light suppers

Started by Homegrown Tomatoes, May 16, 2008, 05:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Homegrown Tomatoes

Any suggestions for things that are light to eat and don't require tons of preparation?  It is getting hot and being around ten months pregnant I am just not into cooking.  Also, it can't be high in sugars or carbs.

Redoverfarm

Sounds like a good time for soups to me. Personally I have been craving chilli but I would advise against it for you HT

glenn kangiser

...for me too.

Don't do it Homey --- we don't want you to shoot that kid across the room. [crz] d*
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

peternap

Tomato sandwich with lots of mayonnaise, salt, pepper and on toast. If your a little hungrier, add bacon and lettuce. ;D
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

Homegrown Tomatoes

That sounds good, but I couldn't eat the bread, so maybe I could just wrap it in lettuce.  :)

Redoverfarm

Peter sounds good. Only problem is trying to find a good tomato this time of year. Way too early for homegrown and the ones they sell closely resemble tomatos but lack the taste.   

peternap

Quote from: Redoverfarm on May 16, 2008, 08:27:20 PM
Peter sounds good. Only problem is trying to find a good tomato this time of year. Way too early for homegrown and the ones they sell closely resemble tomatos but lack the taste.   

It won't be long for me. I planted some surrounded by old Coke Jugs full of water in early March. They have blooms now. The others will be a little later.
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

Homegrown Tomatoes

My mom's been picking ripe tomatoes off her plants for a few weeks now.

Homegrown Tomatoes

By the way, supper tonight ended up being a cucumber, a handful of dry roasted peanuts, and a square of extra dark chocolate.  Not really all that well rounded, but it is what tasted decent.