Meet Georgia

Started by muldoon, July 19, 2008, 11:08:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

muldoon

We have had this beagle for 2 weeks now who we named Georgia.  No one has posted signs or responded to the one I put up.  She was a rescue dog which has its risks but also it's rewards.  She's as sweet as a georgia peach, and smart too.  I figure shes 2-3 years old.  She was homeless when we found her, after cleanup and flea/tick treatment we let her in.  She slept for 3 days.  After that she's perked up quite a bit.  She's great with the kids and loves chasing squirrels. 

I heard her bark for the first time on Thursday this week.  A few weeks ago I was having trouble with a raccoon getting into my tomatoes and put a trap back there.  That morning I had a cat in the trap.  She was woofing to let me know something wasnt right in the backyard.  I let her out and she just sat on the patio pointing her nose and tail around the corner to show me where to go.  Awesome. 

StinkerBell

I love doggies.

Her markings are just beautiful and she looks sweet too!

peternap

Lucky Pup, Lucky You.

Works out all around [cool]
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

Homegrown Tomatoes

I like her.  Can tell just by looking.  Beagles are fun dogs.  Haven't ever met one that wasn't loveable, even though I've never had one myself.  My uncle has one that adopted them who looks a lot like Georgia... his name is Stinky Bob (the dog, not the uncle!) 

glenn kangiser

We had a good little beagle once.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

benevolance

Looks like a smart little dog....We find that most times the pet chooses the owner...So in some ways you were meant to have this little dog Muldoon...

Congrats

Sassy

Cute dog - looks very sweet!   :)
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

muldoon

We got up this morning to find Georgia in trouble, her neck was swollen and she labored in breathing.  I rushed her to the emergency vet but it was too late.  The vet thinks she had some type of allergic reaction to a spider bite.  She passed away this morning. 

Even though I have only been blessed with knowing her for just a few short years, I cannot express what I am going through today.  Go in peace my sweet good girl. 

fishing_guy

So Sorry.  One of our dogs was quick enough to bite a bee.  It was a mater of 30 minutes to go from normal to full scale allergic reaction.  Luckily we were close enough to get a benedryl drip going and 2 bags later we survived it.  It does happen fast though.
A bad day of fishing beats a good day at work any day, but building something with your own hands beats anything.

apiratelooksat40

Muldoon,

You have our sincerest sympathies.  Georgia was a beautiful tri-color, and from having beagles in our family, I can tell from the look on her face she was a happy and loving girl.  I had a brief glimpse into what you're going thru about 3 years ago.  We had just returned home from the Hospital with my newborn daughter and my wife, recovering from an emergency C-Section.  It was a rainy weekend, but on Sunday afternoon, things cleared and I let the pups (our 6 month old Red-Ticked Beagle, Clifford and our 2 year old Golden, Holly) out for a trip to the trees while I grabbed some steaks for grilling.  In the time it took me to light the Grill and in the excitement of the 2 pent-up pups running around the (6 acre) yard, my little man did something he never does and bolted to the road.  Before I knew it a woman was pounding on the door frantically looking for the owner of the little pup they had hit on their way to Church.  I spent the next 4 days in and out of Emergency Vet Clinics hoping for the best and expecting the worst, and hollow and beside myself for the decisions I might have to make.  I lucked out - he's a fighter and still with us, but reading your post took be back there in an instant.  I'm shedding a tear or two now for you, for Georgia, for your loss...
Last Night....
I Shot 6 Holes in my Freezer
I think I've got Cabin Fever
Somebody Sound the Alarm....

glenn kangiser

Very sorry to hear about Georgia, muldoon.  I sure it is a great loss to the whole family.

I have had and lost lots of dogs in my life.  It seems every one of them is special and irreplaceable, but while it seems hard to think about now, another perfect dog will eventually arrive and once again there will be another loyal companion that thinks you are the greatest no matter what kind of mood you are in, good, bad or otherwise.  I guess that is why we like dogs so much ... they are not like people.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

StinkerBell

ChuckinVa

We lost our 14 Yo Jack Russel in July. His kidneys began to fail and the vet told us that we had noticed early and that dogs will hide things until they can't any longer. I know how hard this is for you right now as it was for us. I had decided not to get another dog as I really didn't want to ever go through that again but my wife found a Jack Russel  at the humane society that was about 8 months old in November and after I went and spent some time with him we adopted him. His name is Chester and he is a real joy in our lives ( most of the time). I hope you will soon have peace about the loss and maybe in the future you may get another opportunity to be adopted.

CHUCK
ChuckinVa
Authentic Appalachian American

rick91351

Someone left a post on this forum one time I found to be so true.  When they leave they leave a big hole. 
Our sympathies go out to you and your family.

Rick and Ellen
Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

MountainDon

muldoon and family, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Ajax

Where ever she is, I hope she's chasing squirrels.
Ajax .... What an ass.
muldoon

Redoverfarm

How does one get so attached?  It happens.  My last one stayed for 17 years.  What a loss of a companion.  Keep you chin up. She remembered you that way.

firefox

For Georgia

Return to the Light little one.
Run and play now,
with bright companions.
Forever free and happy,
and if you choose,
a faithful guardian and protector
to those left behind.

Bruce & Robbie
Bruce & Robbie
MVPA 23824

bayview

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion" - Unknown

/.
    . . . said the focus was safety, not filling town coffers with permit money . . .