Best tool Belt.

Started by schiada, June 18, 2014, 03:27:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

schiada

Thinking about what I will need for building my home. So what is a good tool belt ? I see them all the time but don't know much about them. Ideas !
Thanks,Randy  ???

Redoverfarm

Look around and see if you can find a Cordura tool belt w/suspenders.  Use the pouches to each side rather than in the front only and it will reduce back fatigue.

schiada

Cordura or leather ?
Thanks for the reply.

NavyDave

On my build I found that a good pair of carpenter pants to hold your carpenter pencil and a razor knife in the right side leg pockets and the hammer loop on the left side to hold your hammer is about all you need. Clip your tape measure on your right pocket and add a canvas nail pouch and you are all set. I found that my tool pouch was pretty heavy and makes a long day quite a bit harder.

rick91351

Quote from: NavyDave on June 19, 2014, 08:40:57 PM
On my build I found that a good pair of carpenter pants to hold your carpenter pencil and a razor knife in the right side leg pockets and the hammer loop on the left side to hold your hammer is about all you need. Clip your tape measure on your right pocket and add a canvas nail pouch and you are all set. I found that my tool pouch was pretty heavy and makes a long day quite a bit harder.

Like Navy Dave I just do not like a tool belt any more.  I had a tool belt but the buckle broke.  I had a simple nail pouch in the pickup.  Just a nail pouch with two pockets and a steel hamper loop on and old belt.  I started using it and feel in love with it.  I clip a 25 ft tape on my pocket.  My speed square goes in my left rear pocket of my jeans.  (I'm a south paw!)  Great place for that because I no longer stab myself in my fat gut when I bend over by it something else crammed in to the tool belt.  Pencil goes up between the scalp and the sweatband of my hat or yep between my teeth.  I always faithfully have a leathermans type tool on my belt.  If I see I need a screwdriver or better pliers I just grab them put them in my paints pocket.  I like the screwdrivers that have two different Philips heads and flat.  You usually find them on the counter of the hardware store.  I carry a good bunch of nails in the big pocket of the pouch and utility knife and some wire nuts and what nots and my chalk line in the small pocket.  Really with a little forethought saves a lot of weight and bulk.  I discovered most of the stuff stuffed into my tool belt hardly got used....         
Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

MushCreek

I have a cheap leather tool belt, but don't use it much. I wear overalls, which not only have a lot of pockets and a hammer loop, but they don't fall down! If I need a variety of tools when I'm up on the ladder, I put them in a 5 gallon bucket, which I hang on the ladder with a hook. The only task I used the tool belt for was wiring all of the ceiling stuff. I use quite a few tools doing electrical work, plus parts.
Jay

I'm not poor- I'm financially underpowered.