24 x 28 in Indiana

Started by grover, May 20, 2013, 07:03:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grover

Wife and I are building a 24 x 28 one bedroom on 5 wooded acres. Planning on a 12 x 12 loft/storage area. Main level will be a bedroom, utility, and bath under the loft plus living/kitchen/dining with cathedral ceiling. Planning on a 12/12 pitch outside and a 9/12 pitch inside with scissor trusses all the way throughout.
A friend of mine who is a builder is helping me, (more like I am helping him), get a start on my cabin. We rented a small excavator and dug the footers last Sunday, 05-12-13. I took off an afternoon of work last Thursday and helped him pour the footers. We drove up today 05-19-13 and dug out the crawl space. We had to do a step down in the footer on about half the foundation because the back half drops off down hill.. Gonna go three blocks high on the front portion and 4 on the back part.  The plan is to get his help to get it under roof and in the dry and then finish it ourselves.
I'm not seeing anything about how to attach pictures.

cholland

Great! Looking forward to pictures. Use photobucket, it's easy.
I'm building a 20x32, with similar idea as yours. Just getting the walls up. Other than help with the foundation, I've been doing everything myself. I went with a parallel chord truss so I get 12/12 on the inside too.

grover

I'm gonna try to upload some pics of what we have been doing.  Digging footers, pouring footers, and gravel in the dug out crawl space.

The block, anchor bolts, mortar mix, and wood for the beam and sill plate should be delivered Saturday.

grover

grover

mwhutch

Looks great, and really came along fast! [cool] Did you all use a crane truck to set your trusses?

grover

They had a skid steer with that boom you see attached to it but it didn't go high enough.  They did it by hand standing in the loft on one end and they lay walk boards down from the loft to the end wall and walked them