Who is Ron Paul?

Started by glenn kangiser, December 24, 2007, 11:23:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glenn kangiser

Looks like a lot of Americans are tired of the same old crap.

Most of the time the Main Stream Media leaves Ron Paul out of polls.  Here is why -- AOL is currently doing one and he is nearly double everyone else.  Big business and big government are not going to tolerate him well if at all.

A pix of the poll as it stood a bit ago.

Hope this link works right.

http://news.aol.com/political-machine/2007/12/21/straw-poll-dec-21-jan-4/?ncid=NWS00010000000001
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Sassy

Lots of people seem interested in him, he's got a huge grass-roots following but the MSM all but ignores him.  When an article is written about him or someone talks about him on TV they will always say "but he's only getting 2-4% in all the polls".  I'm wondering "which polls", just about every one I have seen, he's had the highest percentage of votes.

Why the blackballing?  Makes you wonder...  Maybe he has a message the "big boys" don't like? 

Anyway, since we are getting close to the primaries, here's a link to Ron Paul's website

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/ 

for anyone who is interested in what he stands for.  Just about all politicians make me sick, but he has a refreshing message - one that the founders of our nation would be proud of & be able to stand behind.  I've studied them all & don't see any of the others supporting the constitution.  Even if they say they do, all you have to do is look at their history & see what they're really all about...

Are the globalists out to get Ron Paul?
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

desdawg

I just finished reading this month's "Money" magazine. There were two articles about the Presidential Candidates, one looking at their plan for Social Security and another taking a look at their personal finances. Ron Paul's name wasn't mentioned in either one. Ticked me off.
I have done so much with so little for so long that today I can do almost anything with absolutely nothing.

glenn kangiser

I know what you mean, desdawg.  The only reason I posted the above info was that I was real surprised to see his name actually listed and he was beating the pants off everyone else.

There were idiots commenting about bots  voting for Paul (computer robot programs) however the vote above was not able to be corrupted by bots because they used the same security we use here -- a picture that bots can't read with numbers and letters that has to be typed in by a person. 

Main stream media is trying to ignore him - surprised me to see AOL/ Time-Warner allow a poll with him on it.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Sassy

ScottA

Well luckily the MSM doesn't control the internet yet.

benevolance

well in the end it does not matter...I cannot possibly fathom America voting for a republican candidate...so even if he won nomination I think he would be wasting his time...All republicans are in my opinion..

that is not to say Paul would not make a good president..I think he would... Just that Bush has been so terribly bad that America is sick of right wing nut job politics and most people think that voting for any democrat will restore America to how it was pre Bush.. which is a huge mistake in my opinion... There are crooks and thieves to the left as well as the right.

I was shocked that a guy like paul would not run as independant green party or even democrat...He is getting blackballed because he is not a republican in any way shape or form...Other than his conservative views on Abortion maybe.

Not wanting to play ball with Mr. oil, or Mr. war machine, will get you blackballed by fox news which is over 40% of american media

sparks

Hi, Most people I speak to have never heard of Ron Paul. We have time, I hope?!!
My vessel is so small....the seas so vast......

benevolance

The one thing on the side of Paul is that there are no other strong republican candidates...Rudy is an idiot...A bush lackey! Huckabee seems a nice guy..No money though... Romney is a waste of oxygen...So is Fred Thompson....So the complete ineptitude of the other candidates might be what allows Paul to make a race of this even though he will not get national promotion in the news or media

desdawg

I arrived at my son's house yesterday for Christmas dinner and right there in the middle of the front yard was a "Ron Paul" sign. Warmed my heart. My DIL is not of the same opinion so they will cancel each others vote. LOL.
I don't put much faith in the early polling as an indicator. Many people will not get fired up until the time to vote draws nearer.
I have done so much with so little for so long that today I can do almost anything with absolutely nothing.

Homegrown Tomatoes

My cousin works with film and radio and he sent me a PSA type announcement he'd filmed for Ron Paul the other day (for me to critique).  I think electing Ron Paul would signify a revolution of sorts in this country.    Would like to see it happen...but wonder how many of the people voicing their opinions now are actually going to get out and vote.  My husband voted for the first time last year as an American citizen, and he was appalled at how low the voter turnout was... he couldn't understand why Americans  take the right so lightly.

phalynx

Unfortunately, you can't believe an online poll.  They are very easily manipulated.  The thing that's interesting about Ron Paul supporters is that they are REALLY fired up.  You hear them scream, you see their signs, etc...  They REALLY want Ron Paul.  The reality is there aren't that many of them.  It's the vocal nature of his supporters that makes that poll's results different than others.  His supporters will spread the word of that poll and have everyone vote as many times as possible (as with all online polls on any topic) and the numbers show it.  However, in the real world, very few know who he is.

