I'm not going through my second childhood

Started by peternap, October 12, 2010, 07:57:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peternap

I never got out of the first one. ;D

I got this tonight:

Suzuki Boulevard C50 Special Edition
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

Redoverfarm

Good for you Peter.  I had three "graveyard ponies".  Then the children arrived and sold the last to my BIL and bought a tractor that I could get more use out of.  

MountainDon

When I read the topic title I had a feeling it was by Peter.    ;D

I have to admit to not liking the idea of me on a road bike and sharing the road with the local road maniacs so much anymore.

Although my neighbor with the one of a kind Big Dog cycle, who open carries says he never has any problems with cars crowding him.  ???   

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

glenn kangiser

Still got my license but decided the roads are too crazy anymore.  Last road was a Suzuki 500 - had a Honda 750-4 before that or maybe it was after.  Crimoney... that was 40 years ago.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

NM_Shooter

Nice bike! 

I have only owned dual sports, which are not very comfortable bikes to ride.  I will sometimes take them for a ride on pavement, but I don't like to have to pay that much attention to other drivers.  I look for eye whites at every intersection.  Too much work for me! 
"Officium Vacuus Auctorita"

Grimjack

This was my Baby! I sold her after a friend and his wife died together in a motorcycle crash. I started counting all the people I knew who had been injured or killed on a bike and came up with about 1/2 a dozen. Then I tried to think of the people I knew who had the same thing but in a car crash, couldn't come up with any. And I know a lot more people who drive cars.

Have fun with your new toy, but be careful!

ChuckinVa

There have been 2 motorcycle deaths on our road in the last year and two in our area in the last week. The last 2, number 1 was a drunk driver at 2:30 in the afternoon crossed the yellow line and hit and killed a 36 year old man on a bike. The second, a driver did not see the motor cylclist and  pulled out in front of him. The driver of the motor cycle is in critical condition. The passenger, the drivers 9 YO son, died at the scene.  Please be careful out there. We sometimes feel like we are invincible but when it comes to taking on a car or truck with a motor cycle we are going to loose most of the time.

CHUCK
ChuckinVa
Authentic Appalachian American

Windpower

Looks like fun

I still have my 1976 Husqvarna 250 WR but I don't ride it much

maybe time for a trip around the airport

Often, our ignorance is not as great as our reluctance to act on what we know.

peternap

I love riding a motorcycle and in 50 years of doing it (I started before I had a drivers license) I've never had a major accident. I think it's because I've never gotten compkletely comfortable on one and I watch traffic like a hawk.
I never had a V twin before and I have to admit...I love it ;D

I may take over a small town or two next week. ::)
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

Redoverfarm

Peter stay away from Bayone NJ that is where I lost my middle Aspencade that was a year old.  Escape that one virtuallu unscaved.  Didn't learn a thing. Turned around a year later and bought a new one.  Then life started seeming more precious and people around me.  Thats when I went out of the motorcycle buisness.  You would have thought I would have learned long before after picking up pieces on the road over my carreer.  Do be carefull.  They actually don't see you.