McDonald's Secret Hamburger Ingredient

Started by glenn kangiser, January 02, 2010, 10:42:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glenn kangiser

Anybody remember Soylent Green... or maybe pink? hmm
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

firefox

Soylent Green is in good taste now with all the green hype...
Right???
Bruce
Bruce & Robbie
MVPA 23824

Sonoran

That picture of the pink slime was disgusting! This is craziness. I eat fast food on occasion, but I stay away from burger joints because of the high cholesterol, fat, etc. Now I'm scared to eat any fast food with meat in it.

I've become increasingly more careful of the food I buy. I read labels and try to stay away from fake food.

Glenn, I liked your use of quotations earlier when you wrote fast "food."
Individuality: You are all unique, just like everybody else.

NM_Shooter

Quote from: MountainDon on January 05, 2010, 10:40:35 AM
Quote from: Sonoran on January 05, 2010, 02:24:08 AM
Now I'm scared to eat any fast food with meat in it.

Eat meat that is not ground up. I would think that a fish fillet or a chicken breast would be a safer bet.

Unless you grind it yourself  :o
"Officium Vacuus Auctorita"

Dog

The wilderness is a beautiful thing for the soul. Live free or die.

Homegrown Tomatoes

disgusting.... I haven't eaten fast food in a long long time (OK, so the I don't count the very occasional Chick-fil-A because it tastes so darn good....) but seeing the pink slime photo would convince me not to if I wasn't already convinced!   [yuk] [yuk] [yuk]  Seeing as my stomach has been a little on the weak side for the past three months anyway, I'm not sure I should have even read this thread. 

considerations

Yep, its pretty gross.  And what is ironic is that one has to expend extra effort and vigilence to simply bring home unprocessed food.  The processed stuff is easier to acquire these days.   ???

glenn kangiser

Quote from: Sonoran on January 05, 2010, 02:24:08 AM
That picture of the pink slime was disgusting! This is craziness. I eat fast food on occasion, but I stay away from burger joints because of the high cholesterol, fat, etc. Now I'm scared to eat any fast food with meat in it.

I've become increasingly more careful of the food I buy. I read labels and try to stay away from fake food.

Glenn, I liked your use of quotations earlier when you wrote fast "food."

You caught what I really meant - Is it really? [noidea'

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

glenn kangiser

Glad you got back in to see the pink slime pix, Homey. :)

Whitlock

Make Peace With Your Past So It Won't Screw Up The Present

glenn kangiser

It gets worse...

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b39_1211069857

If you like store bought chicken you may not want to read the above article.  You will have to click the more link as I could not find as direct link to the article.

Ignore the .... "Meet Sexy women in your area" link..... [waiting]

fishing_guy

Glenn,

As a tail-end of the Boomers, the government has been feeding me s*** for years.  A little on my chicken is no big deal.  I just make sure I fry or BBQ it well... d*

I ignored the second link...I was afraid to click it. [shocked]
A bad day of fishing beats a good day at work any day, but building something with your own hands beats anything.

glenn kangiser

I'm the tail end also.... and you know what is under the tail.... [waiting]

MountainDon

Just a bump.... Glenn was ahead of the rest of the country.

Not just McDonalds as it turned out.   

Sort of surprised there were no recent comments. Today I hear that the manufacturer of pink slime, aka lean finely textured beef, have closed 3 of their 4 plants for 60 days. maybe longer if their ad program they are about to blitz us with doesn't work.   

I think that anything that has to be as processed as this crap is simply something we were not really meant to eat. Maybe the dog?
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

peternap

Quote from: NM_Shooter on January 03, 2010, 10:29:17 AM
I'm much more concerned by the ammonia in the food than I am with centrifuge seperated protein additives.  Growing up "hillbilly" I have no issues consuming less-than-prime portions of an animal.

Yep, we always said "Use everything but the squeal" on butchering day.

McDonalds...how do they get meat byproducts out of grease and soybeans (Groy) ???
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

Squirl

It hasn't been a secret for years.  It was in the Food Inc. movie and has been a staple of many vegetarian movements. I wonder why people have a problem with it now? Wait till they find out what mechanically separated chicken is for chicken nuggets.

I watched all those movies and it made me want to get a cheeseburger.  I close my eyes and my brain tells me it is delicious.

MountainDon

Not everyone has seen the movie. I haven't.
Not everyone reads about the vegetarian movement. I don't.

Lots of people watch ABC National TV news most nights. They just got a lot more exposure.

I'm glad to see it happen.  I don't see how anyone can eat McNuggets.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

glenn kangiser

I hardly eat any of this stuff anymore.  Maybe a filet of fish once in a while... but wait... is it really fish.... ?

Another thing that commonly makes my stomach start churning is the lettuce they put on sandwiches... Burger King fish sandwich looked better than McDonalds, but their lettuce or maybe the grease coating their onion rings had me yelling for Ralph at 4AM.  ... [waiting]

Woodsrule

Squirl,  I'm with you. Having knowledge of how animals are butchered makes me a little less sqeamish than most. The product is safe, so eat on I will.  "Pink Slime" is just a term designed to scare folks away from a safe product, but if folks don't want to eat it, than they won't. More for me!!