Give Bush a grade

Started by glenn kangiser, January 15, 2009, 01:08:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glenn kangiser

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28659165?GT1=43001

Give Bush his graduating grade.  From MSNBC

Looks like the people overwhelmingly decided he didn't do so well.  You can still add to his misery by clicking the above link as of 1-15-09

"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

StinkerBell

The Grades A through D is his own party honestly voting for him, whereas the failing grade is the opposing party who do not like him. I would suspect if a similar poll came out after the Monica Lewinsky issue with Clinton it would be similar.

MountainDon

I believe you may have a valid point with that observation.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

StinkerBell

Although I believe mistakes had been made by George while in Office I would still give him a C+ or maybe a B- because despite his errors, he was able to keep this country safe after 9-11. What I mean by safe is that we have not been attack here at home.

With that said, I think any president who tries to be middle ground will indeed fail. The other side will never give him credit even if he gives in because he is on the opposing side, and then his own side will be mad because he has stepped away from his parties values/definition. Oh yes, and if you are not the media darling you really have no hope. Big brother is not our government it is the media.

rant rant rant rant rant....

Bishopknight

I wish they had a grade lower than F

Redoverfarm

But even with that failing grade he would still graduate in this country.  ;D

MountainDon

Well, my own feelings are that none of our presidents have made all good decisions or all bad decisions. None.

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

NM_Shooter

"Officium Vacuus Auctorita"

peternap

A friend of mine who was the Commonwealths Attorney for a nearby city, told me one night while we were visiting a bar...."Nap, your an a$$hole, a likable a$$hole, but still an a$$hole."

I feel the same way about Bush. I expect I would have enjoyed going to school with him but as President, he gets

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Oh Don, Teddy was a pretty good one. Actually, the only good one..Bully, Bully! ;D
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

John_C

While I think we are about to go from the frying pan directly into the hottest part of the fire, I can't give Bush any better than a D.

For those who have rated him more highly how do you reconcile his disregard for the Constitution, the exponential growth of government by someone who campaigned for smaller gov't, and his unwillingness to fight for budgetary restraint.

Bad day for a question about government.  I had a property assessment hearing with the Equalization board this afternoon.  My assessed valuation went up 66%.  They admitted there were no comps in my area but basically said... "bend over". 

karnf

If we can't feel safe in our country nothing else should even matter for we have no future.
Thanks so much President Bush for following your convictions you felt in your heart to protect me and my
country even though you knew you would be scorned by many for your actions. History shall be kind for
your faithfullness to protecting our nation but so sad you aren't respected for it now.
Hey Guys; its probably not a good idea to discuss politics on this forum for it can bring up
some negative thoughts which is kind of putting a cloud over this otherwise great helpful site.
Lets stop the president bashing. Haven't we had enough the last eight years?
Government was designed by our forefathers to protect our freedom to live life where and how we
want not the other way around. We are a great group of people who choose to have a plot of land
and build a cabin where we want and can call our own and can enjoy the freedoms that so many have
fought and die for.

MountainDon

Ok, Peter I'll give you Teddy and I'll raise you (in no particular order) a George Washington, an Abe Lincoln and a Thomas Jefferson. Toss in FDR for WWII, not for his 'New Deal".

For worst, again in no particular order, James Buchanan, Ulysses S. Grant, Warren G. Harding, Millard Fillmore and Franklin Pierce.

I've purposefully left more recent presidents off my list as I believe a longer look back gives us a better understanding. I believe some folks over rate Ronald Reagan and denigrate Jimmy Carter a little too much, for example. 

Jochen

For me an F would be way to good. I see President Bush and part of his Government in one line with some of the most brutal mass murders modern history has seen. Can you really not see what he has brought to some parts of the world? I know and I'll never forget what kind of tragedy happened at 9/11. I worked in the Twin Towers myself for some time and lost some wonderful colleagues in this terrible attack.
But I have also lived and worked for nearly six years in the middle east as a young fellow after I had finished university. Mostly in Khoramshar/Iran and Basra/Iraq. Again, I made friends with some of the most wonderful people I have ever met. But most of them are dead now. Thank you Mr. President!

