Anything for a little excitement

Started by peternap, August 29, 2010, 06:02:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peternap

Photographers take pictures all the time. When it's really slow, we set up the tripod and video ourselves taking chances because we're in a hurry to get back to work.
http://vimeo.com/14530937
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

Redoverfarm

Been there and done that Don.  Then I looked at the 3 pt hitch and said raise it up you dummy and put a block under the end next to the tractor to prevent it from dropping. It gave me more room to change and sharpen the blades too.  Lucky you was able to roll out from under it.  

peternap

Quote from: Redoverfarm on August 29, 2010, 07:24:22 PM
Benn there and done that Don.  Then I looked at the 3 pt hitch and said raise it up you dummy and put a block under the end next to the tractor to prevent it from dropping. It gave me more room to change and sharpen the blades too.  Lucky you was able to roll out from under it. 

Actually, I had raised it on the hitch John. I was replacing the stump ju,per and it took a couple of hours to get the old hub (The old one had rung itself off) off and muscle the new one up. In the meantime the hitched had settled down.

The little jack was just a safety measure and I had no idea the 3Pt had dropped. ???
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

Redoverfarm

Yeah it seems that most will drift down.  I have a couple 6X6 blocks laying around that I stick under about everything.  My front bucket will drift down faster than the 3 pt hitch.  If I ever get the time and can do without it I will have the valve rebuilt .  Hopefully before winter if I can catch a break being without it.

bayview

I'd say you were pretty lucky . . .    How many of your nine lives do you have left?

/.
    . . . said the focus was safety, not filling town coffers with permit money . . .