Multi-phased 1 1/2 story home project in Austin, TX

Started by phalynx, February 11, 2007, 10:20:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phalynx

I thought I had pictures of the closet.  Let me check.  If I take a pic now, I may end up showing my "laundry"  :)

phalynx

I can't find the picture.  I'll get the wife to approve a picture of it and post one.  The one thing I wanted in our design was to make sure we didn't have a mortgage.  So cash as we go.  Building small is perfect for that.  You don't have to stay small.  You can expand as you want.  We are.  Wait until I start my new gameroom.  d*  It's been approved by management....  I can see it now "Scott's Bar" in big neon lights!  Not bad for living in the country!

phalynx

Next phase is beginning.  It ha grown a little bit since my original plan.  I have added a few more features since this will probably be the last building we build on here....... well, maybe not..   Man cave, wine cellar, walk in humidor, wet bar with the new kegerator, 1/2 bathroom, and it will be built as a home recording studio.  We will be connecting it to the "candle house", the first cabin we built on this place.

Part 1, trees were cut.

glenn kangiser

hmm No dog house?

Where will you sleep when you get into trouble?
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

phalynx

It will have 2 sofas and 2 la-z-boys.  I think she'll be comfortable out there...  :)

PA-Builder

Quote from: glenn kangiser on September 30, 2009, 01:22:50 AM
hmm No dog house?

Speaking about dog houses . . . Where are you at 2:20 AM ???    ;)

phalynx

Glenn,,,,  I need something else to build....  :(  I decided not to build the full man cave...  But I need something to build..

Redoverfarm

phalynx

I don't think the sand will work for that.  Maybe a nice large tree house?  I would love to build a fire tower or similar.  If I could build above the trees, the views would be awesome.

glenn kangiser

Quote from: PA-Builder on September 30, 2009, 01:20:49 PM
hmm No dog house?

Not in PA... :)

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

glenn kangiser

Quote from: phalynx on December 07, 2009, 11:11:53 PM
I don't think the sand will work for that.  Maybe a nice large tree house?  I would love to build a fire tower or similar.  If I could build above the trees, the views would be awesome.

OK, but it must have a fire pole... I have always wanted one of those.

phalynx

Quote from: glenn kangiser on December 07, 2009, 11:33:32 PM
hmm No dog house?

This must be a new forum record on the slowest response to a joke..... 2+ months.

Quote from: glenn kangiser on December 07, 2009, 11:36:16 PM
Quote from: phalynx on December 07, 2009, 11:11:53 PM

OK, but it must have a fire pole... I have always wanted one of those.
The screeching noise from sliding down a 50' pole would be horrible.  I don't think anyone has heard that noise since the last time Cher put on her stage costume.

PA-Builder

Quote from: glenn kangiser on December 07, 2009, 11:33:32 PM
hmm No dog house?

I know you are busy Glenn...but two months and eight days for a reply...geesh ! ! ! :o

glenn kangiser

phalynx, give me a break, it's cold here...  ???

Sorry, PA, Sometimes a witty reply doesn't come to me right away... [waiting]

glenn kangiser

QuoteThe screeching noise from sliding down a 50' pole would be horrible.  I don't think anyone has heard that noise since the last time Cher put on her stage costume.

You are not supposed to slide down it naked.... [scared]

phalynx

Are you sure?  Why do women line up to buy those firemen calendars??  I can't imagine they like the trendy coats.....   d*  Ladies, meet Jose and Jos-b.

glenn kangiser

.....must restrain myself.......do not type that.....erase that.... what will I type..... hmm   ... uh....

Lining up to buy the fireman calendars.... I'm sure they are hoping that I have joined the strike team.... [waiting]

phalynx

What do you do when you have a large shop but not enough tools to fill it up and you have a need to start writing music again?  Well, you put up a new wall and build the next project.  Project 137 almost complete......  All custom built.

glenn kangiser

Crimoney... phalynx the rocket scientist.  

I wonder if I li'l bit gets to push your buttons? hmm

phalynx

I had to stop working on that project to work on my Christmas display project.  I decided to put a computerized light show in the middle of no where......  Why not?  

Here are my girls contemplating 1/2 mile of wire and 192 connections for the display.

Here is 16,000 lights spread all over the place with a 28' giant tree of lights in the middle.

I think I figured out that I am A D D and A D H D..  At least I know I am not nuts.  d*

Redoverfarm

You will of course show us the final project.  I hate it when I watch half of a movie and never get to see the ending. ;D

I wouldn't be so sure about the "being nuts".  I see a five string hanging on the wall.   ;)

OkieJohn2

Hmmmm, those aren't upside down tomato cages turned into Christmas trees are they? 
The problem with foolproof devices is that they fail to take into account the ingenuity of fools

phalynx

Why yes, yes they are.  Cheap Chinese tomato cages with 600 lights on each that are very top heavy and fall over in the wind...

MountainDon

Wow!! Nice setup. I get conused wgen there's more than a half dozen sliders.   :-[ :-[

I'm looking forward to seeing the lights.  :D
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

phalynx