Camp Hope~ It's started! (Ozarks)

Started by camp hope, August 01, 2007, 10:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phalynx

It was fun.  I hope Billie and husband understand.  Otherwise, they may hijack my thread and talk about me dropping the wall on my wife's leg...  :( 

glenn kangiser

Ouch -- I suppose she said it was your fault and you didn't have a leg to stand on..wait...she she was the one without a leg to stand on... hmm  I'm confuzed [crz]
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

glenn kangiser

...thinking about this a bit, Phalynx... I suppose it's not as funny now that the shoe is on the other foot.

I hope it's not on the one that was under the wall.  That could make it hard to get off. hmm

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

muldoon

what a great project, it must be "driving" you crazy to get it finished. sometimes I try to get things done, and I just cant "steer clear" of the distractions.

I'll not pun-ish you guys anymore, really - the project looks great! 

phalynx

I think we officially need a continuous pun thread.  All members can pun off another's.  A pun-off, if you will.  I really think my wife could get "a leg up" on the competition.  I'll go "break" the news to her.  She's not as quick as others, but she'll just "limp along" with the rest. 

Billie's husband can hopefully join in.  Performing a "hit and pun" if you will..

camp hope

[shocked] Oh you guys are hilarious!!! Im not mad...my hubby might be when he hears about it!! lol

To top it all off, (he's gonna hate me for sharing this...) but the guy that stitched his ear back together didn't do it right, and the end of it has healed back crooked! It's so sad!!

Yeah, it is a good thing we have a sense of humor, and can laugh at ourselves and life, cause we both would have lost it  [crz] by now, for sure! hee hee

glenn kangiser

Hey Billie - How much does a pirate pay for his earrings?

Hope I remember to come back with the answer to that -- or someone already knows.

phalynx

A "Buck an Ear"

Unless it's crooked....   THere is nothing worse than a crooked Pirate..

glenn kangiser

Arrr, You got it -- a buccaneer.

This has been running through my head since yesterday.

Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears;
I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him;
The evil that men do lives after them,
The good is oft interred with their bones.

camp hope

rofl That's pretty good!

Today he went back to the same hospital who originally tried to fix it, and they said the guy should have sent him to a plastic surgeon, so now he has to go to a plastic surgeon and have them rip it back open and fix it!!  [slap]
OUCH!!! Poor guy!  :(

On a 'building' note... we are going to attempt to get some work done this weekend!! Yeah!!!
Hopefully, we will get the stairs done. We have been kicking around different ideas. I still don't think he's decided exactly how he is going to do it! What do you suggest for our set up? Any ideas or pics would be appreciated!!

phalynx

I gotta get the joke in first, then I am going to look at the stair and post that.. :)

So the plastic surgeon is going to "rip-ear" it?

I guess that's what he gotta do, and sew on and sew on...     :)

On the stairs, was there a floorplan posted?  or did I just miss it?

camp hope

lol, that was good!

Um, no, we didn't post a floor plan, i dont think. the house is 24 x 24 and the stairs are in the middle of the house going up to loft, which is over half of house. (in between the kitchen and livingroom downstairs) so it's kinda gonna be a focalpoint of the home! (vaulted ceilings as you can see in the pics)

glenn kangiser

How about an L stair with a landing and 90 degree turn?  I don't have a complete pix in my head of it but went through the photos of the framing and that looked like it might work.  Just trying to think about what would be out of the way.

camp hope

;D Well, being the geniouses that we are  ???, it only took a few times to get our steps right!! lol
We plan on putting live slabs on the steps and putting log railing upstairs in the loft, and on the stairs. The railing here is temporary. The stairs will also be enclosed.

The tile is down on the coutertop. I still have to put it on the kitchen floor. Then I am going to put the grout on. The fridge is under the stairs, and the stove will be with a kitchen bar. We are putting a small kitchen cabinet on the side next to fridge, and a little bigger one on the other side at an angle. The bar will have log siding on the sides and a live slab on the top. It should be really pretty when it's done.  [cool]

glenn kangiser

Looks good, Billie.  I like the rounded slab style wall boards.

phalynx

Absolutely stunning.  You must be so proud!

camp hope

:) Thanks! Yes, I am very proud of my hubby. He had it all in his head  d*, and he has done a great job, even with all the trials he has had! He's never built a home before, so I think he's doing pretty good!!

We will be really happy to actually be able to LIVE in it full time. We just have to get the plumbing lines done and get us a bathtub, propane tank, etc... shouldn't be much longer! I'll keep you updated! Thanks for all the help and inspiration. This forum is great!  ;D

new land owner

I like your kitchen cabinets.  Where did you get them?

UperJoe

Was thi sthread and project continued elsewhere? I would love to see the completion!

MountainDon

Quote from: UperJoe on December 12, 2013, 06:26:00 AM
Was thi sthread and project continued elsewhere? I would love to see the completion!

No.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.