Change of pace

Started by willomiller, July 31, 2013, 12:51:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

willomiller

Hey friends, I have been reading and learning a lot for a bit now. I would like to say thank you to each one of you for doing the hard work so I can learn from you.
This journey started long before I knew it, from a post on a Jeep forum that led me to EagelsSJ thread on here.
After reading his thread and many others then praying (not something I did enough of) things have been falling into place! I have always been the guy in the old Jeep truck with emergency supplies at hand. I got away from that state of mind for a bit then every thing came full circle. So after looking awhile praying we came across eight acres that we thought "there is little chance but why not"? BAM got the land!
So here are a few pictures after the work was completed. Again thank you and keep me motivated!!!

Old driveway was covered with saplings up to 6" diameter. cleared with a poulan chainsaw that died. (buy a stihl)

the small pile of brush by the jeep was the smallest of the 3.  The picture of my smiley faced friend helped me burn said  brush piles. Big thanks to him for helping me get it done all in one day!  And my boy for being a motivational speaker.

There were saplings from the back of the camper and then to all the way to the edge of the frame.   All cleared with a Stihl farm boss. 

My 6 year old running the mini excavator like a pro. 

willomiller

Ok, seriously, 199 views and not one comment?  I know I'm pretty new by posting standards but it's pretty discouraging that people obviously had the time to look at my post yet not one "hey, looking good" "great job making some progress" or even a "hey, you're messing up." 

Btw, this is his wife and you guys are not making it any easier on me.  You're  bumming my husband out! And no, they're not all my views on the post. :)

MushCreek

Looks like a good start on your land. Where are you located (roughly)? What are you planning for the property?

Forums are funny; some threads seem to get a lot more comments than others. I don't get much feedback on my build thread, but I'm building with ICF, which is outside of what most people are doing here. I don't care; I keep posting anyway.
Jay

I'm not poor- I'm financially underpowered.

jsahara24

Hey looks good!  Haha.  Lots of lurkers who don't do much posting.   

Keep the pics coming. 

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

poppy

w* What Jay said.  Typically we like to know what you are building in your thread title and where it's located roughly.

And hey, looking good, great job, making some progress, but hey, you're messing up.  :)

And thanks for the pics, we like pics.

UK4X4

The smily faces put me off posting !

Aciiiiid !

but as mentioned many threads have multiple pages of info and photo's but not many replies or posts

If you ask specific questions it usually spurs some responces- if you have a blaring mistake too people tend to type more !

rick91351

I sort of second UK4X4... 

I am sort of unimpressed with the smiley face.  Different strokes I guess, not that amusing to me.  My kids might be rolling on the floor laughing.

I really want to see what is going on.  Not photo-shop and distractions. 

I have not really seen anything there that requires an opinion or a why don't you.  Start messing up and we will let you know...  ;)
Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

nysono

Good luck with whatever your are going to build.  Getting started can be frustrating sometime, seems like you will never get started with the build. Looks like you have a good start at it and involving the whole family makes all appreciate it more.

willomiller

We plan on building a 30x30 garage with a loft first. Then a 30x45 1.5 story and hopefully a basement. We would like to do all we can to save money by doing the work ourselves.
As for the smiley faces did not realize they are that big of a deal.

MWAndrus

I understand the smiley faces. Not everybody wants their faces posted all over the internet.

John Raabe

Good start on carving out your building site and thanks for posting.

RE the faces - it probably doesn't improve your good looks, but is does block facial recognition. We can adjust. :-\
It is slightly creepy however. Like wearing a Nixon mask into the bank. :D
None of us are as smart as all of us.

MountainDon

Quote from: MWAndrus on August 08, 2013, 05:28:36 AM
I understand the smiley faces. Not everybody wants their faces posted all over the internet.

I understand some reasons why some folks may not want to post their own smiling image, or one of their family members on the internet. It's a Privacy thing. So if some one wishes to blur, replace, block a face or a license plate number I don't have a problem. I've blurred plate numbers many times myself. As for comments, over the summer I have precious little online time and try to save comments/time for actual helpful commentary.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Rob_O

Quote from: willomiller on August 02, 2013, 11:09:11 PMYou're  bumming my husband out!

How could all those happy smiley faces ever get bummed out?
"Hey Y'all, watch this..."