Author Topic: My 20x30 cabin with loft in quebec  (Read 66506 times)

Offline ColchesterCabin

• Welcome to the CP-Forum
Re: My 20x30 cabin with loft in quebec
« Reply #100 on: July 25, 2012, 08:46:53 AM »
Man, That's some nice cabin. It was great to see the interior simple but nice. You did it the way I plan on doing mine which is drywall  and t&g ceilings. Very well done, kudos!  [cool]
Visit my thread would love to have your input http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=12139.0
Feel free to visit my Photobuckect album of all pictures related to this build http://s1156.photobucket.com/albums/p566/ColchesterCabin/

Offline Bobby.B

« Reply #101 on: July 26, 2012, 04:46:47 PM »
Thanks for your comments  the drywall and  t&g ceiling go well together I am glad i went that way

Offline itorlamop

« Reply #102 on: July 28, 2013, 06:58:22 PM »
Hi, great work! I'm from Quebec too and planning to build something soon in the low-Laurentians. About the piers foundation you'd used:
how deep did you dug them?
did you need some "municipal approval" before setting them?
I heard that some town are a bit strict about foundation, only accepting the full-basement...     

Offline Bobby.B

« Reply #103 on: July 29, 2013, 02:34:47 AM »
The piers are four feet deep.
I did get a building permit, no one ever came to inspect it not that I am aware of anyways. My taxes did jump from $200.00 to $1200.00   

Offline mwhutch

« Reply #104 on: July 29, 2013, 02:58:49 AM »
Your build looks really great! How did the drywall go? We are planning to do ours too. Also where did you get those cabinets, were they pretty reasonable? I really love the look of craftsman style cabinets, but I can't find any within our budget.

Thanks,
Marcy

Offline Bobby.B

« Reply #105 on: July 29, 2013, 03:17:54 AM »
We installed the drywall and then hired a person to do the taping a plaster. The cabinets and counter top come from IKEA the cost I think was around $2000.00 I used the IKEA kitchen planner program to plan and price out my kitchen, it worked very well.     

Offline rick91351

• Journeyman
  • 5000' in Idaho
« Reply #106 on: July 29, 2013, 03:54:41 AM »
We installed the drywall and then hired a person to do the taping a plaster. The cabinets and counter top come from IKEA the cost I think was around $2000.00 I used the IKEA kitchen planner program to plan and price out my kitchen, it worked very well.   

I thought that was where I had seen that design.   [cool]  All and all what do you think of Ikea's knock down cabinets?  I have seen them in their stores but have not talked any one that has tried them.  We had our eye on them when start our house - then I thought I would build them.  Then it is getting  so late in to the year.  But then what is there to do on cold winter nights other than make raised front panels and cut out drawer pieces parts.   ???
Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

Offline Bobby.B

« Reply #107 on: July 29, 2013, 04:14:20 AM »
I really like them ,good quality and they were very easy to install.

Templates: 5: index (default), Ads (default), Portal (default), Display (default), GenericControls (default).
Sub templates: 12: init, html_above, adsheaders_above, body_above, adsindex_above, portal_above, main, portal_below, adsindex_below, body_below, adsheaders_below, html_below.
Language files: 3: SPortal.english (default), index+Modifications.english (default), Ads.english (default).
Style sheets: 1: portal (default).
Files included: 37 - 1124KB. (show)
Cache hits: 11: 0.00193s for 40,700 bytes (show)
Queries used: 29.

[Show Queries]