Progress!

Started by timj, December 29, 2011, 07:47:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

timj

I know it is going to fall over, cave in, and generally won't work period, but I have received several emails asking for a progress update before it falls over. So, here goes..........

waterbug

The pictures look good and you are making great progress.

Redoverfarm

Timj the cabin looks good.  I doubt that it will fall down.  I think that once you get a front porch it will balance it out.  What are your plans to treat the outside?  You really need something to protect it.  I used a semi-transparent oil based stain.  I didn't want to cover the grain and knots completely but wanted to tone it down some to make it blend with the logs and landscape some.  Nice job.

Sassy

Looks very nice  :)  You've really made some good progress!  Thanks for posting new pics.
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

Barry Broome

Tim! I have a few things to tell you. No... I'm not surprised its still standing - I always figured you knew what you were doing. BTW, me and some others have been following your progress at 'another' forum. I don't know how I found you on that other site but it happened weeks ago so I've been keeping track of your build - and I must admit it has been very educational seeing your build with green lumber. I think the only concern that some here had was that you used 9 posts under your 20X20 cabin. It was a bit of a spread ya know. Granted... I don't actually know what I'm talking about but if you knew me you'd just laugh anyway.

Well thanks for the update... but truth is its no update for me as I've been following you anyway!

Take care and Happy New Year!!
"The press, like fire, is an excellent servant, but a terrible master."