Motherearthnews web site?

Started by Chuckca, March 06, 2007, 05:32:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuckca

Does any one know if the Motherearth forum is gone?  I sure can't find it.

Thanks
Chuck

wingam00

Just tried to find the Mother Earth forms and got this message

"The Mother Earth News Forums are currently down for upgrade. We apologize for any inconvenience."

Mark

hunter63

I sent Heidi Hunt, person that is the forum site administer, an e-mail, and she responded that they were up-dating the data base.
It has been down for a couple of weeks.

ListerD

Heh, I'm borderline to canceling my subscription to MEN.

I've never seen an "upgrade" take this long. I know a couple members in the forum personally and it is (the MEN forums) their only source of "community", they are that remote.

It doesn't take 2 1/2 weeks to upgrade a forum.  >:(

But anyway... Great site here! This was a good find for me.

glenn-k

Welcome to the forum, ListerD.

I really like the original MEN magazine, but after they changed hands and turned into a real commercial advertising rag I don't like it anywhere near as well.  Maybe the website is going the way of the magazine.

They still have a bit of useful information but sure don't have the same focus.

ListerD

Thanks for the welcome!

I fired off a nasty-gram of sorts. I think it's BS how they seem to be turning their collective backs on their readers but oh well. Such is life when it's all about money.  >:(

I've seen enough here to drool over for sure!
"We shape our dwellings, and afterwards our dwellings shape us" -- Winston Churchill

desdawg

I recently responded to a promotion for an inexpensive subscription. I haven't looked at the magazine in years so I thought at a bargain price I would give it a go. The caveat for this promotion is if you pay with a credit card they will automatically renew your subscription and charge your card unless you send them a letter and tell them not to.  :o I paid a couple of bucks more and sent in a check. So yes, capatalistic enterprise is alive and well at MEN. As Samuel Clemens aka Mark Twain once said if something looks too good to be true it probably is.
I have done so much with so little for so long that today I can do almost anything with absolutely nothing.

ListerD

A buddy of mine called me this afternoon. I guess he called and actually talked to the Heidi woman mentioned above.

He said there was some kind of a database problem and that Heidi said it would be back up in the next few days.

Cool!

hunter63

ListerD, it's back up for me, as of today.
Need to re-register, they didn't save the passwords, got in from the "HOME site.
Did save the past posts, though.
See ya over there, maybe.
http://www.motherearthnews.com/forums/community.aspx?g=topics&f=1218

glenn-k

Sometimes site upgrades don't go real well - we lost some stuff on the last one.  Some is still available on the old forum for reference.

ListerD

After giving the new forums over there a chance, I think I'm just moving in over here.

I'll miss the people there but the forums take too much away from what it used to be...

/me sets up his tent out back of the CountryPlans server...

glenn-k

ListerD - run back over there real quick and snag your friends too.