Executive Orders

Started by Sassy, May 28, 2011, 10:52:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sassy

Looks like the "Un" Patriot Act passed again  >:(  Here are a few executive orders that are in place which will totally suspend any rights we may think we have at the word of the POTUS...

Take these executive orders, for instance:

*  Executive Order 10995: Seizure of all communications media - radio, television, newspapers, CB and Ham radio, telephones and the internet (in effect, suspension of the first amendment)
   * Executive Order 10997: Seizure of all electrical power and fossil fuels
   * Executive Order 10998: Seizure of all food sources, farms and farm equipment. Food will be rationed. Today some states have anti-hoarding laws on the books, stating that anything over a one week's supply of food is considered hoarding and against the law.
   * Executive Order 10999: Seizure of all transportation and control of all highways, interstates and seaports. Any vehicle, public or private, can be taken.
   * Executive Order 11000: Seizure of all civilians for work under Federal supervision.
   * Executive Order 11003: Seizure of all airports and aircraft, public or private.
   * Executive Order 11004: Housing and Finance given authority for population relocation.
   * Executive Order 12919: Directs various Cabinet officials to be ready to take over virtually all aspects of the United States economy during a "state of national emergency" at the direction of the president.
   * Executive Order 13010: Directs FEMA to take control over all government agencies in times of emergency. FEMA is under the direct control of the executive (presidential) branch of government.
   * Executive Order 11490: Establishes presidential control over all United States citizens, businesses, and churches in times of "emergency"

These are executive orders passed by presidents--Republican and Democrat alike--elected to preserve our freedoms and the Constitution. Their very duplicities show that they have no intention of honoring the ideals of the constitutional republic handed down to us, that they are the very men that the Founders warned us about.

In fact, our Founders understood that this constitutional model could be overturned and made ineffective should the restraining power of the people against the federal government be made moot through judicial or legislative process.

Men like John Adams, James Madison, George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, and Alexander Hamilton all viewed the separation of powers to be indispensable to the continuation and preservation of liberty and the United States.

So what does the passage of these Executive Orders tell us? It tells us this ...

The dominoes are in place to subject the American people to a state of martial law nationwide.

(this info from Off the Grid News )
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

ScottA

Under the constitution the president has no authority to make laws by executive order or otherwise. His task is to enfoce existing laws. This reality means nothing to him though since he gets away with doing whatever he wants. Bottom line is the law is whatever he says it is. Leaves the rest of us kinda wondering...wtf?  ??? If the law doesn't apply to everyone it applies to no one. Chew on that one.

Squirl

What I love is that certain conservative pundits and individuals that have a problem with the president having these powers because it is now a democrat yet they were fine when it was a republican.  Now most liberal pundits and individuals are silent on this issue because it is a democrat in the white house, when they were some of the loudest voices against it before.  Total hypocrisies all around.  Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

rwanders

Quote from: Squirl on May 28, 2011, 07:45:38 PM
What I love is that certain conservative pundits and individuals that have a problem with the president having these powers because it is now a democrat yet they were fine when it was a republican.  Now most liberal pundits and individuals are silent on this issue because it is a democrat in the white house, when they were some of the loudest voices against it before.  Total hypocrisies all around.  Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

[cool]   (sound of loud applause)   

Well said squirl

Rwanders lived in Southcentral Alaska since 1967
Now lives in St Augustine, Florida

glenn kangiser

Not me, Squirl and RW.  I dislike them all equally.  There is only a one party system - two sides of the same coin.  I don't care what party you want to call it, both are are committing treason and going against the Constitution they swore to uphold.  Two guilty parties do not make one innocent one.  I'm with Scott but both parties are the same.  Anyone who can't see that has both eyes closed.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Sassy

I posted info on executive orders when Bush was in office, also.  It is totally unconstitutional.  We have the executive, legislative & judicial branches of gov't as checks & balances on each other.  When the POTUS has that much power, we are only an electronic signature away from martial law & tyranny by our so-called elected leaders...  but even that isn't true anymore, there are so many Czars & NGO's who work behind the scenes that our gov't is totally different than what our founding fathers envisioned - our elected leaders are only the puppets of those people running the show behind the curtain.
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

glenn kangiser

BTW, Squirl, I think the Bush Crime family, GWB especially, did more harm to our country than any president we have ever had....Obama is not any better.  

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Ajax

How many of you actually read these executive orders?
Ajax .... What an ass.
muldoon

IronRanger

Quote from: rwanders on May 28, 2011, 08:02:02 PM

[cool]   (sound of loud applause)   

Well said squirl

Without a doubt.
"They must find it difficult, those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as authority"- G.Massey

"Freedom is just Chaos, with better lighting." - Alan Dean Foster

Native_NM

What I love is that certain conservative pundits and individuals that have a problem with the president having these powers because it is now a democrat yet they were fine when it was a republican.  Now most liberal pundits and individuals are silent on this issue because it is a democrat in the white house, when they were some of the loudest voices against it before.  Total hypocrisies all around.  Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

There is no Left or Right.  The only party is the Green Party.  Woodrow Wilson is the Chairman of the Board.  Other Directors include Salmon P. Chase and Grover Cleveland.  All are retired, but still appear at certain private functions.   Ben Franklin serves as President at the discretion of the Board of Directors.  Grant is the VP.  Nationally, Andrew Jackson is a Senator, and Hamilton a Representative.  Locally,  Lincoln looks out for the middle class, Thomas Jefferson the fringe populace, and Washington is the representative of the poor.
New Mexico.  Better than regular Mexico.

muldoon

I have reached the opinion that it has always been like this. 

That on the day I was born and most likely the day you were born there was fraud and corruption and lies well underway.  Looking back on my life, it has not stopped me from many great moments with family and personal achievements.  Looking forward, it may shape decisions but wont stop me from enjoying the things in life that cannot be taken from me. 

