How's the weather

Started by Redoverfarm, December 17, 2007, 11:09:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phssthpok

Had a thunder storm roll through last evening. Coming from the north-wets (where you can sit and wait ten minutes to see a 'strike' in the middle of a 'storm') it was quite the show. Strikes ever 3-5 seconds... the closest about 1/4 mile away. Being up near the top of the mountain range made it even more exciting as the thunderheads rolled by at a mere 20-30 feet above my trailer. :o

The best part though was the sunset through the falling rain over the valley. Perhaps the brightest orange in a sunset I've ever seen... and clear skies with stars after the front passed. [cool]

considerations

Go ahead, call me a weeny!....its been in the 90's for 3 days and this frog is cooking.  Wandered around the ho use last night until about 1AM. Too hot to sleep.    I look a fright, but the extra horse trough has been my friend.  I do not know how you all in the "heatwave every year" states do it.  Ick.

Sassy

This past week we had temps up to 106, in the valley 109...  today it's 65!  Lots of suspicious clouds in the sky, last night while I was swimming the sky was clear - this AM there were lines & lines of ripply clouds & now it's a complete whiteout!   ???
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

Redoverfarm

Whoever took my summer would you please return it as I wasn't finished with it yet.  ;) 41F this morning.  The locust trees and ferns are turning brown .  I hate to say it but winter is not too far off.  :(

glenn kangiser

Currently 71 - calling for 89
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

gandalfthegrey

Yesterday a sissling 108.  Today 96.  Colling trend rest of week.  [cool]   ???
Bad Wolf

OlJarhead

It's been very cold out here -- in fact often 20-30 degrees cooler then average at night.

At the cabin it's been well below the norm and presently is hitting 32-34 at night and only about 68 during the day.  All summer it didn't seem to get above 45 at night which is 10 degrees below normal.

My neighbor (up the hill about a mile) tells me the weather is much like it was 11 years ago and he expects heavy snow fall this winter....11 years is the solar cycle...I hope we don't get the 4-5 feet of snow he thinks we might get -- he tells me that is normal in the cooler cycle.

ScottA

We slept with the A/C off and the windows closed 2 nights last week. It's back up in the lower 90's today but the forcast is for cooler weather by mid-week. It's pretty early for it to be cooling off this much.

OlJarhead

Quote from: ScottA on September 06, 2010, 05:42:20 PM
We slept with the A/C off and the windows closed 2 nights last week. It's back up in the lower 90's today but the forcast is for cooler weather by mid-week. It's pretty early for it to be cooling off this much.

It was 68 today at 1:30!  Amazes me how cool it is but I've read that La Nina is causing a strong cooling trend in the Northwest.

Feels like fall already!

MountainDon

Yes, it is definitely fall up in the mountains. Grass here and there is starting to yellow. Cool (55 F) nights.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Sassy

We've been having snow since Saturday...  yesterday we got some sun & most of it melted but woke up this am to huge snowflakes!

OlJarhead

COLD and Snowy.

Cabin temp today is predicted to be -27 now.....hmmmmm wonder if the little stove would get it UP TO freezing after all, it's only about 1/4 insulated at this point....YIKES

Sassy

Wow!  That is cold, brrrrr!  We only got down to 34 degrees but it's supposed to get down in the 20's tonight - don't know if our place will get that cold since we are on the ridge & never get as cold as the rest of the area.  There is actually some blue sky visible right now.

I'm sitting in front of the warm woodstove typing on my computer - what a life! 

Gotta head down the hill for work over the Thanksgiving holiday so taking advantage while I can  c*