Prowler has been prowling

Started by Prowler, November 09, 2009, 12:42:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prowler

Just a quick note to say hello.
I have been following this forum for quite a while (years) as I built my off-grid,
boat access cabin in north-central Saskatchewan.
I just wanted to say thanks to everyone on this forum for all the ideas, advice and knowledge
I have been able to take advantage of. It has been very  helpful.
This was my 4th year of construction. (I'm not very fast and take lots of breaks to go fishing)
I have quite a few pictures of my project so if there is interest, I would be happy to post.
Thanks again,
Prowler :)

jbos333

MountainDon

w*  Prowler.

Yes, we'd love to see whatever pictures you can post, and for you to tell us about your build.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Redoverfarm

As others have stated   w*  Prowler.  And for the "eye candy" it is welcome.

PEG688

w*   Prowler.

The EA-6B  Prowler going on the prowl from the carrier.

When in doubt , build it stout with something you know about .

Prowler

Actually, Prowler refers to my snow machine, but here are a few pictures from 2003, after putting in piers in 2002.

May long weekend progress.

This is how we transported everything.

Had a few helpers with the shell.

The roof was fun but what a view.

Good for the first summer.

Redoverfarm

I can see how you could easily get distracted.  Nice job.  How is the inside finished out?

Prowler

The inside isn't finished, yet.
Too many of these...

but this is the second year, loft and insulation.

My son Zack hammering in the heat.

Another load.

Done for another summer.

John Raabe

Quite a fine piece of work. A real family project.
None of us are as smart as all of us.

NM_Shooter

Excellent work!  I love the location and your use of local materials for the beams. 

I'd sell a kidney to have access to that kind of fishing on a regular basis.  (One of my wife's, but a kidney all the same!  ;D )

Nice job getting the kids involved.  With any luck that cabin will be in the family for generations and these memories will go a long way.  Can I suggest something?  Put up a photo collection of your kids and you building the cabin and keep it in the cabin. 

What lake are you on?  How are the walleyes?
"Officium Vacuus Auctorita"

Okie_Bob

Ditto what John said and also quite a fine looking crew as well! Somthing they'll never forget...and you'll look back on these as the
very best of times...wow, the memories you are making!
Okie Bob

glenn kangiser

Sorry I'm late.  w* to the forum Prowler.  That is a nice project and it looks like you put the information you learned on the forum to good use.  Great job.  Nice fish too.

Great shot of the Prowler plane, PEG.  I'd have liked to be standing nearby when that took off.  Probably not under or behind....[waiting]
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

MountainDon

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Prowler

We have an album at the cabin with many pictures. I agree with you, Shooter, is a great idea.
The memories all come back clearly when looking back. I am on Nemeiben Lake. Walleye were good this year
after several down years.

Thanks for all the kind words. I just feel lucky I have a wife who enjoys this as much as me.

Thanks also Glen.
I had been planning this cabin in my head for a long while and began building before I came across
this website. It has been very informative and helpful. I wish I had found you guys before I started
though. I would have done a few things differently.

I am 7 miles by boat from the public launch. And all the cabins are 1 mile apart.

glenn kangiser

I do things differently myself because of things I have learned here at the forum. :)
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.