Jochen

MountainDon

I note that GWB's F score has risen to only 45% of the respondents now.

glenn kangiser

Quote from: Jochen on January 15, 2009, 10:11:16 PM
For me an F would be way to good. I see President Bush and part of his Government in one line with some of the most brutal mass murders modern history has seen. Can you really not see what he has brought to some parts of the world? I know and I'll never forget what kind of tragedy happened at 9/11. I worked in the Twin Towers myself for some time and lost some wonderful colleagues in this terrible attack.
But I have also lived and worked for nearly six years in the middle east as a young fellow after I had finished university. Mostly in Khoramshar/Iran and Basra/Iraq. Again, I made friends with some of the most wonderful people I have ever met. But most of them are dead now. Thank you Mr. President!

Jochen

Jochen, the mainstream media here does not report most of what you know, but I follow the alternative news - the news from other countries and where it is happening over the internet, and I have to agree with you.  Murder is still murder by any other name. 

Smart bombs, precision strikes, shock and awe, collateral damage...still all murder.  A bloody "F" in my book.

I can't give the outgoing administration credit for saving us from terrorists, as there is too much evidence that they at least allowed 9/11 to happen ...but the evidence points to much more than that.

Soon we shall see if the plan continues to be carried out.   Hey, how about that bailout... d*

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

lonelytree

I would rate him as a D-. Many things will be attributed to George Bush. MAny started many years before his terms. History will call him for what he truely is.

As of today (after years of supporting him) I rate him as a slacker with hidden agendas.

glenn kangiser

The plans that are being carried out are above all political offices and way larger than just the US.... still our puppets are part of it.  I can't give George credit for all of it...but he is a player.

Jens

Quote from: karnf on January 15, 2009, 09:39:37 PM
If we can't feel safe in our country nothing else should even matter for we have no future.
Thanks so much President Bush for following your convictions you felt in your heart to protect me and my
country even though you knew you would be scorned by many for your actions.
I agree, but disagree at the same time.  I think all the action taken was either very carefully engineered to seem protective, or ignorant to the suffering that actions like this manufacture.  I lean toward the former, with a hint of the latter, shaken, not stirred.

Hey Guys; its probably not a good idea to discuss politics on this forum for it can bring up
some negative thoughts which is kind of putting a cloud over this otherwise great helpful site.
Lets stop the president bashing.
depends on whether or not people decide to take others opinions as a frontal attack on their own.  If they do, I have probably offended many, and although I really enjoy discussing with all of you, I'm sorry, but that's your problem.  I'll be sensitive to the point of never trying to hurt anybody's feelings, but sometimes it still happens when you say what you think.
Haven't we had enough the last eight years?

I love the way my Libertarian friend Dino puts it, 'I hate it when people say "Bush sucks", why does he suck, "because he sucks &&&^", well why does he do that? "because he sucks"'  Sometimes people have no thought behind their feelings toward someone, but sometimes they should have something to back it up with.  Too much bashing perhaps, but most of it warranted, IMO.
Government was designed by our forefathers to protect our freedom to live life where and how we
want not the other way around.
In my experience, they work everyday to keep that from being a possibility.  There are even laws out there that kept us from renting a 2 bedroom house when we had 1 boy and 1 girl!  Nevermind that they were 4 and 1 year old!
We are a great group of people who choose to have a plot of land
and build a cabin where we want and can call our own and can enjoy the freedoms that so many have
fought and die for.
Never forget all the great "traitors", who spoke out against political injustices they saw/felt going on, I think they were called the founders of our country, but I may be fuzzy on that. ;D

Please don't think that I am trying to slam you at all, I agree with parts of what you say, and the intention (I think) behind other parts, but you helped my response reduce its typing!

As for our dear President, I give him a C+ I think.  First term B to A-, but after info was out (whether true or not), and he maintained his stance, it dropped a lot.
just spent a few days building a website, and didn't know that it could be so physically taxing to sit and do nothing all day!

glenn kangiser

In my opinion hiding from it and saying nothing only lets the guilty get away with their crimes.

Evidence points to the Bush administration using 9/11 to further their interests and at the least allowing if not assisting the event for profit.

I don't want to get into an argument about it with anyone here as I consider all of our members as family and like family I will try to convince you all to look at the evidence and open your eyes to the things that don't make sense if the event was an actual attack on us and not set up or allowed to happen for fascist profits and power.

I will continue to try to get people to look.  One of my young helpers who I taught construction about 6 years ago came up to me the other day and mentioned that guys at his work are now saying the same thing I have been preaching to him.  He just tells them, I knew that 6 years ago... Glenn showed me what was happening.

