Darn watch is smarter than I am.

Started by peternap, March 23, 2011, 06:59:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peternap

I lost my old Timex the other day. I guess the pin came out and it fell off and I didn't notice.
To make a long story short, Jane gave me my Fathers Day present early today, a
PAG240-1CR Pathfinder Triple Sensor Multi-Function Sport Watch

I spent the last hour reading a manual the size of War and Peace, and getting the Barometric pressure and Altimeter settings right as well as setting the magnetic declination correct. I may finish the settings for the rest by midnight.

I feel very old :( 
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

Redoverfarm

Peternap if you would give it to your grandson he would have it all done in abot 5 mins. ;D

MountainDon

I hear ya' Peter.  I love my Timex Indiglo so much I bought a spare, just in case it quits, breaks, gets lost...  Now if I can only remember it is in the back of my sock drawer when the time arises.

I have a metal expansion bracelet; it lights up when the stem is pressed in but that's about it.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Sassy

I don't even wear a watch anymore but would only buy the type MtnDon gets - all I wanted to know was the time & date, didn't have the patience to try & figure it out.

Glenn used to have a complicated watch w/altimeter & other stuff when he was flying a lot. 
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

Redoverfarm

I have the identical watch.  No bells or whistles.  Large enough numbers to see w/o my specs and I can even tell time in the dark.  The day and date  function has never been set because I couldn't see it anyway without you guessed it my specs.  But I do have a another for work cause sometimes I get a little dirty.   ;D

rick91351

Both are great watches.  I still like analog watches, though for work a watch with a stop watch is very handy. 
Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.