The Great Global Warming Swindle

Started by jraabe, March 12, 2007, 12:46:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sassy

It sure is satisfying that the "conspiracy theorists" questioned Gore et al on the validity of global warming  ;D  There were lots of scientists who were blackballed due to their questioning the "scientific evidence"    >:(

Took someone hacking the emails for the truth to come out...  they were caught with their pants down & couldn't cover up fast enough  heh heh
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

RainDog

Quote from: Sassy on January 28, 2010, 12:31:51 PM
It sure is satisfying that the "conspiracy theorists" questioned Gore et al on the validity of global warming  ;D 

[frus]
NE OK

glenn kangiser

Sorry Raindog.  [noidea'  What's up with this. ???

Everytime something doesn't fit your belief of how it should be, you conspiracy theorists scream ripoff and try to make big business look bad.  We are all aware global warming is real and yet you find some obscure scientist and a bunch of obviously faked e-mails to question the obvious fact that we have warmed the globe by several degress.  Enough to melt the polar ice caps and drown half of the people in low lying cities under 500 feet elevation. :(

I personally am exceeding my carbon footprint and am sending Al a check to buy credits from some non-polluting troglodyte in a third world country.... [waiting]
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

pagan

I did one of those carbon footprint calculators and it claimed I had a smaller carbon footprint when I lived in NYC than I do now living in central Vermont.

RainDog

Quote from: glenn kangiser on January 28, 2010, 12:40:57 PM
Sorry Raindog.  [noidea'  What's up with this. ???

Everytime something doesn't fit your belief of how it should be, you conspiracy theorists scream ripoff and try to make big business look bad.  We are all aware global warming is real and yet you find some obscure scientist and a bunch of obviously faked e-mails to question the obvious fact that we have warmed the globe by several degress.  Enough to melt the polar ice caps and drown half of the people in low lying cities under 500 feet elevation. :(

I'm not sure what you're talking about. I'm not a global warming denier.

From above:

"The hysterics and exaggerated prophesies of pundits like Al Gore, as well as scientific inaccuracies in the IPCC report, along with the indications that more than a few climate scientists have acted as activists has done irreparable damage to the credibility of the scientific community at large and as a whole."

That's my problem with it. Not that I think climate science is nonsense or a big lie. My problem is with the politicization and industrialization of climate change studies, the solutions lobbied for, and the extreme scare tactics used to promote the agenda of those who wish to profit by it in a financial or ideological sense, rather than the science behind it.

NE OK

glenn kangiser

Hmm, Raindog.... I think you should be... I'm so confused... ::)

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

pagan

RainDog posts all of those links claiming the science behind global warming is fake, misleading, exaggerated, based on cherry picked data, etc., and then says he's not a denier. Confusing indeed.

ScottA

I'm a denier. I think global warming is BS and Al Gore needs to be put in a straight jacket.

RainDog

My bad. Haven't been clear.

What I see in this whole debacle is science subverted by politics and ideology. The systems being studied here (climate) are very resistant to reductionism and rely heavily on modeling. When Al Gore, with his wildly successful self-advertising campaign and recklessly exaggerated doomsday prophesies, and his ilk managed to create a religion out of global warming, it created a scenario in which money flooded into grants with grand expectations of more and more alarming conclusions, which in turn, considering that climatology is a rather soft science, made it too easy for scientists to, consciously or sub-consciously, manipulate data in their modeling that bolstered the religion in bids for continuing funding.

The end result is what we see now. Not only has climatology been demonized, but to some extent scientific method as a whole as well. We see this in other areas, such as the reduction of evolution by the religious right.

And he gets a Nobel Peace Prize for that.
NE OK

RainDog

Quote from: pagancelt on January 29, 2010, 08:42:53 AM
RainDog posts all of those links claiming the science behind global warming is fake, misleading, exaggerated, based on cherry picked data, etc., and then says he's not a denier. Confusing indeed.

Yeah, I can see what you mean. Totally my fault. I've been posting links without stating why I've posted them. Hopefully I've made my position clearer above.
NE OK

ScottA

Quote from: RainDog on January 29, 2010, 08:49:33 AM
My bad. Haven't been clear.

What I see in this whole debacle is science subverted by politics and ideology. The systems being studied here (climate) are very resistant to reductionism and rely heavily on modeling. When Al Gore, with his wildly successful self-advertising campaign and recklessly exaggerated doomsday prophesies, and his ilk managed to create a religion out of global warming, it created a scenario in which money flooded into grants with grand expectations of more and more alarming conclusions, which in turn, considering that climatology is a rather soft science, made it too easy for scientists to, consciously or sub-consciously, manipulate data in their modeling that bolstered the religion in bids for continuing funding.

The end result is what we see now. Not only has climatology been demonized, but to some extent scientific method as a whole as well. We see this in other areas, such as the reduction of evolution by the religious right.

And he gets a Nobel Peace Prize for that.

Very well put. The first clue you get that this is an agenda and not science is the name change from "Global Warming" to "Climate Change". They can say climate change is real and not be lying because the climate is always changing. But it's not the same thing as Global warming.

pagan

Cleared up for me, thanks.

