Really scary day at the beach

Started by peternap, June 13, 2011, 08:00:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peternap

I was trying to shoot a jellyfish video yesterday at a place well known for jellyfish and horrible currents.

I found both and due to a thunderstorm, the water was so turbid I couldn't get clear pictures...plus I got all cut up in the current.

Worst of all, when I finally got out of the water, visibility was WAY TOO GOOD. :-\
The video:
http://vimeo.com/25010152

The shore [shocked] [shocked]

These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

Redoverfarm

[cool] Peter.  But generally most people get out of the water when there are jelly fish around. ;D

MushCreek

Shouldn't Greenpeace be trying to push her into deeper water?  d*
Jay

I'm not poor- I'm financially underpowered.

peternap

Quote from: MushCreek on June 13, 2011, 04:00:01 PM
Shouldn't Greenpeace be trying to push her into deeper water?  d*

Out of dozens of comments I've gotten about that picture, that is undoubtedly the BEST! [rofl2]
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

rwanders

Grateful I didn't have a mouthful of beer when I saw this--it would have come out my nose and ears!

[rofl2]      [rofl2]
Rwanders lived in Southcentral Alaska since 1967
Now lives in St Augustine, Florida

MountainDon

Don't have a beach problem here in NM
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Native_NM

Don, we have lots of sand.  The tide has been out for a few million years, but lots of sand. 
New Mexico.  Better than regular Mexico.

glenn kangiser

Crack Kills, but it could have been worse.... I could have been there in my Bikini without my work clothes under it....

"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Windpower

Often, our ignorance is not as great as our reluctance to act on what we know.

Homegrown Tomatoes

Glenn.... Glenn, Glenn, Glenn.  I need to go wash my eyes.
Peter, the shore was scary, but the jellyfish were really cool to watch.  I didn't realize there was a link to the video the other day when I saw this topic.  I have to agree, though, most people are trying to get OUT of the water when there are a lot of jellyfish around.

glenn kangiser

That wasn't really for the beach.  I was trying to prove that to be really safe you need to wear something they will see.... I don't really dress like that.  I just have this thing about getting ordered to wear a stupid safety vest when it will make me less safe and catch on fire possibly burning me with melting polyester.  I mean... lets be safe ... not pretend a plastic vest makes us safe.  The Bikini is safer as everyone looks at it.....

The beaches are still safe....

Sorry, Homey... I only wore it for 2 hours.... heh

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

glenn kangiser

Just noticed the Love Tattoo on the original... don't know what else could have caught my eye.

Homegrown Tomatoes

Ha ha ha, well, maybe I should suggest this to my dad next time he ends up on a job with a knothead for the safety guy.  Bet it definitely got peoples' attention!