Global warming--solutions.

Started by Amanda_931, November 01, 2006, 10:09:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glenn kangiser

I just meant minimum clothing for global warming, Peter.  I didn't want to say I just ironed my birthday suit for global warming and now I need a quilt.  That would give you some kind of weird mind picture that possibly you couldn't live with -- or don't want to. ;D

There - see - you made me do it anyway. :o
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

benevolance

Glenn I pretty much have to turn the mental picture machine off when talking to you man ;)

glenn-k

Dang it -- I guess if I can't shock you, then This wrinkled ol' birthday suit won't do me any good -- better fold it back up and put it away. :-/

glenn-k

QuoteGlenn I pretty much have to turn the mental picture machine off when talking to you man ;)

Here you go Peter.  My solution to global warming but....

I Just Don't Look Good Naked Anymore

Order it or see more

benevolance

Glen

I agree that de-salinization can be a bad thing....If you dump the pollution of the salt water back into the ocean...But the brine can be used for other things and is a potential resource that can be utilized...

Also They also need to make sure that they use sound practices around the ocean to make sure pollution does not get into the water.

There was a super point in the article that said major cities should start with recycling all their waste water before turning to de-salinization  :)

I think I have made that point about oh ten times here in the past.

What the article did not say was that the vast majority of places where there is mass de-salinization occurs there is no fresh water to save...For example in the middle east...

I think we should double the amount of water we de-salinize globally....More water means more food and a healthier life for the worlds poor. There do need to be regulations to make sure that there is no pollution dumped into the ocean from the process though.

As for salinity increasing in the worlds oceans...I doubt that...As the polar ice caps melt the salinity decreases...They are pure water...icebergs that is...all the ice breaking off the north and south pole ice sheets is the purest water on the planet....

glenn-k

So - my next question to you, Peter, is .... are you ignoring the song?  :-?;D

benevolance

did not giver it a listen Glenn....

I will go check it out just for you

benevolance

had a listen

Dunno man get back to me in 30 years and I will be able to relate to it ;)

glenn-k

You are probably being overly optimistic, Peter --- A health food nut like you probably doesn't take in enough preservatives to make it last more than another 20 years or so. ;D

benevolance

never heard it put that way man...

I am not a health food nut...I mean we eat a roast a week a chicken every week... It is not like we are vegans or anything extreme...

We drink beer if we feel like it... Even eat homemade chocolate chip peanut butter cookies.

But Yeah nothing comes out of a can for me anymore...and no deep fried anything... trying to eat only whole wheat....To eliminate high fructose corn syrup... Stuff like that.

And despite being good I still could stand to lose 5 pounds or so...I have a good start on a spare tire... :-[

So maybe I will be singing that song sooner than later :-/

glenn-k

No worries, Peter-- I'm just funnin ya--- you shouldn't start to notice it until you reach at least 35. :)

Sassy

So now we know what the problem is, worms!   :-/  :-?  :D

http://www.shortnews.com/start.cfm?id=63227

06/25/2007 09:20 AM                  ID: 63227
Scientist Implicates Worms in Global Warming

Jim Frederickson, the research director at the Composting Association has called for data on worms and composting to be re-examined after a German study found that worms produce greenhouse gases 290 times more potent than carbon dioxide.

Worms are being used commercially to compost organic material and is in preference to putting it into the landfill. The German government wants 45% of all waste to be composted by 2015.

"Everybody... thinks they can do no harm but they contribute to global warming. People are looking into alternative waste treatments but we have to make sure that we are not jumping from the frying pan into the fire," said Frederickson.

Source: www.mrw.co.uk

benevolance

Glenn

It is okay to fun at me...I am different I do not care...I was telling my wife the other night at supper we had a guest her cousin over to join us at supper... And We ate a simple meal of Wholewheat pasta.. pasta sauce from our tomatoes and herbs from the wife's garden... Fresh bread that we made

It tasted great and My wife and I were totally psyched about how good and healthy it was...We were trying to explain to her cousin that we both got a natural high eating meals we made largely ourselves and from food we grew was especially awesome....Or eating homemade bread..etc...

