Darn Pests

Started by MountainDon, September 21, 2009, 07:47:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MountainDon

Saturday AM up at the cabin I needed to use the winch. It's demountable so I had to pop the Jeep hood to connect the Andersen Hi Amp plugin. Imagine my surprise...

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Redoverfarm

You are fortuneate Don they didn't start chewing on the wires. Thats when Darn Pest becomes D** Pest.  ;D

peternap

I had a terrible problem with them in the cargo container at the farm. I fired up the diesel generator inside one day, shut the doors and let it run for 3 hours.....No pests ;D
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

MountainDon

That should do it Peter.   :D

I found little pieces of my oil dipstick cleaning rag implemented in the nest construction, as well as pine needles and grass.  >:(

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

diyfrank

It looks well crafted and should provide the warmth.
Home is where you make it

Squirl

I found one once after the car started and I found a squirl tail in the driveway.  Man that was a mess to clean up.

rick91351

Design looks great!  Four Star ****  Isolation above par!  Great allowance for snow load.  But wow as they say in real estate location, location, location.
Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

Don_P

I opened the hood one day and someone had just dined on the contents of one of those. He rose up as the lid went up and we stared at each other eye to eye for a split second.
If he had vocal chords I'm sure he would have screamed just as loud.

I cranked the tractor one day and something caught my eye. Darn! broke the fan belt. Hmm that "fan belt " has a head and is in an awful hurry to get off the engine.

Redoverfarm

Most of my problems have been with mice.  Lawn tractor mainly since it doesn't get used as often.  They will actually store food in the air cleaner and build a nest.  I guess I should break down and build a screen cover for the intake.

The real damage other than an inconvience is the wire chewing.  That is not limited to the mower.  Car and truck suffer as well.  I had read that they are after the soduim (salt) that is used to make the wire.  One time I bought the small bait pellets.  I thought I was getting them as the pellets disappeared. Guess what? they had stored them in the mower.  I then switched to the nail down blocks.  Since then the daughter has gotten a couple outside cats which apparently are doing their job.   Usually find one on the steps or driveay every other night. 

IronRanger

People Take Vacations.  Squirrels Don't.

***Credit for the picture goes to whomever posted it on the internet.   ;)
"They must find it difficult, those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as authority"- G.Massey

"Freedom is just Chaos, with better lighting." - Alan Dean Foster