Tax babies to save planet!

Started by Sassy, December 10, 2007, 01:35:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sassy

"COUPLES who have more than two children should be charged a lifelong tax to offset their extra offspring's carbon dioxide emissions, a medical expert says.

The report in an Australian medical journal called for parents to be charged $5000 a head for every child after their second, and an annual tax of up to $800.

And couples who were sterilised would be eligible for carbon credits under the controversial proposal. "

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,22899785-2,00.html
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

Homegrown Tomatoes

Good grief.
Is this China, or what?

benevolance

well this is mortifying...

Considering that if two people combine to have one child the world's population would be cut in half if everyone was like that...

And considering that in all developed nations there is a population decrease...I do not think taxing the developed countries for children is the answer... All of europe, America Canada and several other industrialized countries are decreasing their populations slowly now that the women have entered the workforce fully with great careers

What needs to happen is to spend 1% of the money we spend on war and weapon development worldwide on teaching young people in third world countries about birth control and family planning...If China and India reached stage 4 population growth where the population was slowly decreasing...The world would not be in any danger of food shortages any longer... Truly it is only China, India and a small group of african countries that pose a population threat to the globe...The rest of us should not be brought to bear for that...

StinkerBell

Irony is that a certain family members of mine can out door 4 adults in the emissions area............ ;)
Maybe a meter placed on the person  ;D

Sassy

Hey, now that's an idea  :)  or maybe hook up to the gas line  ::)

benevolance

MountainDon

Quote from: Homegrown Tomatoes on December 10, 2007, 02:35:16 PM
Good grief. Is this China, or what?
No, not quite. They're not proposing killing the kids.

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

glenn kangiser

Maybe not in so many words -- China may do it but the tax if enacted will probably greatly increase the number of abortions-- so same effect.  Just a guess.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

MountainDon

That's an interesting thought... I wonder what the official AU position on abortions is....? I don't feel like googling that.  [noidea'  My guess is it's no big deal for them.

But at the same time I say that, I do really wonder what's going on with couples who have more than 2 kids.

Yeah I've left myself wide open on yet another topic.  ::)

WTH
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

glenn kangiser

I guess I could explain in a PM if you require.  ;D
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

MountainDon

MountainDon

The pumpkin hour approaches. G'nite!

ScottA

QuoteBut at the same time I say that, I do really wonder what's going on with couples who have more than 2 kids.
I had 3 kids because the first 2 where girls and I really wanted a son. It's not that I don't ike girls or anything. Back when i was having my kids all this population stuff wasn't the issue that it seems to be now. I don't think not having kids is really the answer to our problems America is already at 0 population growth from births. Our population growth now is mostly due to imigration. I think this is one reason the government looks the other way at all the illegals comming in.

Sassy

Here's some quotes from the "mother of planned parenthood" interesting to say the least, shocking would be a better word  :o ya gotta wonder about where Hitler's philosophy came from   ???

Just one quote as an example:

On the purpose of birth control:
The purpose in promoting birth control was "to create a race of thoroughbreds," she wrote in the Birth Control Review, Nov. 1921 (p. 2)

http://www.dianedew.com/sanger.htm

benevolance

you know they say there is really no difference between mad man and genius...

If hitler won the war history would record him as a genius...

How sick and twisted is that? :-\

Homegrown Tomatoes

Quote from: MountainDon on December 11, 2007, 01:26:50 AM

But at the same time I say that, I do really wonder what's going on with couples who have more than 2 kids.

Yeah I've left myself wide open on yet another topic.  ::)

WTH

??? Well, Don, it's like this... couples with more than two kids have a TV, but don't watch it because the news is biased as well as depressing, so....

Really, though, whatever happened to the belief that kids are a blessing???  Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I still firmly believe it. 

MountainDon

I have nothing against kids; it's where we make our living.

But I do wonder about people who have several kids and they both work, placing the pre-K kids in day care, the others in after school programs while the two of them rush around working their jobs to pay for it all, including the "too much house" house, and all the other "must have" stuff that our parents waited to buy until they could afford to pay cash for.  :-\

Homegrown Tomatoes

I agree... I can't see working to pay someone else to raise your kids.  When I hear people complain that they can't afford to stay home (which makes sense if they are a single parent) usually they're driving nearly new cars which they're still paying on, living in a too big and fancy house, eating out, buying processed food when they do eat at home, and nearly every other budget buster I haven't remembered to list.  We made less that $15K a year, were not on welfare (though I was on WIC when the girls were little), and I was able to stay home with our two kids.  I figure if we could make it work, other people could too, but they just don't. Around here, our neighborhood totally clears out during the day, except for a few retirees...all the kids go to daycare or all-day kindergarten or school.  My girls get pretty lonesome for other kids to play with. 

StinkerBell

I agree with you HT. I got smart when I read a wonderful book by Amy Dacyczyn "The Tightwad Gazzette" That led me to other books independent thinking books.

peternap

Tough subject. As I say quite often "Too damn many people in my world"! Now that I've said that, I have two wonderful children. Both grew up to be a better adult than I am. I have my second grandchild on the way. I couldn't be happier.

I really think mother nature will take care of over population. We are an arrogant species that feels we are exempt from any laws of nature. I don't think so.

We're growing super bugs, aids is thinning out the ranks and lots of new strains of flu look promising.

This is one of my Smart A$$ comments I made the other day at Northern Tool ...but it has it's basis in truth.

I was arguing with the manager and said, it's really not your fault, it's the Governments.
She said..."Just why is that"

I said "because in my day, stupid people managed to kill themselves by age 12. They'd walk off a cliff or fall down a well or stand in front of a truck. Now the Government protects them with OSHA and a barrel of other laws. Then they grow up to be store managers"!
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

StinkerBell

MountainDon

benevolance

i vote that the best comment of the year man.... way too funny..

truth can be painful yet enlightening...

Peace

Homegrown Tomatoes

Sassy