my thought of the day

Started by Homegrown Tomatoes, June 29, 2010, 11:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glenn kangiser

My first son had to get pulled out -  mashed his head into the shape of a football.... fortunately baby heads are made of rubber and will bounce back into some recognizable shape in a short time.  I didn't feel a bit of pain.... [ouch]
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

muldoon

congratulations girl, thats fantastic news.  have you guys picked a name yet?  how are the big sisters doing with the new one? 

also - yeouch@forcep description.  could have done without that.   :-[

Homegrown Tomatoes

It's Stink's fault... she wanted an update!! ???  His name is Daniel, and his sisters are crazy about him....poor boy will probably be the victim of a once a week extreme makeover.  I'll try to get a pic up soon.

glenn kangiser

Reminds me of Daniel and the Lyon's den..... [waiting]

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Sassy

Quote from: glenn kangiser on July 08, 2010, 10:53:11 PM
Reminds me of Daniel and the Lyon's den..... [waiting]

c*

Congratulations, Homey!  Daniel is a cutie!  Can't imagine the forceps...  I didn't have any pain medications either but didn't have to deal w/forceps. 

Big kid, Stinkerbell  :o  Mine were 8 1/2 lbs & 9 1/2 lbs but not that bad...  didn't have a C section - almost did but he came out before they had a chance  :P

http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

Homegrown Tomatoes

does this work?
ash2/hs312.ash2/59253_435371138758_746258758_5217097_474116_n.jpg

Homegrown Tomatoes

crap.  Apparently not.  Good grief, I hope I don't have to go back and go through the tutorial on how to post pics all over again.

Homegrown Tomatoes

He's getting pretty cute... and smiling a lot now.   :)

Homegrown Tomatoes

those of you with boys...do they ever start sleeping thru the night?? c*

John Raabe

If I remember right, my two boys were pretty good at sleeping by the time they were 16.

BTW: cute little fellow!

I have heard that cuteness in babies is an evolutionary development designed to make human parents want to take care of them.
None of us are as smart as all of us.

glenn kangiser

Shucks, John.  By the time I was 16 I was already sneaking out at night... [waiting]

Homegrown Tomatoes

Thanks, John.  He is a lot needier than my girls were... they were happy to play by themselves or sit in a bouncy seat and watch the ceiling fans, etc.  Not Daniel.  He wants to be held all the time, and talked to.  Thank goodness he has three older sisters to help me out or I don't think I'd be functioning too well right now.  Going on three months of total sleeplessness now, and had trouble staying awake driving home from the city yesterday.  Kept having to roll the windows down and turn the radio up and sing and whatnot just to keep my eyes open.

Sassy

He's a cutie!  Both my sons were sleeping approx 4-6hrs a night by 7 wks old.  The oldest woke up every hr-2 hrs until right before I had to go back to work when he was 7 wks old - was worried about that...  the oldest needed attention ALL the time, couldn't occupy himself for even a few minutes unless he was getting into things.  My youngest was totally laid back - happy, laughing, never fussed - he was a lot of fun!  They were totally different as babies & young kids.
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

Redoverfarm

HT not sure whether it is harder to get the little ones into bed or try to get a teenager up in the morning.  ;)  Almost a toss up.  When Steven was born he apparently had his nights & days confused.  It was a couple of 2-3 months before he actually started sleeping all night.  When my wife had him she developed Mastitis and was put back into the hospital for several days.  We would travel to the hospital in the day (3 hrs round trip)and pick up the breast milk she had stored and then back to keep him occupied all night.  I think the first week I only got 2-3 hours.  Boy was I glad to see his mom get out of the hospital.  

Homegrown Tomatoes

He started off with days and nights pretty much mixed up, but now even though he is sleeping more, it is seldom more than 3 or 4 hours, and if he wets a diaper during the night, you might as well forget about sleep.... haven't figured out why he gets so upset over diapers, but it really makes him mad, and once he's worked up, takes him a while to simmer down again.  To top it off, I'm once of those people who can't get back to sleep after getting awake.  (Hmmm... maybe he takes after me?? ???)