Started by Windpower, August 11, 2011, 09:49:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windpower

I think it is time to fight back.

"There's class warfare, all right, but it's my class,
the rich class, that's making war, and we're winning."
– Warren Buffett, Chairman and CEO of Berkshire Hathaway

Abstract: Welcome to World War III

Despite increasing personal financial hardship, most Americans remain unaware of the economic world war currently unfolding. An all-pervasive corporate and government propaganda campaign has effectively obscured this blatant reality. After extensive analysis, it is evident that World War III is a war between the richest one-tenth of one percent of the global population and 99.9 percent of humanity. Or, as I have called it, The Economic Elite Vs. The People [18]. This war has been a one-sided attack thus far. However, as we have seen throughout the world in recent months, the people are beginning to fight back. The following report is a statistical analysis of the systemic economic attacks against the American people.

more here

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=25967

Often, our ignorance is not as great as our reluctance to act on what we know.

Sassy

http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

Windpower

Now here are some interesting stastistics from the IRS 

(emphasis mine)

"No income tax was paid by 1,470 of the 235,413 taxpayers earning $1 million or more in 2009, compared with the 959 taxpayers with million-dollar-plus incomes who paid no income taxes in 2007."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/08/04/us-usa-economy-incomes-idUSTRE77302W20110804

"To further demonstrate how the mega-wealthy have seized control our political process, consider that the richest 400 Americans paid 30% of their income in taxes in 1995, but they now pay only 18%"

Wealth ?

In total, US millionaire households have at least $45.9 trillion in wealth, the majority of this wealth is held within the upper one-tenth of one percent of the population.

If all this isn't obscene enough, to further demonstrate how the global economy has now been completely rigged, Deloitte's analysis predicated, based on current trends, that US millionaire households will see a 225% increase in wealth to $87.1 trillion by 2020. Accounting for wealth hidden in offshore accounts, they are projected to have over $100 trillion in total within the next decade.

Most people cannot even comprehend how much $1 trillion is, let alone $46 trillion. One trillion is equal to 1000 billion, or $1,000,000,000,000 [46]. To put it in perspective, last year the entire cost of feeding all 40 million Americans on food stamps was $65 billion [28].

Now consider, according to the latest IRS data, only 0.076% of the population, less than one-tenth of one percent, earned over $1 million [37] in 2009.

Squirl

Quote from: Windpower on August 12, 2011, 10:27:03 AM
"No income tax was paid by 1,470 of the 235,413 taxpayers earning $1 million or more in 2009, compared with the 959 taxpayers with million-dollar-plus incomes who paid no income taxes in 2007."

It's not always so black and white.  2008 was a massive downturn in the economy.  I know many people that may have earned $1 million, but paid little or no taxes from a loss carry forward from 2008.  Also the $1 million is gross income and doesn't account for the amount in losses from real estate in 2008 and 2009 (capital loss). There are other larger economic forces from 2007-2010, but in general you are right, the rich pay less in taxes.

I don't think they've seized control.  They were always in control.  The founding fathers were some of the richest people in the country.

Woodsrule

It is true that most of the Founding Fathers were rich, but nearly all of the signers of the Declaration of Independence were penniless after the war of independence. And, if Warren Buffett has suddenly become embarrassed over his riches, he can feel free to donate to worthy causes.

Ajax

Quote from: Woodsrule on August 12, 2011, 12:11:26 PM
It is true that most of the Founding Fathers were rich, but nearly all of the signers of the Declaration of Independence were penniless after the war of independence. And, if Warren Buffett has suddenly become embarrassed over his riches, he can feel free to donate to worthy causes.

Like this?
Buffett donates $37bn to charity   
Ajax .... What an ass.
muldoon

Woodsrule

Ajax, exactly like that. I was being facetious; some folks demand that all folks who are "rich" and therefore must be evil, should empty their bank accounts for the "less fortunate."

Windpower

not necessarily evil
just out of touch

a quick story

a friend of mine flies a Gulf Stream for (name of company deleted)

he recently flew one of the directors to London for a meeting/vacation with his family

So while Jeff sat in his hotel he had to buy his own internet since 'they' didn't think that the $10/day  was a valid expense for their captain chauffer

to put this in perspective he filled the Gulf Stream with almost $18,000 worth of fuel for the trip from UGN to LHR

Woodsrule

Out of touch, or just plain miserly? What a cheap (expletive deleted).

Sassy

This is an article from 1996 but pertinent to the topic of Financial Terrorism.  President Kennedy, the Federal Reserve
and Executive Order 11110
 http://www.sweetliberty.org/issues/eo/eo2.htm

Some new (actually old) facts are coming out since Carolyn Kennedy's decision to  the early release of her mother, Jacqueline Kennedy's tapes.  Her mom didn't want them released for 50yrs to prevent any back lash to her children & their families.  

http://www.businessinsider.com/jackie-kennedy-tapes-lyndon-johnson-assasinated-jfk-2011-8

There's lots of articles, I'm just citing a couple.

Financial terrorism - things haven't changed much since Rome  [waiting]

Native_NM

Quote from: Windpower on August 12, 2011, 02:05:27 PM

not necessarily evil
just out of touch

a quick story

a friend of mine flies a Gulf Stream for (name of company deleted)

he recently flew one of the directors to London for a meeting/vacation with his family

So while Jeff sat in his hotel he had to buy his own internet since 'they' didn't think that the $10/day  was a valid expense for their captain chauffer

to put this in perspective he filled the Gulf Stream with almost $18,000 worth of fuel for the trip from UGN to LHR

I believe the terms you like to use are "non-sequitur" and "logical fallacy".  I suggest they are applicable in this case.  Just saying...

New Mexico.  Better than regular Mexico.

