how to get DWV out of house.

Started by Erin, July 05, 2010, 08:28:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erin

That's pretty much it.  lol  How does one get their DWV out of the house?  Under the footer?  Through the footer?  Above the footer? 

We have a bit of wiggle room so far as 1/4" fall/slope, so what's the best way to get through the footer? 
The wise woman builds her own house... Proverbs 14:1

Redoverfarm

Erin I have found it is best to run it under the footer if you can.  But as a second choice run them through the footer. I have done it both ways.   I usually like to sleeve the waste line in a larger pipe.  Always use Schedule 40.  Some have run the waste seperately without the sleeve but I feel more comfortable using a sleeve pipe.  Just make sure that the footing is on solid ground at the point where the pipe goes through. If there is any loose soil the footing could droop and allow it to crush or crack the pipe.  If you are thinking of an unfinished crawlspace then it makes it easier to replace that pipe later if need be by using a sleeve pipe.  

cmsilvay

May be a stupid question but is this for new construction or are you trying to sneak it out of an exsiting structure

Erin

Yep, new construction.
Thanks Red, that's kind of the way we were leaning...
The wise woman builds her own house... Proverbs 14:1

ben2go

???

What is DWV?

Hiding the husbands body under the house isn't a good idear.  d*

rick91351

Drain, Waste, and Vent  Sorry nothing as spicy and chilling as you were thinking.  But then everybody everything has to be somewhere!!!
Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

ben2go