How's the weather

Started by Redoverfarm, December 17, 2007, 11:09:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redoverfarm

Peter the pictures didn't show up for me.

MountainDon

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

MountainDon

and when I copy the url, I get.....

Old Virginia News

...News and Opinions. A Division of Old Virginia Rural Affairs
Quick Search
Not Found

Sorry, but you are looking for something that isn't here.

Warning: include(/hermes/web01b/b2132/moo.oldvanews/News/wp-content/themes/glazed/searchform.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hermes/web01b/b2132/moo.oldvanews/News/wp-content/themes/glazed/index.php on line 35

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/hermes/web01b/b2132/moo.oldvanews/News/wp-content/themes/glazed/searchform.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php-5.2.1/lib/php') in /hermes/web01b/b2132/moo.oldvanews/News/wp-content/themes/glazed/index.php on line 35

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

considerations

I can see the pics ok Redover.   Here it is just wet wet wet.  Warm (45F) :D and raining,  ok with me.

Abbynrml

It was almost freezing last night. Now it has warmed up to 60 degrees.
I just finished mowing my front yard. Its still green but not growing. Mainly needed to get the leaves off. Outta look good for Christmas.

Redoverfarm

Snow again.  Currently 22F with a 90% chance of 1-2" of snow today and 70% of 1-3" tomarrow with a high of 23F for the next two days.  I am so ready for spring but it is a long way off.

StinkerBell

glenn kangiser

Sorry about sending that snow again, John. 

I'll try to have the military stop seeding the clouds here daily... [waiting]

Whitlock told me the days are getting longer now. 

That is great. :)

I could sure use 25 hour days. [ouch]

"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

rick91351

Glenn I thought you said you were going to send some moisture up this way.  Must have turned right at Reno.  One little old rain and snow squall just don't cut it.  We need snow in the hills real bad.  I was up to the ranch and it had about a foot.  We need at least two to three feet right now for normal.  Please send no more than four feet however. It is a little warmer than it was.     
Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

glenn kangiser

hmm Hmm, Sorry Rick.  The boys seem to be directed toward blanketing the south lately.  I'll have to see what I can do about it... the north has been a bit harder to keep covered.  [waiting]

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

WoodSprite

Not much building happening here in upstate NY lately...16" of powder (where it hasn't drifted) on top of really thick ice, with lots more on the way.  We're holding steady at 8 degrees (which is warmer than the forecasters promised) with a -14 wind chill.  The deer chomped down all my baby hemlocks last night.

Really missing the northwest, and giant fir trees, and 2" frost lines...

The Chronicle of Upper Tupper
This place was made by doing impractical things we could not afford at the wrong time of year.   -Henry Mitchell

glenn kangiser

So much for global warming... poor Al should be made homeless soon..  [waiting]

glenn kangiser

StinkerBell

***WARNING POSSIBLE THREAD HIJACK***

Anyone else concerned about this crazy weather and our food supply?

southernsis

Cold here and possible snow this evening. Need some warm weather.
Don't worry about the horse being blind, just load the wagon.

glenn kangiser

Quote from: StinkerBell on December 29, 2009, 04:01:18 PM
***WARNING POSSIBLE THREAD HIJACK***

Anyone else concerned about this crazy weather and our food supply?

I think we are good for a few years.  They won't get us this year anyway... :)

The artificial droughts out here are going to mess with the food too - take the water from the farmers - give it to the fish... people are expendable.... [waiting]

Redoverfarm

Mother Nature payed us another visit last night.  She left us with an additional 2-3" of white powder and a temperature of 23F. 

glenn kangiser

rick91351

Thanks Glenn: The moisture you last sent arrived.  The snotel site near the ranch is showing another inch of moisture in the last 24 hours.  That is an  actual one inch of moisture!  It however does not report how it arrived i.e. snow, rain sleet or hail nor do we much care.  But one inch of moisture here in this area is a lot of moisture.

Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

glenn kangiser

Not a problem, guys.  I have the spray team up there nearly every day.  Seems they can cover the sky with trails in a very short time changing what would otherwise be blue sky and solar power in to clouds and snow for you.  I watch it everyday as too much of it and I have to run the generator.

For the last few weeks they have been making artificial thunder storms.

In this one the trails shading the ground cooled it and caused a low pressure area as the warm air rushed in to fill the pressure void.  The trails started from the left and ran the length of the storm to the right.   You can see them above the wispy extent of the artifical thunder storm.  

Normal thunder storms are caused by unstable warm air rising quickly and losing its ability to carry moisture.   It starts stable but it can be set off by ground obstacles such as foot hills starting it to tumble and rise.  The difference is that the horizontal cloud at the top would not be there as the energy is dissipated by the time the  thunder head is completely formed.     Air a short distance above the head is smooth normally.

They did it again day before yesterday I think.  Unnatural thunder storm in the Merced area with blue skies here.  

Another thing that is interesting about this fake storm.. How low and spread out it is.  It didn't have enough energy to get high like a normal T-stm, yet it was raining violently at the bottom.

Note that I studied weather for 3 pilots license examinations.  Private, instrument and commercial.  I was also head of the class... officially "My Best Student".  [waiting]  :)

Redoverfarm

The forecast wasn't as severe as anticipated. In reality the accumulation didn't materialize in the east (1").  Just cold temps (6F in AM) with a lot of WIND.  Now I am sure that came from you Glenn. ;)

Whitlock

Make Peace With Your Past So It Won't Screw Up The Present

StinkerBell

I thought glenntrails was something that sassy washed away from his underpants.....rofl

glenn kangiser

Very sick, Stinky, very sick..... [waiting]

You don't even want to get me started on toilet humor....

Wind, John, that is entirely possible... I had some of the best beans at Whitlock's the other day , then his wife thoughtfully sent me three more meals of them to share with Sassy.... :)