My take is scientists want the grant money to do their research, hell, they don't want to go out and get real jobs where the produce something tangible, right? So they write their proposals in such a manner as to get the money. Politicians are stupid and care only about getting reelected. They're more concerned with looking weak in front of their electorate, so they push a public agenda they think the public wants, and then Gore comes out with his movie. Scientists are smart, and Gore gave them all they needed for them to write proposals to get tons of government grant money. As long as your research is related to Global Warming you're all set. Now you've got millions of sheeple crying about polar bears and melting glaciers screaming at stupid politicians to do something who then turn to greedy scientists to perform more research to FIX the climate. The whole thing feeds itself.

RainDog

The ultimate in moronic convergence, bin Laden becomes a global warming activist.

(AP) - Bin Laden Blasts US for Climate Change

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20100129/D9DHCO002.html
NE OK

pagan

Poor little Osama, doesn't he know most American products are made in China?

OlJarhead

I came in late to this one so if I post something you've already read don't beat me! :P

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/01/100127134721.htm

There are many articles like this one -- hundreds really -- that debunk the Global Warming Myth.  However, my favorite (and I'll have to search for it) is one on the warming trends on Mars, Jupiter's moons and perhaps Pluto.

No Global Warming Chicken Little The Sky Is Falling Alarmist has yet to explain this.

Of course they also have a hard time with the fact that it's been cooling since 98 or 2001 (still uncertain which year was the peak) and might not go back to warming for a while -- but it will since there are cycles of solar activity which influence earths global temperatures.

Of course, they also have not addressed the fact that it was warmer in 1300 then it is now -- funny that.

OlJarhead

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2007/02/070228-mars-warming.html

That's just one of many on the mars connection..

And I almost forgot (and will have to search for) the article pointing out that the Satellite used by Gore's researchers was broken...DOH!

And Ice Caps are at 1979 levels...and Antarctic ice shelf is growing and and and

They are full of crap.

cabinfever

Great god in heaven - GOP vs. Dems square off again. Here's my take: If you buy any particular party's line, you're part of the problem, not the solution.

The only question worth asking is "Is there something happening, and is it likely to be a problem for humans?". If the answer is yes, I don't give a rat's *** if it is man-made or caused by solar radiation or evil dragons. "What are we going to do to make sure it's not a problem for us?" is the only question that matters.

Both political parties have a lot to gain to make sure we battle each other over it. Not a single person here has anything to gain by playing into them. Debates like this is what is going to transform this great country of ours into a two-bit banana republic.

Sorry for the rant, but god I'm tired of smart people buying into media-driven political sound bytes.

(Boy am I going to catch hell for this - I'm already sorry I had that third beer...)

glenn kangiser

All Bin Laden tapes are special effects created by the US Government special film team.  The guy has been dead for years.  The gov just needs a bogeyman to keep the sheeple scared.

StinkerBell

Quote from: glenn kangiser on March 05, 2010, 11:43:26 PM
All Bin Laden tapes are special effects created by the US Government special film team.  The guy has been dead for years.  The gov just needs a bogeyman to keep the sheeple scared.
I love you and you know I do not subcribe to allyour conspiracies....This is one that I can actually say "Yep, that is possible and believable" Of course I really have no idea....But it's not far reaching.

OlJarhead

Quote from: cabinfever on March 05, 2010, 08:08:46 PM
Great god in heaven - GOP vs. Dems square off again. Here's my take: If you buy any particular party's line, you're part of the problem, not the solution.

The only question worth asking is "Is there something happening, and is it likely to be a problem for humans?". If the answer is yes, I don't give a rat's *** if it is man-made or caused by solar radiation or evil dragons. "What are we going to do to make sure it's not a problem for us?" is the only question that matters.

Both political parties have a lot to gain to make sure we battle each other over it. Not a single person here has anything to gain by playing into them. Debates like this is what is going to transform this great country of ours into a two-bit banana republic.

Sorry for the rant, but god I'm tired of smart people buying into media-driven political sound bytes.

(Boy am I going to catch hell for this - I'm already sorry I had that third beer...)

Actually, this post is no different then any others.

glenn kangiser

Quote from: StinkerBell on March 06, 2010, 11:28:12 AM
Quote from: glenn kangiser on March 05, 2010, 11:43:26 PM
I love you and you know I do not subcribe to allyour conspiracies....This is one that I can actually say "Yep, that is possible and believable" Of course I really have no idea....But it's not far reaching.

I love you too, Stinky, and all I can say is, "Would you like a subscription to all of them?"

If you go back through all the pix of Osama from old to new - posted in various places on the net, you will see that they vary in ridiculous amounts.  He was pretty much on his Death bed in Dubai when the CIA visited him July before 911.  He said he did not do it - it was our government and associates that pulled it off.  I have heard that he at least was telling the truth and was an honest person.  If he wanted to tell you he wanted to kill you he would.  Not sneak around lying about it like our officials.   He worked for the CIA in Afghanistan against the Russians.  Once Cia - always CIA they say.

Any more subscriptions you would like, Stinky? :)

StinkerBell

I like that word myself. It indicates what I would buy into....You have certain subscriptions I would not buy yet othes I could see myself buying, or at least considering to buy.

I have an unhealthy love for you. I hope you understand....bwahhahahahah

glenn kangiser

Not a problem, Stink.  I can handle it.  Care to subscribe?.... [waiting]

StinkerBell

Right now I am just kinda looking through the pages. I hate subscriptions that havenothing but advertisement in it. heh

glenn kangiser

Study on, Stink. I hope you find something of interest.... [waiting]