Saturday will make history..I hope

Started by peternap, October 15, 2009, 07:37:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peternap

The big political event on Saturday  (One of the thing interrupting my hunting >:( ) Looks like it will be as big as I'd hoped.
A little background

Every year the Republican party has a BIG event called the Republican Roundup. It's really a fundraiser for Eric Cantor.
The Goochland district chooses the location and for some reason Cobb can't really explain, they choose Innsbrook.
Innsbrook is openly antigun and since it's private property, we can't carry a gun. Basically a slap in the face.

We warned Linwood Cobb that selecting Innsbrook again would trigger a protest, a large one.
A a lobbyist, I especially feel slighted and so does the President of VCDL, who organized the protest.

It is going to be very large. The motels are giving large discount to protesters as are restaurants and even shops in the area. National news will be there, and of course Old Virginia.

I've been running ads for weeks and they have escalated this week.

Here are this weeks ads in Old Virginia News, including tomorrows.

These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

StinkerBell

If you personally make it on the news, make sure you blow me a kiss!

Have fun!

Redoverfarm

Peter I have been watching the Va news and it appears that the politcians are going for the throat this year. Especially Deeds & McDonald.  I think every other commercial is one or the other.  Be glad when they "return to our regular programming".   ;D

Virginia Gent

I will be attending this get together. I'll be carrying too. Looks to be a good time, and lets hope Peternap is right and we DO make history.
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
~Thomas Jefferson~

peternap

These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

Virginia Gent

In true political fashion, Philip said they were planning to hold the Roundup there again next year too, ignoring our protest, our wishes, and their constituents. I saw a side of Republicans I hadn't seen before yesterday and thought only Democrats where capable of; I was flipped off twice and drive-by heckled multiple times. Each time we would all shout back, "We'll keep defending your rights anyways! Jesus loves you!"  ;D

It was a good time! It was cold, but was worth it to hear George Washington (Not the REAL one obviously) and Doc Thompson speak, and dinner was great too. I was pleased Capital Ale House was so welcoming. I knew I liked that place for a reason  :D
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
~Thomas Jefferson~

Don_P

QuoteI saw a side of Republicans I hadn't seen before yesterday and thought only Democrats where capable of
Sorta akin to sorting melons and squash into boxes labelled apples and oranges  ;).

peternap

peternap

peternap