Ultimately, I believe he is there to secure the democrats a place in the presidency.  If he wins the republican nomintaion (long shot), no one will vote for him.  If he doesn't win the nomination, I believe he will run as an independent.  Performing the exact thing that Perot did years ago.  He isn't there to divide the country, he is there to divide the repubican side.  Thus, the deomcrats will have a majority.

With Ron Paul and with Hillary for that matter, there are FAR too many people who will REFUSE to vote for them than to vote for them. 

MountainDon

As for online polls I generally ignore them or take them with a grain of salt.  I have on occasion, when it's something I'm passionate about, voted more than once on an online poll.  :o   
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Erin

I wish they could compare him to the Democrats, also.  I realize he's actually a registered Republican, but ideologically he's a Libertarian. Which means there are many things he believes in that have been appealing to Democrats, too. 
The wise woman builds her own house... Proverbs 14:1

phalynx

Erin,  isn't it true how that works?  it's like there is a full circle.  If you are Lebertarian, you are just 1 step away from the green party..   I always thought that was interesting.

MountainDon

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

phalynx

Those 2 tests are hillarious.  The questions they ask easily identify the questioner.  I know exactly where I stand politically and the tests assume entirely too much.  For instance, there are several questions that I answered a certain way that by the very nature would not allow me to be a libertarian.  However, it scores them as irrelevant to the libertarian movement.  Either way, it was really funny.  Basiscally, the test is framed for you to be a libertarian.....

StinkerBell

I have seen at least one Ron Paul sign in my neighborhood. I live in a very very liberal state and liberal area in general. It made me smile.

desdawg

The longer test made me think a little. We are so conditioned to government performing certain functions that I had a little problem with some "what if" scenarios. As in all thing the pendulum could swing too hard......
Back in the day of the John Birch Society there was a commie behind every bush and tree. They were very extreme and wore themselves (and me) out trying to interpret something that wasn't there into every newspaper editorial written. As usual we can use some of their ideas to achieve a better balance because we have gone too far in other directions. Too many agencies have too much power and are too extreme. They need to be toned down but not necessarily abolished. And by the same token we have allowed too much and given away too much.
History is full of examples of organizations gaining too much power and having to be brought back down. The labor movement is a good example. Working conditions were bad and people were mistreated. We went from that to Unions that became too powerful. Somewhere in the middle is the best answer. But I suppose it takes some level of extemism to get that pendulum swinging the other way.

MountainDon

The pendulum gets stuck at times.

Haven't heard the name John Birch Society in a while... a long while.

desdawg

I haven't either Don. Late 70's, early 80's maybe? A pretty extreme anti communist group.

MountainDon

Whoa! Did a Google and the JBS came up as still alive. Founded '58. All I remember is they were very extremem anti communist. I was/am too, but I thought they were a pretty scary group back then. Back then I thought they were sort of evil. Reading some of their website today has me wondering, puzzled....  ???

http://www.jbs.org/

From their "principles" page....
The John Birch Society endorses the U.S. Constitution as the foundation of our national government, and works toward educating and activating Americans to abide by the original intent of the Founding Fathers. We seek to awaken a sleeping and apathetic people concerning the designs of those who are working to destroy our constitutional Republic.

desdawg

Back in the late 70's I had a neighbor who was a member so I attended a couple of meetings just to see what it was about. Like most causes the supporters get a bit radical. I decided it wasn't my cup of tea.

Sassy

ELECTION 2008
Ron Paul: $20 million shows 'starvation' for his message
Cash coming from Americans 'not looking for government to take care of them'

Rep. Ron Paul says the surprising $20 million he is projected to raise this quarter in his bid for the White House shows "there's a lot of starvation out there for a different message."

"Our focus on the Constitution, defending our borders and the whole idea of assuming responsibility for themselves appeals to millions of Americans who are not looking for government to take care of them," the Republican presidential candidate told WND in an interview in Iowa.

Paul contended his campaign – a grassroots movement that comes, he argued, from his message, not from mainstream media focus or campaign hype – enjoyed the most dedicated support in either party.
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=59409

desdawg

Considering what it costs to run a campaign I would be upset at not being included. Not to mention that it is a real slap in the face.
There are a lot of people looking for a different message, I would certainly agree with that. The next question is does he have the right message and are there enough people? I really hate seeing him be dismissed as a non-candidate by the financial community. Money talks.