Author Topic: Garage Apartment at Redoverfarm  (Read 71236 times)

Offline Redoverfarm

• Journeyman
  • Applachian Mtns, West Virginia
Re: Garage Apartment at Redoverfarm
« Reply #125 on: February 09, 2017, 12:49:07 PM »
Still not back on track with the apartment but I am making good headway with the job.  Finally have a good solid crew after firing and hiring workers.  A full compliment of ten people.  The weekly hours have also increased to 40 hours from the previous 35 hours for the crew.  Here is a sample of what we have done. You don't realize just how bad the streams are until you start looking around.  No shortage of work.

This is a State Park where we cleared 3.5 miles of streams.  It took 13 days and ended up with 37 burn piles.

Another stream.  This photograph is the before & after of a jam that was down stream of an abandoned nursery.  It had about 400 feet of 2" irrigation pipe and plastic greenhouse plastic tangled in the logs and rubbish. The stream is about 2-1/2 miles and we ended up with approximately 66 burn piles which we will return and burn later.

Offline Shadow

« Reply #126 on: February 09, 2017, 04:24:55 PM »
I appreciate the work and the pictures. Handsome area.

Offline MountainDon

• Administrator
  • Journeyman
  • Jemez Mountains, NM; that's pronounced HEY-mess
    • My 15.75 x 30 Jemez Cabin
« Reply #127 on: February 09, 2017, 05:08:21 PM »
work,John.  The next time it rains hard there should be many thankful folks.

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn’t mean it is good design.

Offline Redoverfarm

• Journeyman
« Reply #128 on: February 10, 2017, 10:38:07 AM »
Not sure what will happen Don but it will definitely be a plus in that there will not be any log dams to inhibit the water from flowing better.  To say nothing about the reoccurring trash that navigates with the water.  Almost all of the streams need addressed by heavy equipment but that is almost a bad word with officials that govern them.  The pictures I posted are just a very small fraction of what we have encountered.

They are a dedicated bunch.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 11:00:24 AM by Redoverfarm »

Offline NathanS

• NY Mountains
« Reply #129 on: February 10, 2017, 11:19:21 AM »
Wow some of that water looks like it's really moving. That is some dedication.

Offline Redoverfarm

• Journeyman
« Reply #130 on: July 02, 2017, 06:48:51 AM »
To other members and guest I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the missing images from Garage Apartment at Redoverfarm.  This apparently was a result of the host Photobucket now requiring a monetary compensation to post 3rd party images.  If anyone is interested in an image please E-mail me or send a Private message and I will do my best to send you a direct link to that particular image.  Sorry, Redoverfarm

Offline Redoverfarm

• Journeyman
« Reply #131 on: March 14, 2020, 07:32:47 AM »
[/URL]

Well it seems ages ago that I had posted on this project and even more unbelievable that it has been almost the same amount of time since I worked on it as well.  Anyway after a long pause I have started back. First order of business was heating the apartment.  When I went to turn on the heat low and behold the Mitsubishi system was working.  Long story to short the circuit board was bad. Using a local company tech we got it replaced and it is now working.  The tech said that this system is real sensitive to power surges and spikes and suggested a surge protector. I with the help of another member “ Chuck in Virginia” I found one that works connected to the outside disconnect.  Got it installed the other day.  It is made by Mars and has a $7,500 equipment replacement guarantee.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 07:46:09 AM by Redoverfarm »

Offline MountainDon

• Administrator
  • Journeyman
  • Jemez Mountains, NM; that's pronounced HEY-mess
    • My 15.75 x 30 Jemez Cabin
« Reply #132 on: March 14, 2020, 11:34:12 AM »
 [cool]
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn’t mean it is good design.

Offline Redoverfarm

• Journeyman
« Reply #133 on: March 18, 2020, 03:42:45 PM »
It's a shame.  Went to Lowes today to buy some trim so that I could trim out the windows in the apartment.  I bought a couple 1X4's and when I got home I found the UPC sticker indicating that it was produced in New Zealand.  You would think that the United States in it's abundance of timber could produce a simple 1X4 and do so at price to be competitive with an over seas company.  Guess not.

Templates: 5: index (default), Ads (default), Portal (default), Display (default), GenericControls (default).
Sub templates: 12: init, html_above, adsheaders_above, body_above, adsindex_above, portal_above, main, portal_below, adsindex_below, body_below, adsheaders_below, html_below.
Language files: 3: SPortal.english (default), index+Modifications.english (default), Ads.english (default).
Style sheets: 1: portal (default).
Files included: 38 - 1124KB. (show)
Cache hits: 14: 0.00224s for 40,801 bytes (show)
Queries used: 30.

[Show Queries]