Hiding from it will not change the situation.  Only by opening our eyes to what  authority is up to and seeing that it is not good for our country, can we convince other citizens that real change is needed....not Osbama change.   Real change.  The criminals must be removed from power for America to once again becomee the country our forefathers knew. 

Not looking and avoiding the issues because they are unpleasant will do nothing.  Look, please.  Question, please.  Research the questions for the answers.

I am a pilot, and knew the minute it happened that it could not have been accomplished without inside help.  The standard safeguards would have prevented it from happening if they were not blocked by the stand down order from Cheney.  Bush was basically running around trying to keep from getting blown up as he was told the secret codes for his plane whereabouts had been intercepted by the "terrorists".  Wonder who handed the codes to them? hmm

This issue is still pertinent as the whole string of events we are experiencing now pivoted on the 9/11 event.  The financial crisis was already an issue and 9/11 may have averted attention from it but it was still on its way.  Look at the profits made from that alone.

Jens

To use a word that Bush invented, I am in "agreeance" with you Glenn.  We must look.  We must question.  We mustn't take for face value that our leaders have our best interest, or that of any other people in any other nation, at heart. 

For what he may or may not have done (it is all so convoluted and fuzzy) to keep us safe and sound, I salute Mr Bush.  For all that he did in the other direction, well, the people seem to have already spoken out in such a way that Obama was basically a shoein, just on the basis that he is not republican!  Whether it were he or Hillary, I think either of them would have won, because so many Americans are just sick after the last 8, and were scared of McCain.  I myself have my own reservations regarding the man, but think he would have made a fine president. 

Whether he did good, or bad, I think that it is important to recognize Bush's service to America, even if it was for more of a personal reason that he did the things he did, and even if he wasn't really thinking of us when he did them!  Being the leader of a nation can't be easy, and in the immortal words of Mr T., "I pity the fool!"
just spent a few days building a website, and didn't know that it could be so physically taxing to sit and do nothing all day!

peternap

I don't really talk about my real feelings about this much. It upsets people, but.......

We were attacked on 9/11, it's not the first time even though the Government acts like it was. The truth is, someone's been trying to bring that building down for years. These aren't rocket scientists we're dealing with and I have seen no evidence of an organized terrorist group trying to do a followup.

All I've seen were a bunch of clowns like the "Shoe Bomber" ::) more or less acting alone or with little guidance. Lord knows, it would be easy enough to hit hundreds of targets. Someone could stop a truck loaded with light explosives in the middle of the Hampton Roads tunnel, detonate it and kill hundreds of people while shutting down the Eastern Seaboard. Duh....why didn't these brilliant terrorists think of that

Bush used the attack and kept the fear going, to advance security programs. Why...who knows. Ask any cop and they will tell you it makes their job easier. It covers up all the real problems in thi country and helps to keep people on a short leash. Just ask Edgar Hoover!

No, Bush didn't protect us or lead us or do anything beneficial for this country. He's just an A$$hole. I decided that when he looked me in the eye and said "You will have to give up some freedom to stay safe" Not me Junior!!!!!!!!
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

ScottA

I gave the man an F though that was probly being kind. IMO he should be put on trial. A fair trial followed by a speedy hanging. If you haven't seen it you should watch the movie "The Siege". It does a pretty good job of explaing what's going on in our little world and what might happen if guys like Bush and company have their way. You can view it for free at hulu.com.

Bishopknight

Lets ask these people to give Bush a grade...

Families of 911 victims
Families of slain Iraq soldiers
Victims of Hurricane Katrina
Disenfranchised voters in FL and OH
Valerie Plame
Sick 911 rescue workers
1 million Iraq families who have lost a loved one
Detainees proven innocent who were beat and tortured at Guantanamo Bay
Osama Bin Laden - because hes still not captured

ScottA

I still say Osama is living in Crawford, Texas.

glenn kangiser

Osama was a CIA asset and was visited by CIA agents while ill in Dubai in the hospital in July of 2001.  There was a $2000,000.00 reward on his head at the time.  The meeting was tried to be kept quiet.  The reporter said the meeting was cordial - they were buddies.  We did not want him then...or now.

He was only a bogey man to be used to keep the sheeple in line.

A military intel friend of mine said he never knew Bin Laden to lie and Bin Laden said it was not him that did 9/11 - he said it was our government.

After that the lying tapes from our government production company started producing the fake Osama tapes and videos.  That way he would say what they wanted -- no matter that the tapes were fake -- they got the idea out to the sheeple and that was all that was required to get it into their tiny little minds.  From then on it was gospel.