Fauxtos

Started by Gary O, August 23, 2011, 09:55:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary O

Quote from: MtnDon on November 10, 2011, 10:19:45 AM
I love Calvin & Hobbs.

Well, shoot, Don...missed yer post
PULLEEEZ, apologize to Calvin for me
I'm enjoying all that I own, the moment.

"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air." Emerson

MountainDon

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

carroll

;D :)   :)  Y 'all crack me up!   I'm still packing up for Friday's trip to Taos, so I just stopped by for my daily chuckle -- I'm going to have to learn how to mix and match photos once I get back . .  .

Good one, Don -- and Gary, I loved the Opera owl -- if my dad were still alive, I'd have to send him a bunch of these (he was a hunter, although not of deer, usually -- the antlered 'hunter' would have made him laugh!

:)
carroll

Gary O

To Taos, aey....packing yer easel or skis?

Yeah, the standing deer pic sent my mind back to Larson's vultures......

fauxto of the day

rick91351

Gary are you referring to the Bhopal disaster?  For those that were too young to really take it all in when it occurred.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bhopal_disaster

Interesting they were also involved in the Hawks Nest Tunnel Disaster right here in the good old USA.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawks_Nest_Tunnel_Disaster
Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

Gary O

Actually, just generalizing on how rife things were back then, and the blatant UCC ad hit me smack between the eyes, so just had to couple it with Nike's 'just do it' slogan...seemed quite fitting.

But great examples, both.....ah yes, the good ol' days

Gary O

a continuation of old ads revisited

fauxto of the evening

carroll

So if Max Factor/Protractor started/exacerbated this whole slave to perfection that the American culture seems to suffer from, does that make us all math nerds?  Hee, hee! 

And I am lousy at math!  Unfortunately for my building non-skill talent . . . .

PS  And I'm going to Taos to look at a straw bale house there that I might want to buy -- I moved from NC to CO almost two decades ago -- figured I might as well check out what's farther on . . . . but, don't know if I'll get down there Saturday or Sunday now, because of weather.  I don't ski or paint -- but I'm going to be car camping, so it'll be an adventure, at least!  (And I'm going to the library tomorrow so I'll have lots of books to read by flashlight . . . .  I just hope the batteries work well in the cold.)

Gary O

Well, you and my bride should get together, seems your and her adventuresome spirits are one.
She'd love for me to build her a straw bale house........
However, wood is a very forgiving medium for me...straw, not so much.
I'm sure she'll be popping in on your adventure and cheering you on.
...and she too is a bibliophile...........has a few thousand books of which she's read and plans on reading again one day. I have about 50, of which I've read two (they have pictures....and pop outs).

Fauxto of the day

Gary O

fauxto of the evening

Gary O

Gary O

one more old ad, then movin' on to a better genre

fauxto of the evening

firefox

The ties that bind?
Bruce & Robbie
MVPA 23824

Gary O

A wry, sinister twist develops as the firefox emerges from his winter den....torturing the blocked mind of a kindred soul.

Truth, I can usually rise outta the lazyboy, stroll thru the den, thru the french doors to the deck, peer at the sky, and presto, run back to the keyboard and peck madly away..with both fingers.
It's been a month now, and my pennings are twaddle.
I have the skeleton of a mystery/drama...a good one, a pretty damn good one, and can do nothing with it......nothing.................

Gary O

Gonna try something here.
I call this 'grey' humor, not dark or gallows humor...however all the same not so much funny, but more a different slant of entertainment.
Comments, good, bad, ugly, are solicited

Memorex guy, a very brief bio

First of a six part series (yeah.... you've seen this one.....just don't wanna bust up the continuity, malarkey needs all it can get...work with me)

Fauxto of the day (part 1 of 6)

firefox

Having never had a television in my entire life, I missed these adds. I am trying to make
the leap between these adds and reels of magnetic tape. I think I came out of my lair too soon.
Bruce & Robbie
MVPA 23824

Gary O

Well, this ignotechapotamus is still stunned by the ability of grooves in vinyl making beautiful sounds...so I gotcha beat, Mr Fox.

Funny thing, technology....a couple years ago I ventured into the mega electronics store to get one of those gizmos that transfer VHS to DVD....$200....transfer all our family VHS stuff and save forever...good plan.
I asked the whizbang geekoidal sales kid if the VHS side had four heads...he had no idea what I meant......

Oh, and after a fun filled afternoon of manual reading and transferring that data to the compartment where my brain used to be, and then back out and down my arm past my elbow and to my button pusher, I was able to get tape one transferred. Replication of process has never been my strong suite, so sometime before the witching hour and a multitude of vain attempts to yield DVD two, I transformed myself back to something acceptable by mainstream society and slunk off to bed....greatful beds are not yet electronic

Gary O

part two of six

fauxto of the evening

Gary O

part three of six

fauxto of the day

Gary O

part four of six

fauxto of the evening

Rob_O

Quote from: firefox on December 04, 2011, 03:20:34 PM
Having never had a television in my entire life, I missed these adds. I am trying to make
the leap between these adds and reels of magnetic tape. I think I came out of my lair too soon.

This may help

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DP89iMe0BY

*cool, it works*
"Hey Y'all, watch this..."

Gary O

Gary O

part five of six

fauxto of the day

Gary O

part six of six (last of the exercise)

fauxto of the evening

firefox

Thanks Rob_O.
I think I know what they mean by "raised in a briar patch".

Nice touch Gary with the insurance plug.

Bruce
Bruce & Robbie
MVPA 23824