My wife immigrated to this country when she was 7, she is from central america and fled with her family due to a civil war in her country at the time.  I have learned alot from her about perspective.  Everything stated above can be true, every doomsday prediction can come true, and it doesn't matter because it is outside of our control.  They show us nearly every day that they do not care about laws in any fashion.  Do you think any form of government needs a law to take your vehicle in a time of emergency?  Do you think a little thing like a law would stop them?  Do you think if these executive orders were not passed that anything would be different?  No.  And we have exactly zero control over that. 

So we do what every one else does, we wait and see.  We make plans to be so far ahead of the curve and under the radar that we are not harassed.  And when it comes to it, are prepared to go to another country in search of freedom if needed. 

Native_NM

Ajax

Quote from: Ajax on May 29, 2011, 12:27:44 PM
How many of you actually read these executive orders?

Answering my own question, besides me, evidently no one.
Ajax .... What an ass.
muldoon

Native_NM

Squirl

Quote from: muldoon on May 31, 2011, 09:36:44 AM
I have reached the opinion that it has always been like this.  

Sort of.  I am generally of the opinion that our country has gotten better over time in reference to civil liberties.  There is no longer slavery.  Native Americans now have some rights of sovereignty.  Women are now considered people instead of property under the law. The bill of rights now applies to state laws, not just federal.  There have been a few setbacks along the way, such as the suspension of habeas corpus during the civil war and the internment of Japanese Americans during WWII.  Yet, what I view as set backs in civil liberties were the legal basis in the government's brief in support of parts of the patriot act such as imprisonment of Americans in Gitmo without the right to habeas corpus, counsel, or civilian courts.  One augment is that Lincoln suspended habeas corpus during the civil war.  Confederates were never legally allowed to succeed and so they were all still legally Americans.  Yet they were also enemy combatants at war with America.  So they were allowed to be imprisoned without trial in POW camps.  In full disclosure, I was part of a very large team that worked on a brief in opposition.

peternap

Quote from: Squirl on May 31, 2011, 12:44:45 PM

Sort of.  I am generally of the opinion that our country has gotten better over time in reference to civil liberties.  There is no longer slavery.  Native Americans now have some rights of sovereignty.  Women are now considered people instead of property under the law. The bill of rights now applies to state laws, not just federal.  There have been a few setbacks along the way, such as the suspension of habeas corpus during the civil war and the internment of Japanese Americans during WWII.  Yet, what I view as set backs in civil liberties were the legal basis in the government's brief in support of parts of the patriot act such as imprisonment of Americans in Gitmo without the right to habeas corpus, counsel, or civilian courts.  One augment is that Lincoln suspended habeas corpus during the civil war.  Confederates were never legally allowed to succeed and so they were all still legally Americans.  Yet they were also enemy combatants at war with America.  So they were allowed to be imprisoned without trial in POW camps.  In full disclosure, I was part of a very large team that worked on a brief in opposition.

In some respects you're right Squirl.

But while those issues were being corrected we got the gropers at TSA, computer records kept on everyone that would make JEdgar wiggle in his girdle, No Fly Lists, cameras at every intersection, ID Checks, The IRS watching every penny you make, OSHA...the list goes on.

No, we haven't gotten better at all, just different.
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

rwanders

>:(

Must be OK with us---we don't use opportunities at polls to change things we don't approve of----or at least not enough of us do.

Native_NM

They can't control everything.  If I think on a macro level, it would be easy for them to control the cities.  A little harder to control the suburbs, and really hard to control the guy living in his 16x32 in the mountains.

The easiest way to give them control is to owe them your soul for a house you don't need.  As soon as my last kid is out of HS shortly we are selling.  Our goal is to retire debt-free by our mid-50's, and we should make it.  Our first apartment was 500ft, our first home was 1200, and we are currently close to 3000.  When the kids are gone we could live in 1000 easy if I had a nice garage. 

If more Americans were free from indentured servitude to the bank, the government would be a lot less powerful. 

rwanders

NM, you are absolutely right. I think a good way to think about debt is not just adding up the dollars but, instead add up the hours, days, and years of your life you have exchanged for all that stuff----in effect, your use of "indentured servant" is more accurate then "I owe the bank $300,000". What you really have exchanged for that mortgage is "The bank owns me for xx number of years of my life". 

Some of us never get out of debt and spend our lives in legal slavery. The re-packaging and selling of our mortgages during the bubble was not unlike a slave being sold and in most cases we were not even aware we had a new owner. It is not helpful to blame our creditors. Evil bankers have been used as attractive scapegoats ever since the first bank.

"We have met the enemy and it is us.";  Pogo

glenn kangiser

Sounds like a conspiracy to me, RW..... [waiting]

Ajax

Quote from: Native_NM on May 31, 2011, 12:27:20 PM
I read them.

Then you are also aware that none of them are as draconian as made to appear in the OP.  And with a little research, you'd be aware that 8 of them are no longer in effect.  Basically, the entire premise of the information is hogwash
Ajax .... What an ass.
muldoon

Native_NM

I found a website that had every Executive Order detailed, and most of them are useless.  There is some precedent that EO's were historically equivalent to Honorary Degrees.  I think if anyone ever raised a significant legal challenge to their modern usage they might just win.  They don't worry me too much either way.

Ajax

Ajax .... What an ass.
muldoon

Squirl

My favorite Executive Order 9066.

Executive Orders hold a little more power than honorary degrees.  And our country has a few instances of our own violations of the constitution with them.  Such as the internment of Americans of Japanese, German, and Italian decent.  If a society turns a blind eye when the law violates the rights of one American, it can be used to violate the rights of any American.  Someone is always willing to take away your rights if you are not willing to stand up for them.