Author Topic: Dogtrot at Hightop  (Read 600294 times)

Offline Serviceprinter

• Welcome to the CP-Forum
Re: Dogtrot at Hightop
« Reply #1325 on: July 19, 2019, 09:09:06 PM »
Awesome information.The small cabin is civil war era and it had 10,000 carpet tacks probably older than me that I removed from the inside.  A strange thing.  The gentleman that drilled my water well was the grandson of one of the owners that purchased it around 1890 and it was already erected when it bought it.I have to pour a concrete cap at the floor level to continue on up through the first floor and up to the roof.It's very interesting and informative posting. I want to make a set of forks for it someday too.I will share in this post. Thank you.

Offline Redoverfarm

• Journeyman
  • Applachian Mtns, West Virginia
« Reply #1326 on: September 01, 2019, 02:55:41 PM »
Generac fails again.  Well after the newly acquired 15KW as a replacement they had to replace 1st a motor and secondly a stator.  That was with a 120 hours of operation.  Since that time nearly 2 years had passed when it malfunctioned again with 620 hours of operation.  The technician narrowed the fault to a defective Stator ( again).  When the technician contacted the company they refused to back the parts.  Given the history I contacted the resolution department.  I am awaiting their decision on whether they are going to replace the defective part.  This is getting old.  This is the third generator, two replacement motors and two stators to date.  If I have to cover the replacement stator ( $2,000 ) I am undecided to stay with Generac or scrap what I have and go with another company.  Yes they have covered everything to date but who is to say that If they replace the defective part that it too will be defective and I will be left with the same problem ( Given the history to date) and the warranty will have expired.

Does anyone have a Generac Eco-Gen either 6kw or 15kw that they are using and have you had problems with their operation?

Offline MountainDon

• Administrator
  • Journeyman
  • Jemez Mountains, NM; that's pronounced HEY-mess
    • My 15.75 x 30 Jemez Cabin
« Reply #1327 on: September 01, 2019, 04:14:25 PM »
Dang it. That is bad news.
I believe Oldjarhead has one of those. Maybe PM him?

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn’t mean it is good design.

Offline Mike 870

• 50 Acres & a Cabin
« Reply #1328 on: September 02, 2019, 04:42:06 AM »
If you decide to go a different direction I have a Honda tri fuel EU6500 IS that I am thinking of getting rid of.  It has around 150 hours and has been pretty flawless.  Its just too big and heavy for my needs, better suited to stationary duty.  I'm probably not too far from you. 

Offline Redoverfarm

• Journeyman
  • Applachian Mtns, West Virginia
« Reply #1329 on: November 10, 2019, 07:30:30 AM »
Well I am up and running again.  New Stator and AVR (Automatic Voltage Regulator) replaced.  How long will this last?  Being optimistic I hope for some time but given the track record of Generac and the Eco-Gen model it hasn’t been that good as far as reliability.  I started with a 6kw which after a replacement and a additional motor was upgraded to a 15 kw by them in a replacement given the trouble I have had.  Up to this point everything has been covered by them under warranty but the inconvenience of being without power intermittently since 2011.  There has had to be a design error for them to replace generators , motors and stators but they are reluctant to divulge any specific problem.

Offline MountainDon

• Administrator
  • Journeyman
  • Jemez Mountains, NM; that's pronounced HEY-mess
    • My 15.75 x 30 Jemez Cabin
« Reply #1330 on: November 10, 2019, 09:31:31 AM »
It is a sad story of product failure but a good story of them taking responsibility. I hope all goes well from here on.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn’t mean it is good design.

Templates: 5: index (default), Ads (default), Portal (default), Display (default), GenericControls (default).
Sub templates: 12: init, html_above, adsheaders_above, body_above, adsindex_above, portal_above, main, portal_below, adsindex_below, body_below, adsheaders_below, html_below.
Language files: 3: SPortal.english (default), index+Modifications.english (default), Ads.english (default).
Style sheets: 1: portal (default).
Files included: 38 - 1124KB. (show)
Cache hits: 12: 0.00214s for 40,795 bytes (show)
Queries used: 29.

[Show Queries]