Fauxtos

Started by Gary O, August 23, 2011, 09:55:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary O

fauxto of the evening
I'm enjoying all that I own, the moment.

"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air." Emerson

Gary O

Gary O

Quote from: Gary O on January 20, 2012, 08:08:11 PM
Well, that's two out of approx 70 usual people that reply, and both are from this forum.....
Funny, Geronimo has recvd some great replies (27 I think so far, will total Monday), and some disdain, and six that didn't pick up on it at all

OK, of the 63 replies from (I'm gonna say approx 100 viewers, incl 20 or so from this site...this data scientifically gathered from looking up with my hand on my chin) Geronimo took first with 47, and House Hunter came in with 13, leaving the tree with 3.

Thanks for playin'

Gary O'

Oh, one more chicken...almost left out one on the most famous of all

rick91351

I demand a recount.  The tree was clearly the most clever.  And it cleverly pulled my closet hidden tree hugging sentiments.  Clearly was a tree goddess sitting on the throne.  In fact I have loosened up a lot on my view and vote.  I find my inter-feelings normally very loving and peaceful now wants to choose the M1 Abrams with the big blue cooler and blow something up.  Fact is I might have just kicked the stupid Indian out of the plane myself.  He did not jump someone pushed him.   Okay?  Lots of stuff goes on in this little old world you know with pushy people........I'm taking a 'lude' and going back to bed and getting in touch with my in'erself.     

Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

Gary O

note to self; take Rick on next fishing trip
BUT NOT NEAR ANY CLIFFS!

other note: more happy fauxtos

rick91351

Gary; the fish heads are freaky.
Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

Gary O

............didn't mean for 'em to be.
Ya'know, ever time I take a fish (I have yet to put back a trophy that wasn't foul hooked), I look down and consider it's expression....and it's always the same..... mouth open, eye's wide, like 'I can't believe I fell for that roostertail!!'....or, 'That little bug just kicked my arse and tossed me outta the water'!

Yeah, I'm a barbarian, but damn, catch and release has never made sense to me.....I'm there to get...cook.....eat.
The breeze carrying the musky wafts of mud and reeds, mixed with sweet mountain air, the stream pulsing on yer shins, the trees breaking the warm rays of ol sol, feeling the cold and warmth of nature against yer skin all at once, all being side benefits....... but  great ones, ones to reflect on years after.

Great, now I'm getting' the fever.........

MushCreek

My BIL constantly preaches to me about catch-and-release, but then goes deer hunting every fall.  I asked him how you catch-and-release a deer you've just shot....
Jay

I'm not poor- I'm financially underpowered.

rick91351

Speaking of fishing I stopped by Sportsmans Warehouse here and bought a couple light action stream Fenwick poles and a couple Pflueger not ultra light but smallish reals for them.

You sound like my dad and his take on catch and release.  "You all do what you want.  Me, I'm here to catch'em."  He had the worst time with those sportsman's shows where they were hauling in all these fish and nothing hit the pan.

Couple years ago Ellen got me a wonderful fly rod.  I confess I never have tossed a fly with it or my old one in several years prior to that.  Between work at railroad and work at the ranch it was just hard to get away.  Period.  However this year I have resolved they shall tremble at my name once again.  Brookies and Rainbows shall swim, darting in a panic here and there.  Looking for cover and hiding to no avail.  They once again will be telling chilling legends, folklore, myths, rumors, and misinformation of my skill.  Be it with simple worm, rooster tail, or mepps.  Or well presented Adams or Yellow Humpy, a Black Stone or a Bumble Bee. The fish will once again marvel.  Oh Yes they again will line up mesmerized waiting.  Oh yes waiting for a chance to grace my hook.  Yet I offer no promise of release just that I will catch.  Oh you that grace these waters come so willingly for the catch.....  We shall see about release.  For I too am more like my father.  "You all do what you want.  Me, I'm here to catch'em."   

I also because of my pity I show these slime rockets have resolved to take up reloading.  Not that I want to shoot them!  No!  NO!  I want to give them a break.  That was my retirement gift to myself a new reloading press, scale and powder dump.  I have been buying up bass and bullets for some time.   This northerner with the trapped cajun soul is going to have a real butchery this fall. 

Gary O

Quote from: MushCreek on January 23, 2012, 04:16:21 PM
My BIL constantly preaches to me about catch-and-release, but then goes deer hunting every fall.  I asked him how you catch-and-release a deer you've just shot....
Whoa, thanx for the ammunition MC

Gary O

Quote from: rick91351 on January 23, 2012, 05:14:07 PM
.....This northerner with the trapped cajun soul is going to have a real butchery this fall.

I'm thinkin' you have the fever, Rick.
Only one cure...borax.

Gary O

fauxto of the evening

Gary O

Gary O

fauxto of the evening

Gary O

MushCreek

That's a dead ringer for Steven Tyler on American Idol last night.....
Jay

I'm not poor- I'm financially underpowered.

Gary O

fauxto of the evening

Gary O

Quote from: MushCreek on January 25, 2012, 04:29:16 PM
That's a dead ringer for Steven Tyler on American Idol last night.....

Now that you mention it, yeah.

I thought Donald Sutherland when I first saw it.....

Kelly's Heroes

Gary O

Gary O

fauxto of the evening

Gary O

Gary O

fauxto of the evening

Gary O

Gary O

fauxto of the evening

rick91351

I bet someone got an inattentive driving ticket or his /her estate did!