Our Tiny (10 x 12) Cabin

Started by Gary O, July 31, 2011, 09:19:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glenn kangiser

Well, Gary, I consider myself to be normal and the rest of the world's digestive systems to be abnormal... [noidea'

......and I know this is nothing to brag about or be proud of, but I did once make my ex throw up.... possibly she had a weak stomach though.....

The worst thing she ever did was change messy kids diapers and may not have been used to it.... [waiting]
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Gary O

[rofl2] rofl [rofl2]

I've made grown men weep, and the wife wash herself, but hork chips (?), I can't say I've gone there...yet...unless self induced counts.........
One time I had this tiny office during a brief stint as a warehouse manager.
I'd just wolfed down a large taco salad.
And immediately developed this surging gurgling thing somewhere in my large intestine.
I call it pre-fart assurance syndrome.
Having a bit of human traffic near my tiny office, I closed the door.
Just me and it.

This freight forwarder sales lady darted her head in...it took just a half second. Her head snapped back like I'd just popped her with a sharp jab, shutting me back in with my sordid self.
I heard choking and gasping, and rather hurried high healed steps fading at a rapid gait....so she coulda horked......
I'm enjoying all that I own, the moment.

"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air." Emerson

glenn kangiser

Hork chips?........ I think it is ....Blew chunks, Gary...she blew chunks..... [waiting]

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Gary O

You could be right...

lap lung butter
whistle beef
blow beets
order up pavement pizza
open the cudgates
burp borscht
prepare dinner for a racist
quake one's gizzard
Replicate the chalupa
Sneeze cheese
Technicolor Yawn
lick the lumps

it all works for me

glenn kangiser

So, how's that cabin going, Gary?   rofl

Gary O

Cabin???!!
Oh crap, I'm on my tiny cabin thread.
Looks like a page dedicated to degeneration for sure.

Say g'night Gary

glenn kangiser

glenn kangiser

I don't want to make a big deal out of this and ruin your thread, Gary. but I just have to say...

I'm working out on the road again tonight and had dinner at Denny's.

A guy was walking into the restaurant wearing white pants.

All I am saying is as he walked by, I could not stop myself from checking.... no touch.... just looked.... [waiting]

Rob_O

"Hey Y'all, watch this..."

rick91351

Quote from: Rob_O on December 05, 2011, 10:54:56 PM
Never trust the grand slam

How do you think it got that name!   :D
Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

Gary O

Quote from: glenn kangiser on December 05, 2011, 10:08:50 PM
I don't want to make a big deal out of this and ruin your thread, Gary. but I just have to say...
  [waiting]

Well, my brother Glenn, that is quite thoughtful of you, and would've had some credence if expressed, oh say A DOZEN PARAGRAPHS AGO!
But, n-o-o-o-o-o, since we tend to feed off each other, and get into a frenzy of netherworldy discussion, I now must contribute.

You are obviously not a man of the cloth....at least in the white raiment dept, but probably lean toward pants of camo, so are found without blemish in the eyes of the lowered.

However, I cannot say the same goes for me.
In my youth, working jobs that covered me with mud, grease and oil, a little accident was very inconsequential......'let it dry and pick it off, we've got pipe to lay, son' was the mode of the day.

But of late, in my sedentary office job, things have been a bit different. Even though I've been grandfathered in, and my wranglers are acceptable, most wear casual dress clothing, most women in nylons and heels.
Herb, our aging engineer, was the exception. If he'd be seen walkin' funny down the hall, it was just due to one of his weekly 'events'....but that's another story.

One fine morn' I was innocently typing away, having had raisin bran for breakfast, and a bit of a cough from a nagging cold.
An hour before a marathon meeting, I was touching up profound thoughts and arguments, when I gingerly leaned starboard, to relieve a bit of pressure. This procedure, coupled with an ever so slight cough, yielded something a few clicks past a prairie dog. There are moments in one's life that require astute thought process. Do I settle back in my chair with confidence that all is well, or do I rise and make my way to the oval office?
Turns out settling back into the chair was not the better option.
I made my way down the hall with quick, mincing steps, stopping in the stockroom for a plastic baggy, a large plastic baggy.
My favorite stall became my Clark Kent change booth.
Going commando was my only option.
Yes, Lois, there really is a Pooperman.

Later that evening, as my bride prepared a load of laundry, she noticed a little sumpm in my wranglers......
'Hey, sweetie, have a rough day?'
'Just the usual, dear, why do you ask?'
'Oh, no reason, except for a couple little brown coins in the crotch of your pants...'
'No worries baby....keep the change'

Before any readers shriek in disgust, those of you without ever having had spot or blemish may toss the first coin..............

cabingal3

hello everyone.i dont want to start my own thread cause it will just be more of the same as Gars.I am excited as we will be heading up to our woods for xmas.Just me and the mister.

I have long dreamed of being up there at xmas and us being in our cabin in the middle of a snowstorm.We have never been there in a big snow or a little snow for this matter.I have some cornish game hens i am taking to put into my little camp stove oven.I so wish we could purchase some shakes to put on our outside kitchen walls...that is if there is no snow and we can not burn all the slash piles out there.I guess he is taking the camcorder.i am scared.He is as wild with the camcorder as his mind is with words.i will  have to bolt the outhouse door and put make up on and wear it every second...out of fear of being cammed in my sleep with my mouth open or the camcorder peering up in my nose.have a good day all.
there is always hope

cabingal3

been getting ready for the cabin trip.been secretly making the mister a favorite.its cranberry conserve.he loves this stuff.got it canned up and hid.gonna be a xmas gift for him at the cabin.we are opening gifts there that we have for each other.it will be so fun and it will look so good n my cabin kitchen.
there is always hope

cabingal3

All i really need n our kitchen is to have the mister put in a couple of shelves under my counter top.
and that will come i am sure.Then i am taking this old catalog i got from a montgomery wards. A replica from the 1800's and i am going to tear out each paper of the sales in it and wall paper it to my kitchen walls.the mister said he has a shellac i could use to put a finish on it.I am going to tear out the pages that have old wood stove for sale and wood cook stoves and baking pans and pots and all things such as this and that is what wil be on my kitchen walls.it will look cute i think.

