Tools

Started by sparks, April 26, 2008, 01:06:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparks

After many years of having tools scattered all over the country side and not a complete set any longer, I made a big decision to purchase a really nice combo set.....Craftsman....245 pcs.

After placing all the pieces in the new case (about an hour)...it occurred to me I'll never use two thirds of the new stuff.??  ???  d*
My vessel is so small....the seas so vast......

glenn kangiser

I did that too but think I lost a lot of it.

I found one that I cant lose and haven't lost any in at least a year or two.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=45951

4 layers deep in a blow molded case - a place for everything -- which is something I usually never have. ::)
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

ScottA

I got a real nice tool case like that years ago. Not sure what happened to the tools though.

Most used tools:

1. Channel Lock pliers
2. 4-way screwdriver
3. Cresent wrenchs 6", 8", 12"
4. Hammer
5. Torpedo Level
6. Swiss Army Knife
7. Sawzall
8. Skill Saw
9. Dewalt cordless drill
10. Stainless steel Coffee Cup w/ spill proof lid. (probly should have been #1)

Notice I didn't mention a shovel?

muldoon

I have looked at that exact 245 piece set at sears, it's sweet.  But I have a philosophy on tools, I try not to buy anything until I cannot hold off any longer and need it to complete a project.  Then I try to buy the best tool I can and just write it off as a cost of that project (mentally that is).  Over the years I have gathered a decent set of tools but there are still alot of things I wish I had.  I wish I wasn't too cheap to get a nice laser level for one thing...  I have wanted one for years but never been in a situation where I couldnt get by with either a 4' level, turpedos, or some clear hose and water.  Once day I'll need it and get to buy one  :D ...

When I am working in the country I consider a shovel to be part of the "bathroom" essentials

Redoverfarm

muldoon A couple yers ago I saw a CST/Berger 20X builders level and tripod which I thought I would need in the future.  Went ahead and bought it at a price of $190.  Proved I was right about needing.  Have used it relentless since then on several projects.  I think it was at Harbor Freight.  I usually only buy namebrand products that they advertise.  Bought some off brands by them and they didn't last.