12x16 Timber Frame Cabin

Started by Whitlock, October 01, 2008, 12:32:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitlock

Sometimes to Glenn means if he is awake.
As for the meal lets shoot  for Thursday night. Hope you like venison [hungry]
Make Peace With Your Past So It Won't Screw Up The Present

glenn kangiser

"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

glenn kangiser

I'm sometimes even loud when I'm sleeping.... d*

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Whitlock

My photo bucket won't let me post pictures >:(
It says copied when I click on the link but when I go to paste it is not there ???

Any suggestions :-[

MountainDon

I have been experiencing the exact same thing recently. Try doing a right-click on the IMG link, then select copy from the drop down menu. (assuming you are on MS Windows).

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

glenn kangiser

Government computer tampering....  ::)

Whitlock

More likey from my tampering Glenn. It is fixed now all I had to do was hit it in the right spot heh heh
Was gone for a couple of days picking up some natural resourses to use on the interior of the cabin.
Going to post some pictures soon [cool] 

glenn kangiser

I was hitting mine for several weeks or more until hitting it wouldn't work any more.  Downloaded the HP repair manual free and fixed it in about 15 minutes or read and do repair.  Screen cable came unplugged.

I'm waiting..... :)

Whitlock

Here's the pile of natural resources I tore down yesterday and hauled home [cool]

I'm going to use the old lumber for the interior of the cabin.
Don't you love recycling heh

glenn kangiser

So -- I hope you saved the tin too.  What a neat place -- I could have lived in that as is.  d*

apaknad

so, if i am understanding you correctly... mr. i can build anything from nothing couldn't check his computer cable plug in? c*
unless we recognize who's really in charge, things aren't going to get better.

glenn kangiser

Dang it, Dan. heh

It was a monitor cable buried deep in the bowels of the computer under the switches and keyboard. [crz]

I knew it was coming loose and hitting it in the proper fashion would jar the plug back into the socket for a few hours of relatively uninterrupted viewing.  [crz] 

A frenzy of beatings could restore it again and again until finally I was forced to get out the book I printed out for just such a future emergency.  [deadhorse]

Why would I even consider learning where all of the hidden screws and latches were to get the keyboard, switch panel, memory and memory cover, etc all out of there to fix it properly until all was lost it it was impossible to resuscitate it with chest compressions and electroshock therapy? hmm

d* d* d*

Whitlock

Worked on the trim around the windows and the front door today.
Fells good to get back working on it again [cool]

I will be putting up the old barn board tommarrow. Hope to get some pitures 8)

glenn kangiser

Glad to see you are motivated, Whitlock. d*

MadisonsDad

Your an inspiration to guys like me. Hopefully mine can come out looking half that nice. Thanks for keeping me pumped with these great pics.

MountainDon

It's always good to have a door!   :D
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Whitlock

Quote from: MountainDon on October 28, 2008, 12:44:19 AM
It's always good to have a door!   :D

Or two Don.

I'm thinking about painting the front door white to match the windows.
What do you guys and gals think ???

MountainDon

???

How weathered will the wood door get, unpainted? Will that be a PITA for upkeep? Here in the desert anything other than paint on wood can be a maintenance nightmare. Up in the mountains the heat from the sun is less but it still is hard on clear type finishes.

Paint on the door would tie the appearance together.  ???

I'd probably paint it. It's not as if you didn't have any exterior wood other than the door.  :D

Whitlock

I'm with you Don,that it would tie the appearance together.
The bad part is it took me two days to take the white paint off of the door when I got it and now I'm thinking of putting it back on d*

As for the weather I'm going to add a rap around porch someday.

MountainDon

Quote from: Whitlock on October 28, 2008, 11:18:41 AM
took me two days to take the white paint off of the door when I got it and now I'm thinking of putting it back on d*

You'd be applying a vastly superior grade of new paint though, wouldn't you?    :D

Whitlock

That paint I took off definitely lightened up the door. Should of kept it to cast bullets out of heh

karnf

Hey Whitlock,
Not a white door fan but there is a picture gallery of a cedar board and batton cabin when you bring up
the home page of this site at the top of the page named Update and click Ca Cabin It has a front white single door with half glass and at the other end a double french door. It does look very nice but I'm thinking that the door you have wouldn't look as well as a regular painted door that has a smaller glass not the french panel type. Take a look and let me know what you think.

Whitlock

Thanks,karnaf That helped the two cabins are very similar.
Worked on the interior today putting up the old, twisted,bowed up, not square,barn board.
Until I ran out of square nails >:(

Here is the back of the cabin watch the first step out of that door heh

glenn kangiser

You need an ore car framework going to it. [idea]

karnf

Whitlock,
Also, you could paint the trim around the windows and door along with the door the same color.
I saw a small cabin that had dark green trim and door and look great. Check out the owner-building
projects here and look at the posting of the 30'x40' Earth Berm Solar House in Central Maine by
BishopKnight. Check out the little cabin 12x16 he built before he starts his big cabin.