Stoeger Shotguns?

Started by wildbil, February 17, 2009, 02:35:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wildbil

Does anyone have this brand of gun? I'm asking to see if anyone has first hand experience with the company and the quality of the firearm. http://www.stoegerindustries.com/firearms/stoeger_uplander.php I need a new pheasant gun. I decided that I want a good side by side 12 ga. because I like how it looks, I really don't like pumps, and it would make one hell of an intimidating home security system.
"A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine."
-Thomas Jefferson

Redoverfarm

Bill it is suppose to be a well made firearm.  It was owned by Sako and then Beretta.  Both companies are top notch IMO.

Squirl

I do not own this brand but I own a double barrel sxs 20 that looks just like it.  Mine has the double trigger though.  I prefer SxS also.

NM_Shooter

Seems like a great bargain.  Do you know if it has an inertial trigger or not?  I tend to shy away from them as they can be a tad unreliable.  I would not want an inertial trigger in a double gun used as a defense weapon. 

-f-
"Officium Vacuus Auctorita"

wildbil

I don't know about the trigger. I found a place that has them in stock and I'm gonna go see one tomorrow. I'll report back later.
"A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine."
-Thomas Jefferson

cordwood

You can check out what some owners have to say about them on a bunch of website dealing with CAS (cowboy action shooting) or SASS (single action shooters society) ;)
While at Wally World yesterday I saw a nice looking Mossberg O/U 12g for $447.00. Tomorrow I may look at it closer. ;D ;D

spellcheck says I spelled Mossberg wrong d* d* d*
I cut it three times and it's still too short.

cordwood

Quote from: NM_Shooter on February 17, 2009, 07:45:08 PM
Seems like a great bargain.  Do you know if it has an inertial trigger or not?  I tend to shy away from them as they can be a tad unreliable.  I would not want an inertial trigger in a double gun used as a defense weapon. 

-f-

You can be a convert ;D ;D ;Dhttp://www.bigridgegunsmiths.com/brsvcs.htm
I cut it three times and it's still too short.

Redoverfarm

I think their site has a forum.  Maybe just one sided but hey it could be like ours. Lopesided and may help. ;D

NM_Shooter

A bit of a tale of Stoeger woe... sounds like it ended up ok though.

http://www.washingtonflyfishing.com/board/showthread.php?p=291972

-f-
"Officium Vacuus Auctorita"

MountainDon

I do not know anything about the Stoeger although I will say they look good.

However, as far as being an intimidating looking home defense gun, it's true a side by side looks badass, but at a choice of 26, 26, 28", their barrels are too long.  For close quarter home defense shorter is better.

I realize you stated you don't like pumps, but maybe they deserve a second look. A gun like the Mossberg 500 has interchangeable barrels. I bought one last year in a special combo deal. I got an 18 1/2" and a 28" set of barrels on a synthetic stock model. With the plug removed you've got 5 in the magazine + 1 in the chamber.  Just a thought if "inside the castle use" is of importance.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.