Native_NM

Every time I hear one of these "the rich have too much" kind of arguments, I ask the same question:  How much do you think the rich should have?  What say you guys?

dug

QuoteEvery time I hear one of these "the rich have too much" kind of arguments, I ask the same question:  How much do you think the rich should have?  What say you guys?

I have never heard anyone here state that "the rich have too much". I have however read many posts that describe how the rich have too much because they are the ones who have rigged things in their favor. There is a crucial difference between these two points, one that you seem to miss.

dug

When I was very young (14-15 yo) my buddies and I used to get together a couple times a week to play poker, 25 cent ante. Two of the guys almost always won, and won big. I admired their intelligence and prowess and tried my best to study and emulate them, until one night when we caught them cheating. My best friend, a football and wrestling star, flattened one of them while the other ran out the door. Swift and effective justice.

Maybe we just should have just laid down and admitted that we rightly deserved to be cheated.

Sassy

Quote from: dug on August 12, 2011, 10:33:54 PM
When I was very young (14-15 yo) my buddies and I used to get together a couple times a week to play poker, 25 cent ante. Two of the guys almost always won, and won big. I admired their intelligence and prowess and tried my best to study and emulate them, until one night when we caught them cheating. My best friend, a football and wrestling star, flattened one of them while the other ran out the door. Swift and effective justice.

Maybe we just should have just laid down and admitted that we rightly deserved to be cheated.

[cool] heh

Native_NM

Quote from: dug on August 12, 2011, 10:11:23 PM
I have never heard anyone here state that "the rich have too much". I have however read many posts that describe how the rich have too much because they are the ones who have rigged things in their favor. There is a crucial difference between these two points, one that you seem to miss.

I'm not defending cheats or crooks.  Are you suggesting that everyone who succeeds is a cheat or rigged the system?  Millions of hard-working honest people might find that offensive.  

The formula for success in America has not changed for decades.  It generally involves determination, perseverence, hard work, and education.  And luck.  There is no caste system or secret club and handshake.  If you want it in America, it's there.  

There will always be people who have more than others.  There will always be those who need our help.  It's worked that way since the dawn of mankind.  

Native_NM

At 15 I was running a fairly successful lawn business. I earned a chunk of change by the standards then. I saved from day one.  My dad helped me open a retirement savings plan at USAA.  I still have that money. That must be some of the rigging you referred to earlier?

If I had any advantage it was parents who instilled in me a work ethic and morals and taught me the rules of the world.  I hope I have been able to pass those along to my kids.  My dad was my hero when I was younger in an era when you were supposed to hate your parents.  I miss him.

I've done fairly well, and yet one of my favorite sites is a forum that caters to simple living and self-reliance.  This forum.  There is a connection if you think about it.  Based on your posts and experiences, you should know exactly what I'm talking about.  You seem like a very hard-working and industrious man.  I'd wager you are better off than billions of your fellow man on our little blue planet.  Who rigged the system for you?

Windpower

you speak truth, dug

It is not  a level playing field

Native_NM

Quote from: Windpower on August 12, 2011, 11:15:23 PM

you speak truth, dug

It is not  a level playing field

How many acres on your place?  Does one man need all that?  Sell everything but the area your home is on and donate the rest to charity.  There are billions on this planet who would love to have a piece of the beautiful place you have.  Help level the playing field. 

Windpower

"How many acres on your place?" 

"Does one man need all that?"

maybe not but we are focused on helping people that do not have resources to grow their own food

"Sell everything but the area your home is on and donate the rest to charity.  There are billions on this planet who would love to have a piece of the beautiful place you have.  Help level the playing field"
"

We are working toward that .. a co-op of gardeners and animal husbandry
Water pumped by wind and solar, vegetables produced from heritage seeds
it is a difficult project but not impossible. We do not have unlimited capital as we are not millionaires but we believe we can make a difference

Oh and BTW what are you doing to level the playing field

Native_NM

Quote from: Windpower on August 12, 2011, 11:59:41 PM
"How many acres on your place?" 

"Does one man need all that?"

maybe not but we are focused on helping people that do not have resources to grow their own food

Oh and BTW what are you doing to level the playing field

Very admirable.

Me?  Nothing besides taxes.

peternap

You know.....I think that if you whittle some of the thorns of of you two, you'd find you both fit in the same hole.

NM, are you rich? That's an extremely relative question, isn't it? How about you Windpower?

What exactly is rich as it pertains to this discussion?

I am but by my standards. I have enough money to last my lifetime and my wife's. We educated our kids, helped them buy their houses and help along the way.

I have land and to me, it's never enough. I like isolation......but am I RICH bt the standards we're discussing? Hell no!

It takes hard work, good planning, luck and a lifetime to get rich.

It requires stepping on everyone else in the world to get RICH {Mega Rich) and I doubt hard work plays much of a part in it.
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

cbc58

QuoteI think it is time to fight back.

How do we do that? 

I just saw an article on Yahoo Finance that said the Pentagon couldn't account for 10 Trillion Dollars.  That's Trillion with a T.  Amazing. 

Native_NM

Sloppy bookkeeping is the norm in government.  Hyperbole and misinformation is the norm in the media.

cbc58

Let's just cut military spending in half and discontinue all medical and retirement benefits and perks for veterans... I mean it's that dept of the govt. that screwed up so it should be on them for not keeping tabs on their budget.  Let the vets go after the heads of the Pentagon and defense industry.

I thought numbers don't lie and if the money is missing or being wasted... that ought to wake people up to fixing he system.

To just blow off the possiblity that there is 10 Trillion missing by saying "that's govt for ya" shows the depths of the problems we face (and more importantly what our kids face).   Probably more than 10 Trillion missing and heaven knows what else they have mortgaged or squandered.