Fauxtos

Started by Gary O, August 23, 2011, 09:55:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary O

[rofl2] rofl

Oh, this thread is starting to get good

You forgot something, Rick......

For Fauxto of the day, see previous page

(Yeah, no way will I attempt to top that)

I'm enjoying all that I own, the moment.

"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air." Emerson

Gary O

peternap

These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

Gary O

Looks like a very good poster for summa them trees, peternap......

rick91351

Gary asked if I would mark something up for today and post it.  I hope you enjoy...
K-NINE PATROL

Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

peternap

These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

peternap

Gary O

Well now, this is getting to be quite fauxto heavenesque.
wonnerful, just wonnerful.
I think I'll get me another cuppa joe
...and maybe a hanky

peternap

rick91351

There is no way I can top Zeus and the mail.  Pure 100 A Plus!

My hat is off to you and Zeus.
Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

firefox

See what you've started Gary, This is great! Keep up the fantastic work everyone.
Bruce
Bruce & Robbie
MVPA 23824

rick91351

I hope you enjoy... Today's installment of 
K-NINE PATROL

rick91351

Gary O

Trains....n-i-c-e

for you Rick

rick91351

Quote from: Gary O on February 29, 2012, 10:07:40 AM
Trains....n-i-c-e

for you Rick

That is good Gary, you see that a lot in yards with real tight curves going into switches with those long coach cars like that.  However this is a main line and a passing track.  My autopsy would be a reduced to meaningless railroad terms.  Like someone took the power on the switch improperly, or gave the power back improperly, or maybe a thin flange on a wheel split the switch.  It was definitely done at slow speed.  I have seen a lot of those in 35 years of railroad.  Some right before my very eyes........ 

My worst / best ....  Try that with 110 cars at 60 MPH, down the straight rail with 6800 feet of loaded import Seattle containers.  We had a car with a broken wheel start up the pass which is a 30 mph turn out right next to the Snake River.  Then jumped back to the straight rail and never propagated an emergency application of the train brakes.  Smooth!  If you would have been sitting in the siding however; you would have been all girlly screaming, yelling in tongues and going to church next Sunday. 

Life was good, train felt good.  Then the dispatcher called and said,  "You guys still moving?"  I thought Huston we have a problem and I started setting air or stopping the train.  (Not my first rodeo.)

Conductor says, "Yes."  He not as colorful of vocabulary as mine.  I could have worded it a lot better and painted a better word picture.  But I had my hands full of brake handles right then and my fingers were covered with cold Albertsons deli chicken grease. 

Dispatcher says, "Maybe you better stop and inspect!  You just left both ends of the siding at Rock Island out of correspondence."

Conductor says,  "Okay, but .............."  I'm thinking there is no but..... When the gods in Omaha tell you to stop and inspect that is what you do.  Beside while he is out walking around out there in the dark inspecting the train I'll finish my chicken.  (Engineers do not do inspections because you are needed in the cab of the locomotive.)   

I'm setting air to stop as smooth as I can.  I guess the conductor is trying to explain 23 reasons not to stop and walk the train.  All of which they have heard before and fall on deaf ears. 

When we got stopped and he started walking we had a wheel that had literally blew up, more was gone than was there.  When everyone showed up I guess it was pretty close to 20 miles of why didn't it go off there.  How did it make it thorough ten plate girder bridges and the major $$$ bridge over the Snake River near Huntington, Oregon.  Three other sidings and one yard.  We never broke a rail but messed up a lot of ties and managers bonus checks for the year.   :)     

rick91351

Today's installment of

K-NINE PATROL

rick91351

peternap

Gary O

"I have seen a lot of those in 35 years of railroad.  Some right before my very eyes........ "

S-o-o-o-o, what'd they hafta do to correct your mistake?

(J-u-u-u-ust kidding).

Yeah, I bet you've seen a lot, and really should put it all to black and white.
I could even help...I'm pretty good in the embellishment dept....course the wife would have to edit....

Nice pooch dialogue

Boy, Rick, I'm sure enjoyin' this fresh new retirement of yours.

...and Lordy, before I could post, a peternap sepia exclusive emerges.

McDonald's my hind end...I'm lovin' this!

peternap

Gary O

OH, that made me ROTSA.

Peter
Mind if I play with Zeus' mug a bit?

Gary O'

peternap

rick91351

Today's installment of

K-NINE PATROL

rick91351

Gary O

Quote from: rick91351 on March 02, 2012, 05:40:52 AM
Today's installment of

K-NINE PATROL

Iggy looks to be a bit Jiggy....and quite ready to eat his own poop 'bout now