PASLODE CF325 CORDLESS FRAMIN NAILER

Started by ColchesterCabin, May 14, 2012, 06:44:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ColchesterCabin

This weekend I am moving into the start of the adding wood phase.. I am looking at a Paslode CF325 Cordless Framining Nailer and I was wondering if there was anyone out there on the forum who has one, and what their thoughts were? Feel free want to hear the good bad and ugly..  One of the positivies is it is gas powered needed no air compresser or generator to operate. Agin please let me know what you think........
Visit my thread would love to have your input http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=12139.0
Feel free to visit my Photobuckect album of all pictures related to this build http://s1156.photobucket.com/albums/p566/ColchesterCabin/

Rob_O

I have a Paslode framing nailer, not sure what model but they all look about the same. Beats the hell out of using a hammer!

The gas cartridges and batteries are expensive, keep spares around as they seem to run out at inopportune times - I have both 12V and 120V adapters for the battery charger just in case. Mine is old and misfires every so often, they sell a "tune-up" kit and I think my nailer needs one

That's all I got, hope it helps
"Hey Y'all, watch this..."

flyingvan

I had one for the first house I built but switched to a regular air nailer.  It was finicky.  It didn't like the altitude.  The butane cartridges go stale if you don't use them in time.  On the plus side they don't 'double-tap' like a air gun, they are very durable and light, and no hose to worry about.
Find what you love and let it kill you.

MountainDon

There are pluses and minuses as some have mentioned.

For me the altitude limitation makes them largely unusable; home is 5500 feet and the cabin 8800.

I already own two compressors but not having to rely on one or trail a hose would be nice.

I don't like being locked into their fuel. It's bad enough that I usually buy my manufacturers nails, as I find them more dependable than cheap imports.

As for the no generator needed either... again I already had one and it's an inverter generator so it idles along quietly when the compressor doesn't need to run.

Not fair using the compressor and generator factors I know....

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

BADB0Y

I have had both, and as MD said, there's good and bad with both. For me, I love not dragging hose arounX.. I use regular nails and buy fuel separate. The combo pack is a ripoff unless you find it on sale. This is a good time to buy one though, as the new one with the lithium ion battery just came out. I got my second one for $150 on clearance.
Please excuse my typos, I post from my cell phone 90% of the time!

ColchesterCabin

Very interesting.. thanks guys. Often when you go to a manufacturer's website you only get the good so I thought I would try to get some answers. I have a generator and a compresser and a framing nailer but was looking at the flexibility of no hose like you guys mention.
Visit my thread would love to have your input http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=12139.0
Feel free to visit my Photobuckect album of all pictures related to this build http://s1156.photobucket.com/albums/p566/ColchesterCabin/

flyingvan

My new favorite tool is the palm nailer so I won't be building without a compressor any more anyway.  If It's a critical area (like window trim) I set the framing nailer to under-drive then switch to the palm nailer to get the nails flush.    With all the Simpson A-35's I had to install with tyco's, that palm nailer was worth its weight in gold. 
Find what you love and let it kill you.

BADB0Y

Quote from: flyingvan on May 15, 2012, 07:36:09 AM
My new favorite tool is the palm nailer so I won't be building without a compressor any more anyway.  If It's a critical area (like window trim) I set the framing nailer to under-drive then switch to the palm nailer to get the nails flush.    With all the Simpson A-35's I had to install with tyco's, that palm nailer was worth its weight in gold.

I love my palm nailer too.... But it's a Milwaukee M12 cordless.. LoL
Please excuse my typos, I post from my cell phone 90% of the time!

jackel440

I have built my whole cabin with my Paslode framer.I love it and would not get rid of it.I have 2 Bostitch air framers and hardly ever use them anymore.I hate dragging a hose around.
I have had issues were it didn't fire a few times correctly,but for not having the headaches of compressors,generators,and hoses I think its no big deal.I don't know about the altitude issues.
I get a twin pack of fuel for $15 and nails run a little over $50 a box.They say you should get 1K nails out of a cylinder ,but I get probably around 700 or so.I sometimes activate the gun but don't pull the trigger so I am sure I waste gas.I don't frame for a living so no big deal.
I have been thinking of buying the trim nailer to use at the cabin instead of taking out a compressor and my bostitch to do the interior of the cabin when the time comes.

BAdams

I just got the CF325Li two weeks ago. I looked at hundreds of reviews and videos on it before I paid the $$$. So far it has performed perfectly. My brother has had one of the original paslodes for years and loves it. I built most of a 24x32 deck with mine last week and had no problems with it.
The nails do seem expensive but the new 1000 nail kits come with a gas cartridge that's guaranteed to shoot 1200 nails and works with the older nailers.
The battery will shoot 6000 nails per charge.
i have put about 3000 nails through it so far and it is definately at the top of my favorite toy tool list ;D

considerations

I've used both Paslode and nailers dependent upon a compressor.  Sometimes when framing, a Paslode seems slow, like it won't fire when I'm ready.  Then again, the compressor dependents do sometimes double fire.  I ended up with a Hitachi and am happy. I already had the compressor and didn't care for the idea of having to constantly purchase the Paslode cartridges.