancy transits or lasers or whatever. This cost about $2 (food-coloring included) and was very reliable. My concrete contractor didn't trust it so he set up his laser transit and I was within 1/4" all the way around. I actually trust the water level more.
This is the FPSF in action. Notice how the snow didn't melt above the perimeter insulation conserving geo-thermal energy below my slab pretecting it from frost heave damage. Pretty cool eh?
I raised my walls solo with the help of a single wall-jack. Notice the "runaway" chain to prevent the wall from ending up in my yard.
Wall #3 going up.
Notching for the 2x10 band-joist.
One of my best purchases was a few lengths of chain and a handful of turnbuckles I found in a junk shop. I used these A LOT!
The rainiest June and July in recorded Maine history - I sure can pick em'.
Using logs to position the beams.
The first beam going in place (the 6x12). I used a block-n-tackle to raise all of my beams solo.
This was actually a lot of fun (but also a little dangerous - I had to stay on my toes)
Dropping a beam into the Simpson Huc hangers (concealed flange).
A local yard milled these hemlock beams for me.
I used the wall jack on really stubborn boards.
Two coats of Polyurethane were applied BEFORE the boards were put in place.
The bedroom addition has a small sleeping loft above.
Natural white cedar posts used on the front and back porches.
I had some cedars left over so I made this entrance gate.