He looked at us like we were weirdos....  He smokes reefer...I think we lost him when we said we got high naturally without the drugs...All we needed was life... :-/

glenn-k

They don't have a clue, Peter.  That's why I never smoked it -- I want my lungs to be pink when they fry me. :o

benevolance

well mostly pink...

Pollution and being around other smokers will put green fspots on your lungs...

But yeah I have never smoked anything in my life drugs or cigarettes...
worst thing about my diet is I love coca cola...And it has high fructose corn syrup which is bad for you...

If I could cut that out of my diet I think I would be eating and living super healthy...

We do not exactly eat a mediterranean diet....We do try to eat fish once a week... Veggies every night with supper...Lots of Greens and Tomatoes...My Irish side comes out in that I eat potatoes like mad...

We love to cook sirloin roasts and chickens..We eat each once a week....

The best thing about cooking from scratch is that you control the sodium fat and sugar...  We make Stews and soups.. but we do not use salt... or canned goods that contain sodium. So you can have the things you like and eat like a king...And not kill yourself by eating poisons

We have converted my wife's mom to a no canned good diet where she is aware of her sodium and sugar....And she all of a sudden is a 60 year old without high blood pressure....and she found the extra 10 or 15 pounds just sort of disappeared.

I hope my pineapple live and grow... I told my wife that I want to start eating a lot more snack foods that are fresh fruit... I know they are killer expensive in the stores... but if I can grow my own pineapple to add to the other fruits I grow....I can cut back on the cost of eating healthy.

A guy showed me how to cut off the top and plant it back in the ground...I hope it works out.....I absolutely love pineapples :)

fourx

...they take a while to grow, that's the only problem. I'm a big fan of potatoes as well, I have three rows of Pontiacs, each row about twenty feet long, ready to dig. They are nicest, I find,  dug up small and immediatly washed and boiled with a few springs of mint in the water, and served topped with butter. Yum.

glenn-k

I guess she could be 23 feet long, Pete -- the old ones were biggies.

Peter, I am of the belief that salt - sodium won't hurt you unless you have a specific problem with it.  A newer study agrees with me.   Older ones didn't.

fourx

:) Three of those would bump your fuel bill up a little- ah, those were the days.

glenn-k

I think they could generate a little global warming themselves.  I think it may have been a '60 I moved to CA with.

benevolance

the bubble top roof is an american classic in styling of vintage automobiles...

to that end I am in search of a 62 chevrolet bubbletop (cheap)

Keep yer eyes peeled Glenn

Sassy

Now, to get back to "global warming"  ;)  I just read an interesting article...

Our Dead & Dying Trees  

It brings up some issues that should be investigated that could be causing the widespread weakening & death of trees throughout the US.  

fourx

..from the article: ""Why are our public officials ignoring this problem...not taking tree ring and soil samples to find out why are trees are stressed and dying? "" Ring samples would show the series of similar events keyed to the cycle of solar flares and increased activity- 11 years, from memory. There really is nothing new in this..the difference is the instant and widespread impact of alarmist comments due to widespread access to the Net.

Sassy

My point in this article was more about the "contrails" or "chemtrails" if you will, weather manipulation & HAARP that super heats the plasma in the ionosphere  (HAARP is in Gakona, Alaska)  official site:   http://www.haarp.alaska.edu/haarp/index.html  

That article subtlely alluded to all of that but didn't put out the "conspiracy" words like "chemtrails".  

I believe we have the natural cycles of weather as influenced by the sun, I do not believe that we are having "global warming" per Al Gore.  Other planets are warming up, also.  Some scientists say we are just coming out of the last ice age...  the Bible says the world is "waxing old like a garment" & that "all creation is groaning" due to the fall of man.  So, there is a lot more evidence to the contrary of what Gore preaches than the "science" that agrees with him.  

fourx

Has The Great Global Warming Swindle documentry been shown in the US, Sassy? Fascinating stuff, and quite remarkable in the way it has raised the hackles of the Green Zealots here.