right now i am just happy to have shelter and not have to go outside to cook in temps like 9 degrees which is what it has been of late...
there is always hope

cabingal3

I saw Glen and Sassys zip line and told the mister this is what we need.Our pump to get water is across the way.A bit too far to go thru the snow to get water...A zip line could get us over and back pretty fast.Gar seems to like this idea.i hope we can do this one day soon.
thanks guys for the good ideas u have there and fun too. c*
there is always hope

cabingal3

:)Well did my posting for a time.will check in.just thought i would show Gars better half.hee hee hee.have a good day all.
there is always hope

cabingal3

HERE HE IS. my builder man.I look at his building skills like he is mr santy claus.
Of course i am the elf.working and digging to get the foundation going.Haul all kinds of lumbers and hold them as long as he uses his brain and i,my gopher skills-we are good. [cool]
there is always hope

Gary O

Quote from: cabingal3 on December 09, 2011, 10:58:36 AM
been getting ready for the cabin trip.been secretly making the mister a favorite.its cranberry conserve.he loves this stuff.got it canned up and hid.gonna be a xmas gift for him at the cabin.we are opening gifts there that we have for each other.it will be so fun and it will look so good n my cabin kitchen.

AHHHHHHH-HAH!!!
So the mystery is revealed!
You're right, I'd never have guessed....been too long....w-a-a-a-a-y too long.....but I can still taste all the goodies in that conserve.....if I recall, there was some nuts, and some tart things (citrus sumpm) along with the cranberries and whatever other magical amalgamation that made heaven on homemade bread, toasted ......
M-M-M-M, yeah, gonna be an extra good Christmas this year.
Now don't go givin' any away....those four little jars aren't gonna get too far as it is.
UH, do you need anything from the store on my way home for the home made bread?
Here to help

cabingal3

its only fair u know cause i already know u are getting me this for xmas for cabin living.heehee.
the only thing i need from the store is something on this thread u may have to pick up from the store. ;)
hee hee.hint hint.
we have a housefull this weekend mister.sorry.see u soon.
there is always hope

Gary O

Ah, I get it....a little 'pot' (nudge nudge, wink wink)....
Wait, oh-h-h-h-h, a big pot.
A 'spyder' whyever they call them that.
Yeah, no surprises this year....just anticipation (and that's the goody to savor)

Houseful??? Do I know these people?
When will they leave, and where will I be in the meantime?
Juuuuust kidding.
Keep 'em outta my conserve!! (not kidding)

CjAl

that  cranberry mix looks good. i love cranberries, i grew up all around the cranberry bogs. of course my texan wife never saw one before she met me. she thought cranberries grew in the shape of a can.

Gary O

Hey CJ, my southern bride was a military brat, so her culinary skills are varied.
That cranberry stuff is of the gods; raisins, oranges, peels and all, walnuts, and other mysterious delectables.
I did a little driving up in the peninsula and delivered equipment to Ocean Spray. Used to tank up on their cranberry juice right outa their processer. Nothing like the stuff in stores. Guess it's like that about all produce...southern cal citrus, Texas melons, pecans, figs.....seems seafood is the same....Loosiana shrimp, Oregon salmon....

Yeah, marryin' my southern lass has made a big man outta me.
Careful now, yours'll do the same.

Sassy

Quote from: cabingal3 on December 09, 2011, 12:12:14 PM

HERE HE IS. my builder man.I look at his building skills like he is mr santy claus.
Of course i am the elf.working and digging to get the foundation going.Haul all kinds of lumbers and hold them as long as he uses his brain and i,my gopher skills-we are good. [cool]

cabingal, that's how I look at my guy & my gopher skills are pretty good, too...  done my share of digging, jackhammering, de-barking, carrying, holding, cleaning, sanding, finishing...   :D 

We used to have to trek about 70 yards to the little powder room over-looking the valley - I got lots of exercise that year  ::)  It didn't have any walls, ya jist looked out over the world from our mountain ridge...  that is, until Glenn mooned the California Overnight man  rofl rofl   You'll have to ask him about that  heh heh

BTW, that cranberry stuff looks mighty tasty!  Have a Merry Christmas!  Don't get snowed in for too long, I need my fix of fauxtos!
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

CjAl

Quote from: Gary O link=topic=10982.msg149086#msg149086
Yeah, marryin' my southern lass has made a big man outta me.
Careful now, yours'll do the same.

too late, im on my way back down now before i cant pass my physicals anymore.

my wifes family is all cajun and shes from groves tx. so i get a good mix, and shes a very good cook. she would love me to "DEATH" if im not carefull. it got down to high 20's the other day. this big pot of chicken n sausage gumbo and potatoe salad sure warmed me up good. i think its time for a pot of chicken dumplins now. :)

cabingal3

CjAl-lucky you.living in the Groves and married to a cajun gal.
i could eat some boudin right now.oh my!I awitched over to yankee foods once i got up north with my mister.sure do love to go to my sisters house in texas and get gumbo and have shrimp boils.i am trying to shoot squirels up at our woods and eat them and make my mister some hats.thats my on-going project.
where did u grow up at?? I have never seen a cranberry bog.i sure love cranberries.i just made a UK sort of cranberry pudding.steamed it and suppose to put a hard sauce on it.we never made it that far.got eaten up.sure good!
there is always hope