tomorrow's the day

Started by Homegrown Tomatoes, February 23, 2009, 10:35:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Homegrown Tomatoes

Lord willing, we're supposed to close on the new place at 2 PM tomorrow.  Still waiting on the HUD statement from the title company to see that it is really going to happen on time.  Pretty much everything we own is in boxes filling up the house.  Walk thru is this evening.  Still kind of in a state of disbelief. Got my hopes up too high on the other two places we made offers on only to have them bought out from under us, and this time haven't really even dared to hope too much and it looks like it is going to happen after all.

peternap

I've got that "It's a GO" gut feeling.

Good Luck!
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

Terry

Good luck! Hope everything works out well with the closing.  :)
Terry

Born Free - Taxed To Death

StinkerBell

I am excited for you and have to live vicariously through you.

Homegrown Tomatoes

Thanks, y'all.  Stink, maybe I need to have my kids start praying that your house will sell?  They prayed faithfully for ours to sell for ten months and never gave up (I can learn a lot from my kids sometimes!)  My oldest made a sign that she hung up on the bulletin board that said "God will sell the haws (sic)"  Of course, after the house sold, I kept it, and am actually thinking of framing it.   :) 

We're having issues with the closing company and the bank not getting their ducks in a row and getting the closing docs together like they should.  At this point, we're not 100% sure we'll close when we were supposed to, but I am still really hopeful.  My realtor just got the HUD, but it had some incorrect numbers on it.  They're trying to get it all corrected and get it back to me so that we can submit it to DH's company (hopefully) in time for them to cut the check to pay inspection fees and closing costs. d* d* d*

southernsis

Homegrown, go over the HUD statement with a fine tooth comb. There may be more mistakes, if there are some that have shown up. Good luck, I hope everything goes good for you on your closing.
Don't worry about the horse being blind, just load the wagon.

ScottA

Good luck HT. Hope it comes together for y'all.

Homegrown Tomatoes

Wells Fargo is never getting my business again.   >:(  They screwed up stuff again and now we have to put off the closing until Thursday.  They wait until less than 24 hours until closing to tell us that they need 10% down (when as recently as this morning they told me that "for sure" only 5% was required) after sending all the HUD statements etc, saying that we only had to put 5% down, thus rendering all the paperwork useless and we have to start over from scratch.  NOT because we didn't do what we were supposed to do, but because they didn't read the entire appraisal where the property was noted to be "rural" and "less than 25% developed"... doesn't matter that the market is strong and balanced there.  Doesn't matter that we've made our payments on time to them for more than 8 years.  Doesn't matter that our credit is good.  Closing on Thursday will leave us only Thursday afternoon and Friday to get all our stuff moved.  It also wipes out the helpers we had lined out.  Those who took off work can't get off on either of those days, so it'll be up to me and DH to move everything.  One of my cousins can help out for a while on Thursday evening, but it really messed up our plans. We have to be out before 5PM Friday so that the owners of the property we're living in can do their final walk-through with us. ::)  Oh well.  Should've known things were going too smoothly.

southernsis

Sorry for the mess, hopefully everything will go smoothly now.

Homegrown Tomatoes

Hope so too... kind of disgusted with the whole thing.  It isn't a matter of us not having the money to do it.  It is that they had to redo all the statements and we had to re-submit them to the company.

StinkerBell

I would complain. not sure to who. But with the economy being the way it is, the bank should not be acting like this. They should be working for your business. If I was the manager and had a complaint I would cut some of the fees (A few 100 dollars) but if this not the first complaint  with the loan officer I would fire him/her.

Homegrown Tomatoes

???  Isn't that what I'm doing?  Bellyaching?

StinkerBell

Umm, yes, but you need to complain to whoever is in charge. If you have to complain to the regional manager.

glenn kangiser

Quote from: StinkerBell on February 23, 2009, 12:42:41 PM
I am excited for you and have to live vicariously through you.

You probably wouldn't want to do that through me... [waiting]
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Homegrown Tomatoes

Quote from: StinkerBell on February 23, 2009, 09:48:39 PM
Umm, yes, but you need to complain to whoever is in charge. If you have to complain to the regional manager.
Yep, God's getting an earful!

Homegrown Tomatoes

southernsis

Good Luck with the closing.

fishing_guy

A bad day of fishing beats a good day at work any day, but building something with your own hands beats anything.

Homegrown Tomatoes

Yay!  It's done!! ;D  We're off to deliver a load and have to be back before 5PM when our help shows up (it is almost 2 now, and it is almost 30 minutes one way!)

muldoon

southernsis

I am so happy for you. Have fun. Wish I was closer to help you move. :)

Sassy

http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

StinkerBell

apaknad

HGT-HGT-HGT-YAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
unless we recognize who's really in charge, things aren't going to get better.

Terry

I'm excited for you. Congratulations!  ;D
Terry

Born Free - Taxed To Death